Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

post : "US Tour 1981", Lexington, KY, Rupp Arena, 11 December, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 2 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-024)
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:33

Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 2 (Dog N Cat Records DAC-024)
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - December 11th, 1981

Disc 1:
Take The A Train
Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Shattered, Neighbours
Black Limousine
Just My Imagination
Twenty Flight Rock
Going To A Go-Go
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend

Disc 2:
Let It Bleed
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
band introduction
Little T & A
Tumbling Dice
She’s So Cold
Hang Fire
Miss You
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.2 (DAC-024).part1 [rapidshare.com]
Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.2 (DAC-024).part2 [rapidshare.com]
Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.2 (DAC-024).part3 [rapidshare.com]

Extract all the files at one !!!!

Ray

The second volume of the Kentucky Fried Rockers is the Stones’ return trip to the state five weeks after their appearance in Louisville. This is sourced from an excellent, well-balanced soundboard recording like all the 1981 soundboards are. There are two small gaps in the tape: about ninety seconds in “Let Me Go” and about a minute in the middle of “Tumbling Dice”.

A poor to fair audience source was spliced in to give continuity. DAC did a good job with the actual editing job, but the difference in sonic quality between the two sources is pretty extreme and we can be thankful the gaps weren’t too big.

The performance is okay although this is a show where the band sounds a bit tired and hazy. Mick Jagger mocks confusion about the location: “I woke up this morning and where was I? Shidoobee, Shidoobee Shidoobee” he says before “Shattered”.

Before an intense version of “Just My Imagination” he says: ”I woke up this morning and had a dream I was playing in Kentucky. It was just my imagination”. They play the full set with the inclusion of “Going To A Go-Go”, but Charlie Watts forgets his cue to “Start Me Up” after “Miss You” and leads the band into “Honky Tonk Women”.

Keith segues “Start Me Up” right after “Brown Sugar” almost as if he’s saying, “let’s not forget out current hit fellas!” The tape goes to “Satisfaction” (a song omitted from the circulating audience tape) and ends a pretty good Stones performance. DAC again treated the tape right and the sound is simply wonderful to hear.

And since this is the debut for this show in Lexington makes this an essential purchase if you’re into the Tattoo You tour. It seems to me that all these boards coming out, although great quality, are a bit repetitive with very little setting the different concerts apart.

Re: post : "US Tour 1981", Lexington, KY, Rupp Arena, 11 December, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 2 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-024)
Posted by: stones4life ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:47

soundbord?

Re: post : "US Tour 1981", Lexington, KY, Rupp Arena, 11 December, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 2 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-024)
Date: April 10, 2010 16:31

stones4life
soundbord?

same answer
Look to the review of this cd from [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Ray

Posted by: stones4life ()
Date: April 11, 2010 05:55

a simple ancer would be nice

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: April 11, 2010 08:31

stones4life
soundbord?

You only need to read the description well

"The second volume of the Kentucky Fried Rockers is the Stones’ return trip to the state five weeks after their appearance in Louisville. This is sourced from an excellent, well-balanced soundboard recording like all the 1981 soundboards are. There are two small gaps in the tape: about ninety seconds in “Let Me Go” and about a minute in the middle of “Tumbling Dice”."

Date: April 15, 2010 20:02

Also in the newsgroups
alt.binaries.boneless
alt.binaries.sounds.lossles smoking smiley

Ray

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home