Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: post : outtakes : More Fast Numbers (Dog N Cat Records DAC-097) Pathe Marconi Studios, Boulogne Billancourt (near Paris), France 1977-1978
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 20, 2010 13:22

Is megaupload down? Anyone else having problems? Thanks for the uploads Keessie!

Re: post : outtakes : More Fast Numbers (Dog N Cat Records DAC-097) Pathe Marconi Studios, Boulogne Billancourt (near Paris), France 1977-1978
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 20, 2010 15:00

gotdablouse
PS - I chose to be notified of replies here but they're not coming through, is that me or is it the same for everyone ?

same for me, has been like that for 5 years

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: March 20, 2010 15:51

[/quote]
It's odd that the "reggae version" only surfaced in 2003 (or was it 2004) out of the blue and alone on the "Tattoo Too" CF. At the time some argued it came from the 1975 sessions where it was supposedly started but it sounds 77/78 to me.
[/quote]

I would've said the opposite, ie: the 'reggae version' sounds very much like the new sounds/styles the band was experimenting with during the 'Black & Blue' sessions (to me anyway :-)).
But, what's confusing me a little after reading all of the above comments is: I always thought DAC & VGP were essentially the same company (?). If that IS the case, then it's down-right weird that DAC should release inferior sounding tracks, that appeared in better quality on VGP releases, eg: 'Accidents Will Happen'.
I don't know how many people here actually buy, or see the 'real' releases & I apologise in advance if this sounds a bit 'anal', but: Not that long ago, VGP repressed 'Newcastle '73' (VGP-035). It has the same font on the disc as later DAC discs & also has the 'pressed in Taiwan' on the inner-rim of the silver/data side- again, as used by DAC .
To make things even stranger- I don't know how many here know the 'Collectors Music Reviews' website (?). When they reviewed this 2nd pressing, they said that this version uses thin, paper inlays- whilst the original would've had thick, glossy, card inlays. As far as I'm aware- it's the opposite way round. When my copy arrived, the inlays actually looked like 'new old stock'- as if they'd had a surplus of the original inlays & had just re-pressed the disc.
Sorry- I'm not usually this boring! LOL.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 20, 2010 17:19

Erik_Snow
Midnrambler, have you noticed if DAC used *your* rip of More Fast Numbers for their CD release? You uploaded it to Dime, if I remember it correctly.
BTW, I still haven't downloaded/bought this DAC......but I have the vinyl - hope the DAC is not a "downgrade" for those tracks....as some of their other vinyl-rips are - at least for VGP.

No, DAC did not use my torrent. They used the (sped up) tracks from a "Genius Is Pain"/"Some Tramps" LP (it was on Dime recently), not from a "More Fast Numbers" LP. Not a wise decision in my opinion because the "More Fast Numbers" LP sounds clearly better. So it is unfortunately indeed a downgrade, as you write...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 17:21 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 20, 2010 18:23

megaupload has stopped loading for me too - uk based, appears to be an ISP issue - as I can get thru using a VPN but when trying to download, I then get the message 'download limit exceeded'

still working on it...

Date: March 20, 2010 18:27

midnrambler
Erik_Snow
Midnrambler, have you noticed if DAC used *your* rip of More Fast Numbers for their CD release? You uploaded it to Dime, if I remember it correctly.
BTW, I still haven't downloaded/bought this DAC......but I have the vinyl - hope the DAC is not a "downgrade" for those tracks....as some of their other vinyl-rips are - at least for VGP.

No, DAC did not use my torrent. They used the (sped up) tracks from a "Genius Is Pain"/"Some Tramps" LP (it was on Dime recently), not from a "More Fast Numbers" LP. Not a wise decision in my opinion because the "More Fast Numbers" LP sounds clearly better. So it is unfortunately indeed a downgrade, as you write...

Thanks for the information, midnrambler
I do not have Some Tramps/Genius Is Pain on real vinyl - but it appears that you and "Hillside Blues" have different point of views concerning which is the best sounding one, concerning them old bootlegs. I'll get to download this DAC release next week......look forward to check it out. I think the main reason that this thread has reached over 35 posts allready, is that these 77/78 sessions feature some of the best ever music Rolling Stones recorded; at least from the "Wood-era". There should be a "definate compilation" of it, indeed.

Date: March 20, 2010 19:58

Erik_Snow
Thanks for the information, midnrambler
I do not have Some Tramps/Genius Is Pain on real vinyl - but it appears that you and "Hillside Blues" have different point of views concerning which is the best sounding one, concerning them old bootlegs.

Well obviously yes, we have different opinions here. I once had both LPs, "Genius Is Pain" and "More Fast Numbers" and I know that I sold "Genius Is Pain" again shortly after having bought it because I already thought back then that "More Fast Numbers" sounds better (I still have the "More Fast Numbers" LP). But OK, of course it's - as always - also a matter of taste. The best is everyone decides himself which one he likes more.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 20, 2010 20:31

MrsHop

It's odd that the "reggae version" only surfaced in 2003 (or was it 2004) out of the blue and alone on the "Tattoo Too" CF. At the time some argued it came from the 1975 sessions where it was supposedly started but it sounds 77/78 to me.

I would've said the opposite, ie: the 'reggae version' sounds very much like the new sounds/styles the band was experimenting with during the 'Black & Blue' sessions (to me anyway :-)).
Possibly but hard to tell for sure because the "reggae version" sounds like no other B&B unreleased song, much cleaner sound. Does anyone know for sure the story on that version and why it surfaced out of the blue on its own?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 22:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: March 21, 2010 05:24

Ok, I just compared More Fast Numbers and Some Tramps vinyl versions closely. They both run too slow but I'm now willing to accept that More Fast Numbers sounds little better. The sound seems to be a bit fuller and little less hiss audible. These (tape?)skips on When The Whip Comes Down II are major turnoffs though. Perhaps they are the reasons why I judged the More Fast Numbers vinyl so harsh to begin with, they always did annoy me a lot. "When The Whip" on the DAC version is surely from a different source though, it sounds nothing like neither of the vinyls, much better IMO.

So I would say this CD is definitely worth downloading, if only for "When The Whip". Both I and II actually. Best source I've personally heard. As for songs like Start Me Up I, Claudine I and I Can't Help it I... More Fast Numbers vinyl would be preferable like midnrambler said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 05:43 by Hillside Blues.

Date: March 21, 2010 11:18

Can someone re-up this or make a torrent please cos megaupload is still f*cked!

Date: March 21, 2010 18:18

Paul Kersey
Can someone re-up this or make a torrent please cos megaupload is still f*cked!
I don't understand your problem, Megaupload works perfectly.

Date: March 22, 2010 15:02

I can't access megaupload. Won't load page for me..

Finally working. Thanks for the DACs Keessie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-22 17:12 by Paul Kersey.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 22, 2010 19:12

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: March 28, 2010 20:03

Also in the Newsgroups
alt.binaries.boneless
alt.binaries.sounds.lossless smoking smiley

Ray

Date: March 31, 2010 11:54

This one contains actually 4 classic vinyl albums on 2 CDs:

1) More Fast Numbers
2) All Them Women (Whom SGR-3)
3) Some Other Girls (Whom SGR-1)
4) Spend It So Fast (Whom SGR-2)

However none of the recordings is taken from the corresponding vinyl. Instead of "More Fast Numbers" they used "Genius Is Pain" and the other 3 are from much better sources than the LPs were (which sounded very dull).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 31, 2010 15:33

Beast Of Burden I
When The Whip Comes Down II
Some Girls I
also appear on "Twilight Zone" (VGP-048)

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 2, 2010 17:50

Thanks for the info

Ray

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 7, 2010 07:08

Thanks for the DAC release!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 7, 2010 09:33

Here's another set of Some Girls outtakes titled More Fast Numbers on hungercity:

[www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 8, 2010 15:30

Thanks Keessie for another DAC release!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 8, 2010 19:52

Britney
Here's another set of Some Girls outtakes titled More Fast Numbers on hungercity:

[www.hungercity.org]

That is the Rebel Yell Factory version, and in my opinion is slightly better then the DAC. Its more crisp and very low generation.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 9, 2010 13:08

Munichhilton
Britney

[www.hungercity.org]

That is the Rebel Yell Factory version, and in my opinion is slightly better then the DAC. Its more crisp and very low generation.

Great!

Date: May 31, 2011 20:37

bump

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:54

I love so much that back cover smiling bouncing smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: May 23, 2015 04:02

hey guys I was looking around could anyone please point me in the direction of an active download link? Would be greatly appreciated if anyone knew where to look I have had no luck so far. Cheers

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 23, 2015 15:48

woodyweaving
hey guys I was looking around could anyone please point me in the direction of an active download link? Would be greatly appreciated if anyone knew where to look I have had no luck so far. Cheers

GO TO THIS LINK:
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,1728668

THE FILE YOU WANT IS HERE.

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: May 24, 2015 04:14

Thanks HEILOOBAAS it's much appreciated!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:21

woodyweaving
Thanks HEILOOBAAS it's much appreciated!

No problem. I hope you enjoy them!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home