Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick Taylor, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keyes - Charcoals 1992 -- FLAC
Posted by: rolledgold ()
Date: October 26, 2009 22:44

Mick Taylor, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keyes
Charcoals, Kendall, FL
April 29, 1992

All comments are from uploader "pgl" (many thanks to him):

Excellent audience recording of a great show

Lineage: WM-D3 Cassette Rec > Cool Edit wav > Adobe Audition1.5 for tracking out > Flac frontend > Flac (from the original audio tape)

Overall, an excellent audience recording of a great show... Yeah, there are minor problems - The recording level rises during track 1, and there is definitely crowd noise. HOWEVER...the record level is extremely high with NO clipping - perfect! And the music drowns out the crowd except when it gets soft. I truly believe both situations to be negligible in light of the show itself. Speaking of which:
Of the 3 Florida shows from this line-up - all good - this show was head and shoulders above the rest IMO, based on being at all of them and recording all of them. Besides things like bass solos, which I can live without, the tracks are excellent throughout - all strong versions!
"Soul Serenade" from this show is one of my all-time favorite cuts from Mick's solo career, yet this is Bobby's moment of the show! Sure, MT is indeed GREAT during this, and creates one of MY favorite blues solos, BUT Bobby is absolutely SOARING here. I can't overstate this. In it's entirety, this is the BEST bobby Keys I've ever heard bar none. Believe me, I went to hear the guitar player, not the sax!
I chose this as my first seed because of the names involved, the sound quality, show strength, and the belief that there is no other recording source for this show. I pray that I'm right.
I further pray that my first seeding attempt actually works for goodness sakes. If not, then what's a little embarrassment in front of THOUSANDS of peers?
If this attempt flubs, then I'll keep trying until it works - I gotta get my share ratio out of the basement.
I'd like to hear comments from anybody that gets this.
Peace - pgl
----------------

1. Hideaway
2. Mercy Mercy
3. You Got to Move
4. Nicky Instrumental (A Nicky Hopkins Track from his album "The Tin Man Was a Dreamer" 6:09 - I don't feel like playing the 8-track to find the exact title, but it's from that album... Both Bobby Keys and Nico's site are incorrect about the title - I am not.)
5. Soul Seranade
6. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
7. I Wonder Why

Download here in FLAC: [www.megaupload.com]

Artwork is included

My other uploads: [www.iorr.org]

Don't Stop
rolledgold

Re: POST: Mick Taylor, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keyes - Charcoals 1992 -- FLAC
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: October 26, 2009 23:08

Many thanks for this!

I downloaded this from pgl33433's post some time ago, but for some reason my hard drive ate track 7.

So the Nicky Hopkins instrumental is not "Edward"? [www.amazon.com]

Oh, and thanks again pgl . . .

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:54

Thanks!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:36

Thank you very much drinking smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 22:08

A fine upgrade from my 192mp3, so Thanks

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: October 28, 2009 00:02

thank you! great as allways!!

kindly Bo smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 28, 2009 16:37

thank you so much for sharing! Great gig, fun to listen to and imo one of the best Can`t You Hear Me Knocking- instrumental so far. The Hopkins number seems to be EDWARD (track 3 of his Tin Man-Album).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home