Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Promotional Album - Needledrop?
Posted by: vicdrow ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:03

Promotional Album (London RSD-1 & Decca RSM-1), any bootleg/pirate/uploads out there?

vic

Re: Promotional Album - Needledrop?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 22, 2010 20:35

No, just my original RSD-1. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 22, 2010 21:44

vicdrow
Some time ago (2 years or so) there was Promotional Album CD on Hungarcity. Probably dead by now by now. Or it was removed, don't remember.

The trick - it was bootleg compilation made from 2002 remasters. So be careful if you'll see that CD.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 22:32

I've both of them in vinyl but, contrary to what it was supposed, the versions are the official ones. Hence, there's no sense to issue them in bootleg.

Date: November 22, 2010 23:09

straycat58
I've both of them in vinyl but, contrary to what it was supposed, the versions are the official ones. Hence, there's no sense to issue them in bootleg.

My source says otherwise. Two (named) tracks are supposed to be different mixes, in fact four because the US version is stereo a the UK is mono.

I really would like to check it out with my own ears/headphones.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 23, 2010 00:16

The rumors that there are alternate tracks on this album are very old, as well as the belief that there are lots of counterfeit versions with the official tracks circulating.

My belief is that these are ONLY RUMORS, since I have never seen anyone produce one of these recordings. But, I wouldn't be mad to be proved wrong!
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-23 00:43 by blakeeik.

Date: November 23, 2010 01:00

blakeeik
Can't prove it by posting official material. But I got that CD from Hungarcity appr. 2 years ago. One week somebody uploaded 'Promotional Album' and '2120 S.Michigan ave. - The lost blues album'. Both disks were bootlegs made from 2002 SACD remasters.

Just checked Hungercity. Both are gone.

Also there is entry like this
Rolling Stones, The - Promotional Album
Label: Mecca
Catalog#:Rsm1
Format: CD, Unofficial Release
[www.discogs.com]

And Mecca is known for putting together singles and remixes winking smiley

Date: November 23, 2010 01:43

ironbelly
blakeeik
Can't prove it by posting official material. But I got that CD from Hungarcity appr. 2 years ago. One week somebody uploaded 'Promotional Album' and '2120 S.Michigan ave. - The lost blues album'. Both disks were bootlegs made from 2002 SACD remasters.

Just checked Hungercity. Both are gone.

Also there is entry like this
Rolling Stones, The - Promotional Album
Label: Mecca
Catalog#:Rsm1
Format: CD, Unofficial Release
[www.discogs.com]

And Mecca is known for putting together singles and remixes winking smiley

Ironbelly- I don't undersatnd- so what alternate tracks were on it? They obviously did not come from the SACDs of 2002. confused smiley

Date: November 23, 2010 01:52

blakeeik
There were no alternative tracks on those cds. Just official versions. That's why I told to be careful otherwise you'll end up with fakes in hands and holes in your bank account angry smiley

Those alternative tracks on super-mega-rare LP are great mystery to me. Never heard them either.

Date: November 23, 2010 03:46

If anyone knows for certain if alternate tracks exist, please post. thanks.

Posted by: THERIFF ()
Date: November 23, 2010 13:37

blakeeik
The rumors that there are alternate tracks on this album are very old, as well as the belief that there are lots of counterfeit versions with the official tracks circulating.

My belief is that these are ONLY RUMORS, since I have never seen anyone produce one of these recordings. But, I wouldn't be mad to be proved wrong!
smiling smiley

HI EVERYBODY, FROM WHAT I REMEMBER ' LOVE IN VAIN ' IS A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT MIX, AS THIS TRACK WAS UNRELEASED AT THE TIME, ALL OTHER TRACKS ARE THE NORMAL VERSIONS, ALSO ALL THE SLEEVES WERE MADE IN THE USA,& AND ALL THE ALBUMS WERE MADE BY DECCA IN THE UK, THE COPY I HAVE IS THIS WAY,WITH ALL THE CREDITS ON THE REAR OF THE SLEEVE HAVE A BLUE LINE THROUGH THEM, AND THE PROPER UK CREDITS ADDED. CHEERS THE RIFF

Date: November 23, 2010 15:50

THERIFF
HI EVERYBODY, FROM WHAT I REMEMBER ' LOVE IN VAIN ' IS A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT MIX, AS THIS TRACK WAS UNRELEASED AT THE TIME, ALL OTHER TRACKS ARE THE NORMAL VERSIONS, ALSO ALL THE SLEEVES WERE MADE IN THE USA,& AND ALL THE ALBUMS WERE MADE BY DECCA IN THE UK, THE COPY I HAVE IS THIS WAY,WITH ALL THE CREDITS ON THE REAR OF THE SLEEVE HAVE A BLUE LINE THROUGH THEM, AND THE PROPER UK CREDITS ADDED. CHEERS THE RIFF

Do you have this alternate mix? If so, can you please describe the difference so I know what to look for? Thanks!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: November 23, 2010 18:52

My understanding is 200 were pressed for either side of the
Atlantic, for air play. I saw one on vinyl at the Bonnington
Hotel London for £700, a RS convention held between the O2 Shows.
There are many copies to be found on vinyl and CD.
I have a copy plus one taken from the net.
So if someone has a original RSD-1, you´re in the money.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 24, 2010 14:49

[cgi.ebay.at]

happy biddingsmoking smiley

Date: November 24, 2010 15:33

bluesinc.
[cgi.ebay.at]

happy biddingsmoking smiley

So even someone that HAS the Promo album and is selling it cannot confirm an alternate mix of Love in Vain????? Sounds pretty fishy to me drinking smiley

And oh, I am not going to pay $6k to find out! tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-24 15:38 by blakeeik.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 19:03

Again, the LIV versions on both RSD1 and RSM1 are the official ones.
The fact that it was an alternate take is just a myth.

Date: November 24, 2010 19:55

straycat58

I believe you! How on Earth did this rumor get started?

Date: November 25, 2010 10:05

blakeeik
straycat58

I believe you! How on Earth did this rumor get started?

IT'S NOT AN ALTERNATIVE VERSION, JUST AN ALTERNATIVE MIX, ALTHOUGH I COULD'NT TELL THE DIFFERENCE,THE INFORMATION CAME OUT OF ONE OF THE BOOKS ON THE STONES, EITHER ROY CARR OR DAVID DALTON, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH ONE ?, I HAVE SO MANY.
CHEERS THE RIFF

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:19

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT US? IT'S THE "NORMAL" MIX, I SHOULD KNOW, SINCE I OWN THE PROMOTIONAL ALBUM (RSD-1)

THERIFF
IT'S NOT AN ALTERNATIVE VERSION, JUST AN ALTERNATIVE MIX, ALTHOUGH I COULD'NT TELL THE DIFFERENCE,THE INFORMATION CAME OUT OF ONE OF THE BOOKS ON THE STONES, EITHER ROY CARR OR DAVID DALTON, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH ONE ?, I HAVE SO MANY.
CHEERS THE RIFF

Date: November 25, 2010 12:28

gimme_shelter
WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT US? IT'S THE "NORMAL" MIX, I SHOULD KNOW, SINCE I OWN THE PROMOTIONAL ALBUM (RSD-1)

THERIFF
CHEERS THE RIFF

Can you make a needledrop?

vic

Date: November 26, 2010 03:00

Jim, I got it!!!
Took a long listen...you were right.
Thanks man.

vic

Date: November 26, 2010 13:15

gimme_shelter

THERIFF
CHEERS THE RIFF

WHO'S SCREAMING ALL I WAS DOING WAS TRYING TO ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE HAD ASKED, IN FUTURE I WONT BOTHER, IF THATS THE WAY EVERYBODIES TAKING IT

CHEERS THE RIFF

PS I TO HAVE THE PROMOTIONAL ALBUM

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 26, 2010 18:43

Don't know yet, but maybe I have somebody to trade this with me:

24 bit 96 kHz needledrop of The Rolling Stones' "Plundered my Soul" limited 7" vinyl release. The first time available on vinyl. A great song from the "Exile on Main Street" sessions. Good Sound.

Is this what you are talking about ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home