Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : AUD ; Fort Collins 11-7-1969 bigtyke66's improved (speed-corrected) ( from Dime ) FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 14, 2009 09:33

X

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-13 11:27 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : AUD ; Fort Collins 11-7-1969 ( from Dime ) FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 14, 2009 11:52

US, is it the 1st or the 2nd version of the FC torrent that you share here?
bigtyke66 posted an improved (speed-corrected) version soon after his original torrent

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 14, 2009 12:04

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-13 11:27 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 14, 2009 13:26

smileys with beer

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 14, 2009 14:18

Thanks!

Re: POST : AUD ; Fort Collins 11-7-1969 bigtyke66's improved (speed-corrected) ( from Dime ) FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 14, 2009 16:20

Thanks,Jos!!!! You rule!

Re: POST : AUD ; Fort Collins 11-7-1969 bigtyke66's improved (speed-corrected) ( from Dime ) FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:45

Thank you very much, Jos!

Cannot say that this is superior to the DAC version,it sounds a bit thinly,it needs more bass!

But then it probably won't be long until Mrs.Hop comes along and declares that DAC sounds like their usual remasters: "SSIYS= Stiff Socks Into Your Speakers"smiling smiley
Maybe it's all a matter of taste, more or less!

Posted by: Lazarus ()
Date: November 15, 2009 13:34

Brilliant, cheers.

Date: November 27, 2009 22:03

Would somebody in the USA send me their copy of this? Email me & we can trade. I've got everything up through 1978 in my collection (sorry, I don't have a list as I need to hire a bloody secretary to go through every CD I own & that will take days!!!)

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 26, 2010 19:46

Thank you

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 28, 2010 03:21

Nice upgrade

Thanks to bothsmileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: January 28, 2010 18:28

Rank Stranger
Thank you very much, Jos!

Cannot say that this is superior to the DAC version,it sounds a bit thinly,it needs more bass!

But then it probably won't be long until Mrs.Hop comes along and declares that DAC sounds like their usual remasters: "SSIYS= Stiff Socks Into Your Speakers"smiling smiley
Maybe it's all a matter of taste, more or less!

I think it all depends on how you listen. I edited this as using the audio system in my lounge, and it sounded just fine and dandy there--much better than the booming bass of the original. But on other systems it may sound a bit thin. As you say it's all a matter of taste and technology. It's one of the reasons I tend to shy away from anything that says "digitally remastered". That said, I thought this benefited from a bit of tweaking.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 1, 2010 22:13

Hi bigtyke66, I am glad to see that you did not take my comment too personally, as it sure was not meant that way!
Over the weekend I have listened to your version again and it has grown on me.
I still think it needs more bass, if only just a little bitsmiling smiley

The whole thing makes me wonder, because I always felt my stereo emphasizes the bass frequencies already!

Anyway, I am still looking forward to your Altamont remaster WITH the chris.m tracks!??

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: February 2, 2010 06:56

I never take comments like these personnally. smileys with beer I've been involved with too many acrimonious online debates about the qulaity of so-called 'remasters'. These discussions end up going nowhere because it all depends on what equipment you use to edit and then listen. If you use crappy equipment/software to edit and playback then it's going to sound like crap. Similarly if use a mp3 player or similar to listen to a really professional edit then how can you tell? All I did was to smarten up the sound a little and then speed/pitch correct, which I hope everybody can appreciate.

I'm trying to finish off the Altamont recording and then I'll circulate the results. But these blends are tricky and take time.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: February 5, 2010 04:50

thanks for taking the time to do this

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home