Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BBC6 celebrates the Stones
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 8, 2012 19:28

BBC6 celebrates the Stones

Downloaded the 2 hour "The Stones by The Stones", described as:

Another chance to hear Paul Sexton digging into his extensive interview archive with the rock legends for an illuminating trip through 50 years of the Rolling Stones. Part of BBC Radio 6 Music Celebrates 50 Years of The Rolling Stones.

I downloaded it in wav, 48 Kh, 16 bit, stereo, AND in mp3, 128 kbps.
Used a Wav Editor to split the wav file in 2 more or less equal parts.
Next used Traders Little Helper to convert to FLAC, level 8.

Flac:
The Stones By The Stones Part 1 (1 hour, 440 Mb)
Wetransfer (available until July 22nd)
The Stones By The Stones Part 2 (1 hour, 455 Mb)

mp3 (2 hours, 274 Mb):

Chris from Belgium

Re: BBC6 celebrates the Stones
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 8, 2012 20:39

Thank you very much
drinking smiley

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: July 8, 2012 22:59

Hi coowouters,

Thanks so much for uploading these!

What program did you use to d/l these? I only see a listen/play option on the BBC site. I would like to try and d/l the 71 archives concerts.

Thanks!
EG

Date: July 8, 2012 23:07

edithgrove
Hi coowouters,

What program did you use to d/l these? I only see a listen/play option on the BBC site. I would like to try and d/l the 71 archives concerts.

Thanks!
EG

I use "Aktiv MP3 Recorder", which not only lets you download in mp3, but also in wav, wma, OGG, VOX,AU and AIFF.
There are more settings that concern the quality, for example for .wav recordings, you can go from 8kHz - 8 Bit - Mono to 48kHz -16 Bit - Stereo (with 34 different options between those two)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: July 9, 2012 01:44

Thank you coowouters I downloaded and listened to the documentary earlier today. The archive interview segments are great and the program compiler has made some interesting choices of music from the Stones catalogue. The tracks are mostly left to play to their full completion which takes up a lot of the 2 hour running time. Very nice though..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-09 01:46 by rumple21.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 10, 2012 22:37

Thanks for your effort

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 10, 2012 23:28

Good interview with Sid Griffin on the Radcliffe & Maconie show today...
...saw The Long Ryders a couple of times many years ago - hw was good then and he is still making sense now cool smiley

Just follow the link at the top of the thread - then go to Page 2

Thanks again Chris

Cheers

PS Apparently Absolute Radio 60s has a 'special' on this Thursday - inc a chat with Ronnie and Keith - will try and find out more

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 11, 2012 01:03

Thanks one more tiem Chris! thumbs up

Date: July 12, 2012 11:55

coowouters
edithgrove
Hi coowouters,

Thanks!
EG

I use "Aktiv MP3 Recorder", which not only lets you download in mp3, but also in wav, wma, OGG, VOX,AU and AIFF.
There are more settings that concern the quality, for example for .wav recordings, you can go from 8kHz - 8 Bit - Mono to 48kHz -16 Bit - Stereo (with 34 different options between those two)

Thanks coowouters!

I recorded 71 archives with Aktiv MP3 Recorder app tonight. It's really super easy to use.

I have two questions for you:

1. When I played back concert, it sounded tinny and distorted. I recorded it in 16 bit wav. Any suggestion why I got bad sound recording?

2. I also tried to record 1965 archives, but every time I click on listen, I get a message that says media selection request failed. Do you get that when you try to listen to it?

Thanks again for the help.

Best,
EG

Date: July 12, 2012 12:10

edithgrove
coowouters
edithgrove
Hi coowouters,

Thanks!
EG

Thanks coowouters!

I recorded 71 archives with Aktiv MP3 Recorder app tonight. It's really super easy to use.

I have two questions for you:

1. When I played back concert, it sounded tinny and distorted. I recorded it in 16 bit wav. Any suggestion why I got bad sound recording?

2. I also tried to record 1965 archives, but every time I click on listen, I get a message that says media selection request failed. Do you get that when you try to listen to it?

Thanks again for the help.

Best,
EG

Have to check on question 1, will let you know later.
As for question two, had that problem too, I think it's because the recording is not available anymore. (if you don't see " available for x more days, it's gone....
Edit: for the 65 archives, click on the first picture. On the next page that opens, click on "The Live Music Hour Kasabian, Last Party and The Rolling Stones " Next page that opens, you should see "listen now", but when I checked a few seconds ago, there's only 17 hours left before they take it down.
The "archives part are the last 15 minutes or so from that show.

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 12:15 by coowouters.

Date: July 12, 2012 12:18

Edithgrove, I checked my 71 recording (the Leeds show, right?) and it's perfect in wav.......
Maybe some problem with your settings?

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 12, 2012 12:57

Very strange.

My format settings are:

File wav
Format 48khz, 16 bit, stereo

These are the only adjustments I made.

I playback on Aktiv MP3 Recorder Archive. It sounds like underwater.

Is there a way I can move file so I can play on vlc player? Maybe it's the player. Or the settings. Is there any other settings I should use?

Thanks!
EG

Date: July 12, 2012 14:12

edithgrove
Very strange.

My format settings are:

File wav
Format 48khz, 16 bit, stereo

These are the only adjustments I made.

I playback on Aktiv MP3 Recorder Archive. It sounds like underwater.

Is there a way I can move file so I can play on vlc player? Maybe it's the player. Or the settings. Is there any other settings I should use?

Thanks!
EG

In Aktiv MP3 recorder, you can set the destination folder. I created a folder and make sure that, each time I record something, to get the recording into that folder and then I can play it with whatever program I want.

To make sure, I'm adding my recordings as Wetransfer links.
The '65 archives are the Stones part only, the '71 file is the complete one:

'65 Archives:
Wetransfer

Leeds '71:
Wetransfer

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 14:21 by coowouters.

Date: July 12, 2012 20:20

Thanks for the links since I'm running out of time to try and figure this out.

My settings are the same as yours.

I made my Target File Location, my desktop so there would be no problem finding it. After recording again, it didn't show up on desktop.

When I record, I press play on BBC Radio Player. Then press record on Aktiv MP3 recorder. I see it recording. Levels are moving. It looks like I'm doing everything correct???

Date: July 12, 2012 20:28

edithgrove

I made my Target File Location, my desktop so there would be no problem finding it. After recording again, it didn't show up on desktop.

When I record, I press play on BBC Radio Player. Then press record on Aktiv MP3 recorder. I see it recording. Levels are moving. It looks like I'm doing everything correct???

Not a good idea to put the files on your desktop. Better create a folder somewhere on a hard disc.
When I want to record something, I pause the source, put the slider on the start of the file, then start the recorder and immediately after, I start the source. This will give you a second or 2 of noise on your recording, but for the rest I've never had problems doing it this way (except when I was a few seconds late for a live broadcast ;-) )

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 12, 2012 23:22

coowouters
edithgrove

Not a good idea to put the files on your desktop. Better create a folder somewhere on a hard disc.
When I want to record something, I pause the source, put the slider on the start of the file, then start the recorder and immediately after, I start the source. This will give you a second or 2 of noise on your recording, but for the rest I've never had problems doing it this way (except when I was a few seconds late for a live broadcast ;-) )

OK, I'm doing everything exactly like you say.

I played back the show I saved to desktop. Still having problems with sound.

I'm currently trying to record Keith's Top 10 to my C Drive. I hope it works. 1973 Concerts Highlights is coming soon. I need to get this app to work right.

I don't know why the sound problems. Maybe I should turn off utorrent. Not have anything else running while recording.

Thanks again for helping out!
EG

Date: July 13, 2012 00:51

I figured it out. There is an external mic somewhere. It is recording show and everything in the computer room. That's is what is giving that tinny distorted sound. It's adding in my sounds moving around, dog barking, etc. Went to Help page but doesn't mention anything about turning it off. Also don't see anything in the settings.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:40

It looks like you should be able to turn off the microphone using Device Settings in the recording program. You can also try right clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, selecting Recording Devices, and Set Default to what you want (it may not be an option but worth a try).

Date: July 13, 2012 02:15

Thanks. Did it and disabled mic.

Now when I go record I get message: Parameter is incorrect???

Any correlation between the two?

What a pain just to record some radio shows.

Date: July 13, 2012 13:14

You have to search in the drop-down menu in the box circled in red in the picture below, for the "device" you want to use (it will probably something like " stereo Mixing, or "Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input").
I had the same problem you have until I found that out ;-)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 13, 2012 20:06

is this just the documentary, or the Leeds show - which is what i'm really after.
thanks

Date: July 13, 2012 20:37

peoplewitheyes
is this just the documentary, or the Leeds show - which is what i'm really after.
thanks

You can find the download link for the Leeds '71 under the sreenshot in my first post with screenshot.
The download link for one of the docus is in my first post in this thread

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 14, 2012 15:57

great! thanks Chris

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 14, 2012 18:25

Chris, Thanks for the Aktiv MP3 link
Managed to get the settings adjusted (and my PC volume control) so that it now sounds fine

Recording the 'Bright Lights, Big City' series (presented by Bill Wyman)
As you said, the programmes are "broadcast" at 128kbps - but I am recording to WAV (as you suggested) and the sound is great.

"The Stones At The Beeb" was also replayed again this week - all still available on 'Listen Again'

Cheers

Date: July 16, 2012 10:59

coowouters
You have to search in the drop-down menu in the box circled in red in the picture below, for the "device" you want to use (it will probably something like " stereo Mixing, or "Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input").
I had the same problem you have until I found that out ;-)

Hi Chris,

I wish I could say problem solved, but no such luck. I had a couple of friends look at computer this weekend. The problem is still there.

I have all settings as you say. The drop-down menu you circled is Microsoft Sound Mapper - Input in English. So everything is set as you have it. Still get room noise when recording.

You were getting room noise too?? How did you solve problem?

BBC posted 1973 European Tour highlights. I would like to be able to record it.

As always thanks for all your help.

Best,
EG

Date: July 16, 2012 11:19

EG,

I have recorded the 73 tour highlights, will upload and post link here later.
In the dropdown menu, is there something like "stereo mixer"?
When I first installed the program, I had only two options. Had the noise problem until I choose that "stereo mixer". For some reason, when I upgraded the program (free), I got a whole list and the program automatically changed to "Microsoft-geluidstoewijzing-Input", which is working just fine.
JUst try all the possible settings in that dropdown menu and let me know if it works. 'If not, I would suggest to re-install the program and try it all over again.

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 16, 2012 12:42

coowouters
EG,

I have recorded the 73 tour highlights, will upload and post link here later.
In the dropdown menu, is there something like "stereo mixer"?
When I first installed the program, I had only two options. Had the noise problem until I choose that "stereo mixer". For some reason, when I upgraded the program (free), I got a whole list and the program automatically changed to "Microsoft-geluidstoewijzing-Input", which is working just fine.
JUst try all the possible settings in that dropdown menu and let me know if it works. 'If not, I would suggest to re-install the program and try it all over again.

I have only 2 choices under Device Settings: Microsoft Sound Mapper & Microphone. No Stereo Mixer. When I d/l program, I upgraded to latest version. Maybe best to uninstall and reinstall old version.

This is such an easy program to use for an old guy like me. It's frustrating having this problem that can not be solved.

Date: July 16, 2012 13:33

I'm afraid my Master in Communication and Information Systems and PhD(? in Information Technologies are to high to solve such user problems, lol !
(Or should I turn them in???????) lol!!!!!!!!

Anyway, here's the download link for the '73 Tour Highlights, I'l also make a new topic for this download.

Good luck with un)installing (!!!!!) and re-installing the program. Make sure all traces of the old installation are gone before you download and install again!!!!!

BBC 6 '73 Tour Highlights:

Wetransfer (available until July 30th)

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home