Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 25, 2010 12:56

Hi

On the back cover of the Artwork (See below)

there are not very much information for this track.
I'm even not sure that KR and RW are involved...
It could be IMO only a jam session of Peter TOSH with his musicians with maybe KR or RW
I really don't know eye rolling smiley

All the other tracks are official so I couldn't upload the whole CD
Btw it's a good idea to join all the 12" on some CD's
Some really worth (But a few only IMO) for the others, it's a completist thing...

Any further informations are welcome

Beast of Burden (Instrumental Dub).flac

RS

HMN

Re: POST : Beast of Burden (Instrumental Dub)
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 25, 2010 13:16

Original post - wrong thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-25 21:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 25, 2010 20:20

It's this one:

790100A early 1979: BLACK UHURU. Probably Kingston, Jamaica; date unsure.
Producer: Delroy Witter. Incl.
- Shine Eye Gal (Derek Simpson/Michael Rose)
- What A Joy (Black Uhuru?)
- Beast (MJ/KR) -basing on ‘Beast Of Burden’-chords
Line-up: KR (gtr)/Radcliff Bryan (gtr)/Robbie Shakespeare (bass)/Sly Dunbar (dr)/
Keith Sterling and/or Winston Wright (org)/Derek Simpson, Michael Rose
and Puma Jones (voc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-25 20:43 by midnrambler.

Date: July 25, 2010 21:17

@midnrambler

Thanks for your quick answer thumbs up
I was pretty sure for the Shakespeare-Dunbar section but not for the rest...
Didn't think of BLACK UHURU, too bad it doesn't sound great , too many hiss
cos' I like this dub version.

HMN

Posted by: jimjamaica ()
Date: July 25, 2010 21:21

there is a jam on Keith Richards Not Guilty (Dream Factory) boot from this session, cover says Shine Eye Gal, What A Joy, Best Of Dub, but not the Dance´n´Shuffle track Beast Of Burden (Instrumental Dub)

Date: July 25, 2010 21:29

knows anybody a boot with the mentioned track by zentgraf

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 25, 2010 23:43

jimjamaica
knows anybody a boot with the mentioned track by zentgraf

They are on a Keith Richards vinyl boot titled "Jam". I'm not sure if they are all on CD.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:09

I have a bit different atwork

Date: July 26, 2010 00:15

stonesmuziekfan
I have a bit different atwork

Hi SMF

I also got the picture used from your back cover below but mine's
is USED as a back inside one.
Original one is shown above with a mistake on the back cover I've corrected!
It was written TOO MUCH BLOOD 12" picture sleeve instead of HARLEM SHUFFLE winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 26, 2010 00:35

Thanks for the info HMN

Date: July 26, 2010 00:57

Just in case someone doesn't know,there's also a mistake in the compiling of this album and the MAXI-1 album 'Too much blood on the dancefloor'. Re. Too much blood; The original 12" single has the Dance version at 12mns 52secs and the Dub version at 8mns 2secs,(This can also be checked out on a CD called The Versions). MAXI-1 Too muchblood on the dancefloor has the Dance version at 8.43 and MAXI-2, Dance and shuffle has Too much...Dub version at 12.23, what the compiler has done is take the last 4 minutes of the original Dance Version and stuck it on the front of the Dub version thereby shortening the Dance version and extending the Dub version by 4 minutes, hope that makes sense; basically when you listen to Too much blood - Dub on Dance and Shuffle for the first 4 mins you're actually listening to the last 4 mins of the Dance version, it's a pity this mistake has been made because the quality of the MAXI versions is better than on the album The Versions which is a vinyl rip and dare I say it sharper even than the brand new only played once 12" version that I have...just some info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-26 03:08 by EddieByword.

Date: July 28, 2010 22:13

Beast Of Burden (Istrumental Dub) can also be found on Keith Richards Booze & Pills & Powders (Swingin´Pig), just post by stonesmuziekfan in flac

reelin´& rockin´

Posted by: ha-jo ()
Date: July 29, 2010 00:43

midnrambler
It's this one:

790100A early 1979: BLACK UHURU. Probably Kingston, Jamaica; date unsure.
Producer: Delroy Witter. Incl.
- Shine Eye Gal (Derek Simpson/Michael Rose)
- What A Joy (Black Uhuru?)
- Beast (MJ/KR) -basing on ‘Beast Of Burden’-chords
Line-up: KR (gtr)/Radcliff Bryan (gtr)/Robbie Shakespeare (bass)/Sly Dunbar (dr)/
Keith Sterling and/or Winston Wright (org)/Derek Simpson, Michael Rose
and Puma Jones (voc)

btw: there several official versions of shine eye gal, but they have nothing or nearly nothing left of keef ... does anybody know the "original", unofficial version?

thanx in advance!

ha-jo

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 29, 2010 01:43

wow, all of their worst 80s songs in one place! thanks grinning smiley
I like the cover, though.

Date: July 29, 2010 02:53

Amused
wow, all of their worst 80s songs in one place! thanks grinning smiley
I like the cover, though.

I think you should listen more carefully to Feel On Baby (Instrumental dub)winking smiley
Agreed for the other ones...

HMN

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 29, 2010 02:57

I'd take a listen to BOB, I like it. but more or less it's really Stones at their worst! smiling smiley

Date: July 31, 2010 13:56

Yes, the 80's was a difficult time in terms of appreciation for Mick Jagger, in my view he committed the cardinal sin for a Rock'n'roll hero - especially with Too much blood and She's the Boss etc,in trying to inject a bit of humour into his lyrics, as for the music I think the life and dynamic in Too much blood makes 'Sympathy' sound pretty turgid, perhaps a warm up at best....on the subject of 'Sympathy' am I the only one who thinks the setlists of the Voodoo Lounge tour got a bit boring after Love is Strong was nudged out of position for the second Las Vegas '94 show by the said ubiquitous Sympathy; Personally I long for the Stones to play more live (of the unplayeds) from the "bad" albums like Undercover, Black and blue and Goat's head soup (and some Dirty Work) & IORR, because otherwise if the Stones do tour again your just going to end up with another re - hash of what is known in my circles at least as the " Oh no, not Tumbling Dice again" tour (A.K.A. A Bigger Bang). Again, personally, I think a medley of 'Sympathy><Too much Blood to start a Stones show would be stunning....and so on.....I'd start the final third with Let the good times Roll and then incorporate stuff like Dance little Sister, a LONG Hey Negrita (for a decent dance) and Silver Train.....just a couple of thoughts.....EddieByword

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-31 14:35 by EddieByword.

Date: July 31, 2010 15:07

@Eddiebyword

Agreed with your point on JAGGER during the 80's.
I wrote in the tell me section last year I don't recall, that IMO Too Much Blood
and I'm talkin' about the music, not the lyrics, is probably one of the worst thing I've heard from the STONES, the best version is the album version cos it's the shorter one grinning smiley

Btw, I agreed too , not to hear the same warhorses again.

To me, the best way to go , is to quit with a show which could look like this
playin' some great blues and rock'n'roll classics as they did, in their early years and some unplayed stones one, and for the last one of course "The last time".

HMN

Date: July 31, 2010 20:32

Honestman
@Eddiebyword

Agreed with your point on JAGGER during the 80's.
I wrote in the tell me section last year I don't recall, that IMO Too Much Blood
and I'm talkin' about the music, not the lyrics, is probably one of the worst thing I've heard from the STONES, the best version is the album version cos it's the shorter one grinning smiley

playin' some great blues and rock'n'roll classics as they did, in their early years and some unplayed stones one, and for the last one of course "The last time".
You got me there Honestman....I don't know what IMO or Btw mean ......( old school in that sense),I guess that's one of the reasons the Stones have been so successsful, something for everyone, if you don't like this you might like that, personally I love Too much blood (the song that is not the actual stuff !) a really vibrant infectious rhythm and that brass section is just mad and the lyrics of the 12" are really out of the box (and Lou Reed thought he had that "Just wrote it, don't know what it means" stuff taped). I know obviously everyones perfectly entitled to their preferences but I honestly don't understand what's not to like..it's so up it's almost unbelievable but as I say something for everyone...My unfavourite Stones songs are Blinded by Love, Sweethearts togethor and I,m afraid Keith's Infamy (dire).....a friend of mines favourite album is Emotional Rescue...so there you go....nice talking to you anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-31 20:33 by EddieByword.

Date: July 31, 2010 22:26

It's IORR's most summarized words

IMO = In my Opinion
BTW = By the way

winking smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-31 22:26 by Honestman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 31, 2010 22:48

Honestman

Hi mate!

Interesting....! ...but I'll state my opinion, even if it bugs you
I find Too Much Blood to one of the VERY best Rolling Stones tracks after 1978 - it sounds like a legendary band fueled up with energy; yet having the couriage to follow the "mainstream" music-mood (disco) at the time; and STILL make it sound like they really mean it.....not "faking it" (like Jagger on his solo albums 1985-1988 + Goddess In THe Doorway).

I really dig Too Much Blood - and I think it's the last song in which Rolling Stones really tried to sound "modern", and made a total success of it. Of course there are other great RS tracks from the later years, but they are all appreciated in a retrospective, tempowise and respected way instead of being futuristic and controversial ("controversial" for "the common Rolling Stones fan" that is)....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-31 22:53 by Erik_Snow.

Date: August 1, 2010 00:04

cool smileycool smiley
Honestman
It's IORR's most summarized words

IMO = In my Opinion
BTW = By the way

winking smiley
Cheers Honestman, thanks for that..... I have to say I agree with Erik_Snow regarding his statement about modern, I think the Stones pulled it off with not only Too much blood but most of Undercover (except Feel on & It must be Hell (already laid down respectively by Sly & Robbie / Lee Perry and the Stones themselves (It must be Hell = Soul survivor)), modern in that it was unique in the same way as Ian Dury & the Blockheads early stuff was.....never done before and some like yourself might say, thank &*$£ never done since. Lots have tried to emulate Ian Dury,..... I think the lack of attempts by others regarding Undercover is not a sign that the music is bad but in fact it's so experimental, left field and off the beaten track that few people appreciate it and even fewer have the guts or know how to try and copy or develope it. IMO Undercover lifted the lid of constraints about what is 'Rock music' imposed by other musicians/fans ( mostly regarding what it's o.k. to sing about and how those sentiments should be expressed and to what beat) and especially the music press.I think the Stones were being boxed in by the press and the punk/new wave thing at this time and just said to themselves &%^% it and out came Undercover. ( Elton John once said "The Stones are the perfect Rock'n'roll band because they don't give a £$*&", not even about other 'rock' peoples ideas about how to be a rock band )- image etc..... Also IMO it is the Stones most underated album. I know I'm not alone in thinking it was a good album as I know keith Richards was well pleased with it and even though they had a bust up in the years that followed he was also well pleased with Mick Jagger's input saying "Mick really surpassed himself with the lyrics on Undercover" I do agree with you about Feel on Esp.Dub (but I also like the album version), again IMO that,s when the Stones really got a handle on and truly understood reggae. (If you like that check out Lee Perry's Scratch & the Upsetters - Superape, 1976. Sumptuous.) O.K. that,s it tonight, got to watch Big Brother. EddieByword,PS. How do you get those smiley faces to go on the end of ones thread ? I clicked on the cool smiley twice but it's ended up up the top of the page instead as you can see

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-02 05:01 by EddieByword.

Date: August 1, 2010 00:44

Erik and Eddie

I've got your point, but I always thought that undercover was the first bad album (or not as good as I expected ) with Ronnie WOOD. Of course, there 's some tracks I like but I just don't get the whole album, maybe I should listen to it again.
But it has been already discussed many times on this board, I'm in for "Dirty Work"
I'm out for "Undercover", just a matter of taste.

For your pleasure only the 12" cover, that I must admit I like very muchwinking smiley

Keep on Rockin' cool smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 00:45 by Honestman.

Date: August 1, 2010 02:31

There's only a handful of Stones songs I'm not keen on, so yes, I, like you, also like Dirty Work but definitely, I would if I was you revisit Undercover if you've a mind to, IMO (I like that) an ingenious mix of sexiness, humour, observations on domestic violence,(inc. female against male) the violence of war/drugs and their negative effect on sex, ie. rampant prostitution throughout the world, a realistic perspective of depth through maturity; and that's not to mention the dirty,sleazy,wild dance music,( not to put too much of a downer on things ). It must be good....(and meaningful) the BBC banned the singles,Personally I think the style of Undercover reflects the real mayhem of the world more accurately than the more measured style of Beggars Banquet Inc. Sympathy of course, O.K. cheers Honestman, Eddiesmiling smiley

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 20:08 by EddieByword.

Date: August 1, 2010 22:02

confused smiley Above Post edited, incoherent grammar fixed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 22:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 2, 2010 10:53

i like the 12 " more than the original albums versions..more freak out.......

Date: August 2, 2010 15:26

vancouver
i like the 12 " more than the original albums versions..more freak out.......
Anyone for a petition for Too >grinning smiley<Much Blood Live ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-03 21:07 by EddieByword.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home