Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

stereo: Everybody needs somebody to love
Posted by: dingq ()
Date: January 7, 2013 15:34

new stereo edit of The Rolling stones "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love", uploaded Januari 1st 2013

enjoy, it's free...

if the Youtube link is dead, use this one on VIMEO video: [player.vimeo.com]

pure coincidence*: the thumbnail shows Ian Stewart just a split second behind Brian Jones, during a (playaback) performance on tv of "I am waiting". He is not playinh piano, he is doing some roadie job, I think.

I used that video, for there's no proper video of "Everybody".

* commercial video may show fake video images as a thumbnail. I know that, for I searched a short commercial frame by frame (it was a very short one) but the thumbnail (nice lady) was not in the video. Yes, when you pay for Youtube's services, they allowed you to swindle...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-16 23:26 by dingq.

Re: stereo: Everybody needs somebody to love
Posted by: dingq ()
Date: January 7, 2013 15:36

ask ABCO for more stereo versions, sign this petition

petition for more stereo rereleases

Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 8, 2013 03:45

The 2002 Abkco remasters have released the songs in their original mono and/or stereo formats. Your petition is pointless.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: January 14, 2013 06:54

nick
The 2002 Abkco remasters have released the songs in their original mono and/or stereo formats. Your petition is pointless.

Everybody Needs Somebody to Love has never been released in stereo on any CD.
The 'long' version-released originally on The Rolling Stones No. 2-was released in stereo on an English single in the 1970's and on the Decca compilation LP "Rock And Rolling Stones". All other released versions have been in mono.

Date: January 20, 2013 20:27

thkbeercan
nick

The 'long' version-released originally on The Rolling Stones No. 2-was released in stereo on an English single in the 1970's and on the Decca compilation LP "Rock And Rolling Stones". All other released versions have been in mono.

thkbeercan is right. If I just looked at my own website that I made for myself, I would have seen that. I stand corrected. It is the only song left in that category. Thank you for setting me straight.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: January 20, 2013 22:08

nick, fyi, there are several other known stereo recordings, both out of print and bootleg, that were not released on the 2002 remasters. I'm sure there are probably other unknown recordings as well that exist in the archives, too.

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: January 21, 2013 03:58

thkbeercan
nick

Yes, That's right ! thumbs up

Date: January 21, 2013 04:16

blakeeik
nick, fyi, there are several other known stereo recordings, both out of print and bootleg, that were not released on the 2002 remasters. I'm sure there are probably other unknown recordings as well that exist in the archives, too.

I'll give anything another listen but this appears to be the breakdown after the 2002 SACD's came out.

STEREO VERSIONS NEVER RELEASED
THE LAST TIME
19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY

STEREO VERSIONS ON VINYL ONLY
EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE LONG UK STREET FIGHTING MAN MAXI 45

STEREO VERSIONS NOT ON THE 2002 SACD
SATISFACTION LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
PLAY WITH FIRE LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
GET OFF MY CLOUD LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT NO CHOIR 1ST LONDON YRS CD

COMPLETE VERSIONS NOT ON SACD
TELL ME NO FADE LONDON THE ROLLING STONES CD
UNDER ASST WEST COAST PROMO MAN UNCENSORED 1ST LONDON YRS CD
RUBY TUESDAY FULL VOCALS IN CHORUS LONDON HOT ROCKS 2 CD

NOT ON SACD
GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT ORIG STEREO US LP, LONDON CD, ABKCO CD
ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS ABKCO ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS CD
WE WANT THE STONES
(EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE
PAIN IN MY HEART) UK GOT LIVE EP - SINGLES 1963-1965 5/04
NATURAL MAGIC PERFORMANCE 10/70 MEMO FROM TURNER - SINGLES 1968-1971 2/05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-21 04:29 by nick.

Date: January 21, 2013 04:34

nick,

that looks essentially correct - here is what I put together:
[dl.dropbox.com]

Date: January 21, 2013 04:39

nick
blakeeik

I'll give anything another listen but this appears to be the breakdown after the 2002 SACD's came out.

STEREO VERSIONS NEVER RELEASED
THE LAST TIME
19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY

STEREO VERSIONS ON VINYL ONLY
EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE LONG UK STREET FIGHTING MAN MAXI 45

STEREO VERSIONS NOT ON THE 2002 SACD
SATISFACTION LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
PLAY WITH FIRE LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
GET OFF MY CLOUD LONDON HOT ROCKS 1 CD
YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT NO CHOIR 1ST LONDON YRS CD

COMPLETE VERSIONS NOT ON SACD
TELL ME NO FADE LONDON THE ROLLING STONES CD
UNDER ASST WEST COAST PROMO MAN UNCENSORED 1ST LONDON YRS CD
RUBY TUESDAY FULL VOCALS IN CHORUS LONDON HOT ROCKS 2 CD

NOT ON SACD
GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT ORIG STEREO US LP, LONDON CD, ABKCO CD
ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS ABKCO ROCK AND ROLL CIRCUS CD
WE WANT THE STONES
(EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE
PAIN IN MY HEART) UK GOT LIVE EP - SINGLES 1963-1965 5/04
NATURAL MAGIC PERFORMANCE 10/70 MEMO FROM TURNER - SINGLES 1968-1971 2/05

Well indeed, I've forgotten "STEREO VERSIONS ON VINYL ONLY - EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE LONG UK STREET FIGHTING MAN MAXI 45".... confused smiley

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: January 21, 2013 08:50

blakeeik
nick,

[dl.dropbox.com]

That must have taken a lot of work. Nicely presented... well done!

Date: January 21, 2013 19:46

blakeeik
nick,

[dl.dropbox.com]

Thank you for your hard work-very well done!!

a note: regarding your "Hot Rocks" page-"I've Been Loving You Too Long" was first released without audience overdubs on the 4 LP German Decca box The Rest Of The Best and that was in mono. The version found as a bonus CD track on the 2002 More Hot Rocks marks its first release (without audience overdubs) in stereo!

Also, on the same page, the ABKCO CD single version of Wild Horses/Sway is pictured with "Sway" listed the single version. The single version of Sway, with a different mix and different vocals, has never been released on CD. It has only been released in mono and only appeared as the flip side of the American 45rpm of "Wild Horses". ABKCO's CD single version is the full length stereo album track. Oddly, the version of "Sway" on the Rolling Stones CD single (from their recent 'complete singles' boxed set) is also the stereo album track, but shortened to 3:22 minutes-the same length as the mono alternate 45 version!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: January 21, 2013 23:12

not quite right - "Collector's Only" from 1980 (German and French release) had "I've Been Loving You" for the first time without the audience overdubs - see here: [www.vinylstones.org]

Date: January 22, 2013 04:20

blakeeik
nick,

[dl.dropbox.com]

Great job blakeeik, mine goes a while back to the days of writing down track listings in the record shops so I can buy everything available with the least amount of repetition. I liked how you "greyed out" the repetitive tracks on titles and on my website I just delete them.

I don't want to start a new thread but a question in general for anyone to answer is, Has anyone from our community taken a needle to Saturday Club and confirm what versions Fortune Teller and Poison Ivy actually are?

Date: January 22, 2013 04:25

silkcut1978_
not quite right - "Collector's Only" from 1980 (German and French release) had "I've Been Loving You" for the first time without the audience overdubs - see here: [www.vinylstones.org]

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update.

Date: January 22, 2013 05:19

silkcut1978_

Yes. But, wasn't "Collector's Only" from 1980 version in STEREO ?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:15

nick
thkbeercan
nick

thkbeercan is right. If I just looked at my own website that I made for myself, I would have seen that. I stand corrected. It is the only song left in that category. Thank you for setting me straight.

I thank ELSTL (long) was stereo on the new "More hots rocks:big hits fazed cookies"

Date: January 24, 2013 06:56

The More Hot Rocks CD version is mono

Date: January 25, 2013 02:22

thkbeercan
"I've Been Loving You Too Long" was first released without audience overdubs on the 4 LP German Decca box The Rest Of The Best and that was in mono.

Good point! I forgot all about that one, and as mentioned by silkcut, it was first on Collector's Only.

I know the DAC version of The Rest of the Best is in stereo, but the vinyl rip of The Rest of the Best I have is in mono. I cannot confirm the version on Collectors Only.

thkbeercan
The single version of Sway, with a different mix and different vocals, has never been released on CD.

Yes, I agree with you. I did mention essentially those same points in a different way:

"Brown Sugar and Wild Horses were released as singles on Rolling Stones Records, not Decca or London, but appeared on ABKCO singles compilations" (pg 11) The artwork is from the Singles CD for this reason. I'm working on Volume 2 1971-2012, and it will also have more about Sway and the edits released on The Complete Singles Collection 1971-2005, because it was released on Rolling Stones Records.

"Mono/M+S* 7” single" (pg 11) there was a single with Wild Horses in stereo, but Sway was mono on both.

"Sway –(single version) is a different mix with a different vocal track and has never been released on CD" (pg 13)

"Singles 1968-1971...Substitutes (2004-2005)...Sway –(LP version slightly edited)" (pg 13)

Thanks much for the feedback!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-25 02:53 by blakeeik.

Date: January 25, 2013 08:58

Keep up the good work!

Date: January 25, 2013 13:33

Nick, I don't have Saturday Club, so I cannot confirm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home