Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Release/Mocambo thoughts
Posted by: rockshow2112 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 03:33

So I'm pretty happy with Hampton '81 since that was my favorite tour. Too young to actually attend, but that's when I first got into music and that tour was all over the place. Very heavily promoted, and it brings back fond memories of discovering such awesome music.
And notice how they already picked a show that was a near perfect bootleg anyway?? I mean it's a little better, but it still sounds like a damn good bootleg- and not something you would purchase at a store.
So that got me thinking....and it pains me to say this, but I doubt they will EVER release good ol' El Mocambo. Simply because it's "not playing it safe"
Know what I mean? Of course all these releases are bootlegs I understand, but I just get the feeling we'll get a bunch of stuff from 1989 and beyond for the next few, and they may never go back the the 60's or 70's.
I may not be getting my point across, sorry about that. But by playing it safe, I just doubt we'll get the holy grails most of us really want you know?
And trust me, I hope I am 100% WRONG...because I want Mocambo as much as everyone else.
Anyway just felt like posting because I do love that 81 tour!! And this gives us something to discuss before the third installment! Who knows what that will be?!!?

Re: New Release/Mocambo thoughts
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 6, 2012 17:51

I like having a better version of Hampton '81. I always liked that concert. The Stones aren't deciding which shows to release by which show is heavily bootlegged. They know these shows will be part of their legacy. I was glad to get Brussels. I hear San Jose 99 is lined-up for release. I saw those shows and they were great! The best Moonlight Mile & You Got the Silver ever (I checked every performance)! San Jose 99 is the holy grail for me.

Re: New Release/Mocambo thoughts
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 6, 2012 20:09

exilestones
I like having a better version of Hampton '81. I always liked that concert. The Stones aren't deciding which shows to release by which show is heavily bootlegged. They know these shows will be part of their legacy. I was glad to get Brussels. I hear San Jose 99 is lined-up for release. I saw those shows and they were great! The best Moonlight Mile & You Got the Silver ever (I checked every performance)! San Jose 99 is the holy grail for me.

Hi exilestones....could you give an indication on the reliabilty of your info ?...it would be great to get an official '99 show..........cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 20:10 by EddieByword.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home