Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Undercover Live on Itunes
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 20, 2014 21:06

Did anyone ever download this live version of "Undercover?"

I'm wondering if it's the same as the 1991 release from a "Ruby Tuesday" (live) 656892-2 Flashpoint bonus single? I read that it was the same (Atlantic City 11989).

link

Re: Undercover Live on Itunes
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 20, 2014 21:16

Think it's actually from the 2006 Shine A Light Gig. You think they would tell us that right? Or they're hoping we buy something we already have without realizing it.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:33

At [page2rss.com], it's stated that "A strange download-only "live-single" with unique cover-artwork of the song Undercover Of The Night was recently in the talks among Stones-collectors, but it turned out that this i-tunes release is only the Flashpoint-era track from Atlantic City 19.12.1989, which was first released as a B-side to Ruby Tuesday in 1991."

In the various releases of Ruby Tuesday on Discogs, however, (see [www.discogs.com]), it's not shown as a b-side of anything, but it does appear on some of the CDs, but at 3:54 long rather than 4:11 as stated on iTunes at [itunes.apple.com].

So there's uncertainty about which live track it really is. And BTW, does anybody have a high-res image of that red-background "sleeve" on the iTunes site?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:48

stonesman87
At [page2rss.com], it's stated that "A strange download-only "live-single" with unique cover-artwork of the song Undercover Of The Night was recently in the talks among Stones-collectors, but it turned out that this i-tunes release is only the Flashpoint-era track from Atlantic City 19.12.1989, which was first released as a B-side to Ruby Tuesday in 1991."

In the various releases of Ruby Tuesday on Discogs, however, (see [www.discogs.com]), it's not shown as a b-side of anything, but it does appear on some of the CDs, but at 3:54 long rather than 4:11 as stated on iTunes at [itunes.apple.com].

So there's uncertainty about which live track it really is. And BTW, does anybody have a high-res image of that red-background "sleeve" on the iTunes site?

It is the version from the "Ruby Tuesday" CD single. Mine is timed at 4:12 despite what it says on the label.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 00:49 by Deltics.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:58

Undercover of The Night (Live) was released in 1991 on the Ruby Tuesday 4-track Maxi CD single. It's 4:29 long on this release. But it was also released as the b-side of the Sexdrive US 7" and it's 4:04 long here : [www.discogs.com]
It was re-released in 2011 on the Universal "Singles 1971-2006" box set where it's 4:12 long. This last edit matches the iTunes download version length.

Date: May 21, 2014 05:09

kowalski
Undercover of The Night (Live) was released in 1991 on the Ruby Tuesday 4-track Maxi CD single. It's 4:29 long on this release. But it was also released as the b-side of the Sexdrive US 7" and it's 4:04 long here : [www.discogs.com]
It was re-released in 2011 on the Universal "Singles 1971-2006" box set where it's 4:12 long. This last edit matches the iTunes download version length.

Looks like you've made a really good call here. I've checked out what I have on a very similar basis, all these sounding like the same live track:

1971-2006 box set - on Ruby Tuesday CD - actually 4:11 long, 4:11 also stated in book
1971-2006 box set - Sexdrive CD - actually 4:17 long, but 4:15 stated in book
Sexdrive Australian CD single 656889 2 (I don't see it on Discogs) - actually 4:08 long, but 4:04 printed on the CD (no time stated on the sleeve)
Ruby Tuesday Australian CD single 656892 9 (not on Discogs either) - actually 4:28 long, but only 3:54 printed on the CD and the sleeve

It's all a matter of how much crowd noise they edited off the start and end, but guess what? The most recent release, the 1971-2006 box set, on the Ruby Tuesday CD, has it as exactly 4:11, so I'm concluding that's the 4:11 one that was released on iTunes on 24.10.12. It's odd that it's 4:15 on the Sexdrive CD in the same box set, but that doesn't matter.

Now, can anybody come up with a bigger hi-res image than the one at [itunes.apple.com]? That would enable legitimate owners of the 1971-2006 box set to make their own custom iTunes CD single.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 05:12 by stonesman87.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 21, 2014 05:42

The funny thing is....nobody bought it!

Date: May 21, 2014 06:14

exilestones
The funny thing is....nobody bought it!

I'm not surprised! Such an obscure "release", and what for? I can only wonder. Anyway, I had some time to waste researching it, just in case anybody (if anybody at all) is interested. In the meantime, a very nice person has sent me a great big hi-res example of the iTunes image.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 22, 2014 12:46

Deltics
It is the version from the "Ruby Tuesday" CD single. Mine is timed at 4:12 despite what it says on the label.

this makes me think of a practicle joke.

An American landowner told his dutch friend.....It takes me half a day to drive from one end of my land to the other end.
The dutch friend answered.....I did own such a car once.

meaning; does your player run too fast or too slow? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 12:16 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 22, 2014 16:09

Liked your joke Jaap! This morning you put a smile in my face! smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 23, 2014 12:18

Quique-stone
Liked your joke Jaap! This morning you put a smile in my face! smiling smiley

Typo in my joke;
half sounds like have (is altered)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home