Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

post : "US Tour 1981", Louisville, KY, Freedom Hall, 3 November, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-023)
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:30

Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 (Dog N Cat Records DAC-023)
Freedom Hall, Louisville, KY - November 3rd, 1981

Disc 1:
Take The A Train
Under My Thumb
When The Whip Comes Down
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Shattered
Neighbours
Black Limousine
Just My Imagination
Down The Road Apiece
Going To A Go-Go
Let Me Go
Time Is On My Side
Beast Of Burden
Waiting On A Friend
Let It Bleed

Disc 2:
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
band introductions
Little T & A
Tumbling Dice
She’s So Cold
All Down The Line
Hang Fire
Miss You
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Star Spangled Banner

Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.1 (DAC-023).part1 [rapidshare.com]
Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.1 (DAC-023).part2 [rapidshare.com]
Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol.1 (DAC-023).part3 [rapidshare.com]

Extract all the files at one !!!

Ray

Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 is the first of two brand new soundboard tapes and the first time these two concerts have ever been released on a commercial silver release. A fair audience recording does exist, but have never been booted for understandable reasons.

Now we’re able to hear both of these show in pristine sound quality. Like other soundboards from this tour there is a gap in the tape during “Time Is On My Side” which is filled with the older source. Otherwise this is an excellent, well-balanced and powerful recording.

The concert itself is very good and enthusiastic. There is a false start right after “Take The A Train” when Keith begins the “Under My Thumb” riff and stops. A nervous Jagger yells out some yeahs before the band is ready to start again.

“It’s hotter than hell,” Mick complains before “Shattered”. There is a very rare performance of “Down The Road Apiece”, a song that was in the early set lists but subsequently dropped. There are some mistakes in “Brown Sugar” and the band gets lost in the middle of “Jumping Jack Flash”.

DAC’s cover design is getting to be typical of their releases, a tasteful photo on the cover with the writing vertical on the side. It is again a very classy release and is recommended to fans of the 1981 tour. Except for this being a new show there is nothing else to really make this stand out from the others. This label have been trying to issue every one of these soundboard tapes and it’s rumored their next release will be from Cedar Falls, Iowa from November 20th.

Not even an audience tape has surface for this show so it will be interesting to hear. I sometimes think while listening to the tapes from this tour that the Stones’ material isn’t dramatic enough to sustain a two hour-long show. In any event, Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 and its companion Vol. 2 come recommended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-10 12:32 by Keessie.

Re: post : "US Tour 1981", Louisville, KY, Freedom Hall, 3 November, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-023)
Posted by: stones4life ()
Date: April 10, 2010 12:48

soundbord?

Re: post : "US Tour 1981", Louisville, KY, Freedom Hall, 3 November, 1981 (Kentucky Fried Rockers Vol. 1 - Dog N Cat Records DAC-023)
Date: April 10, 2010 16:30

stones4life
soundbord?

Look to the review of this cd from [www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Ray

Date: April 17, 2010 14:37

Also in the Newsgroups
alt.binaries.boneless
alt.binaries.sounds.lossless smoking smiley

Ray

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home