Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 205
Re: Video: Jon Bon Jovi Tells A Funny Story About Mick Jagger
Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 1, 2014 21:36

Kinda frightening to see JBJokey in the same sentence as Mick Jagger

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 1, 2014 22:50

Oh yeah...well here's a funny story about JBJ...an 'epic fail' on Italian TV:

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 1, 2014 23:00

At least he didn't get The Buffalo Bills.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 1, 2014 23:50

It's a Spanish TV

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 2, 2014 00:32

capsula
It's a Spanish TV

tomato, tomahto

Re: "YouTube" Post a NEW or FAVORITE video(s)
Posted by: LadyJane12 ()
Date: October 2, 2014 20:10

Actually it's one of the finest songs ever written in the 60s

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: October 3, 2014 00:53

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: October 3, 2014 02:29

Via You Tube: The Best Guitar Solo Ever
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: October 3, 2014 04:53

[www.youtube.com]

The individual who presented this You Tube video proclaimed that this was the best guitar solo ever made, by Keith Richard. Keith and Mick Taylor do a great job on Sympathy for the Devil, on the CD, Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. But is it the very best ever? I doubt it, and I am sure everyone has their favorite.

I thought it would be fun if we posted You Tube videos of our favorite guitar solo, either by the Stones or some other older or contemporary musician.

Re: Via You Tube: The Best Guitar Solo Ever
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 3, 2014 05:23

I love the solo Jimi Hendrix does at Woodstock, the one that precedes Villanova Junction on the record. And Villanova Junction could be considered a top ten solo in itself.

Besides that, the entire Hendrix song Pali Gap from the Rainbow Bridge record is about the best guitar solo I've ever heard.

Basically anytime Jimi played an instrumental it was close to the best guitar solo ever played. cool smiley peace

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 3, 2014 05:25

I know almost every aspect of this solo is flawed... but it's my favorite solo ever, by anyone, in any medium. Go figure.

I guess it's just got personality.

(Start at 7:40 if it doesn't cue up there automatically)

RONNIE.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2014 05:35

Naturalust
I love the solo Jimi Hendrix does at Woodstock, the one that precedes Villanova Junction on the record. And Villanova Junction could be considered a top ten solo in itself.

Besides that, the entire Hendrix song Pali Gap from the Rainbow Bridge record is about the best guitar solo I've ever heard.

Basically anytime Jimi played an instrumental it was close to the best guitar solo ever played. cool smiley peace

Agree with Pali Gap.
Ever since I was a 10 years old when my older brother played the Rainbow Bridge album for me, I've been amazed with this tune.
40 something years later, still one of my all-time favorites.

Also, Machine Gun live from Band of Gypsies...still blown away when hearing that.

Many other Hendrix tunes I could list...easily the best guitar player ever in Rock and Roll.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 3, 2014 05:46

Hairball
Naturalust

Agree with Pali Gap.
Ever since I was a 10 years old when my older brother played the Rainbow Bridge album for me, I've been amazed with this tune.

Also, Machine Gun live from Band of Gypsies...still blown away when hearing that.

Many other Hendrix tunes I could list...easily the best guitar player ever in Rock and Roll.

Yeah I hear something new and amazing every time I hear Pali Gap and I've played it hundreds of times. I was actually in Maui when Hendrix played there! I was just a toddler and a few miles away but I'm guessing the vibes from that performance permeated the entire island......peace

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 3, 2014 05:54

According to ChrisM's informative article on the Ya-Ya's album the Ya-Ya's performance of SFTD is from the 1st NYC show on the 28th. I have mentioned previously that with one exception the first known Taylor solo on the song was at Detroit on the 24th. It is very possible that the wonderful Ya-Ya's performance was only the 5th time the band played the song with that arrangement. That arrangement evolved in only 4 days. Incredible, really.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2014 06:00

Naturalust
Hairball
Naturalust

Agree with Pali Gap.

Yeah I hear something new and amazing every time I hear Pali Gap and I've played it hundreds of times. I was actually in Maui when Hendrix played there! I was just a toddler and a few miles away but I'm guessing the vibes from that performance permeated the entire island......peace

Awesome...I love Maui! thumbs up

Thankfully they are re-releasing Rainbow Bridge (and Cry of Love) on vinyl and cd.
Received my Cry of Love vinyl copy which is a nice upgrade from my several old scratchy vinyl copies, as well as a cd that's seen better days.
Still waiting on my Rainbow Bridge vinyl which I believe has been slightly delayed, but will always keep my original vinyls as they hold many fond memories.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 3, 2014 08:41

It comes from outstanding Zappa...

2 1 2 0

Date: October 3, 2014 18:37

Date: October 8, 2014 01:50

Re: Keith's new guitar
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 9, 2014 00:06

NICOS
NICOS
En heeft hij hem aangeboden aan Keith?

And did he gad the chance to handover the guitar?

Yes !

Look here,from Dutch tv, with English subtitles

[youtu.be]

Date: October 9, 2014 00:08

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 9, 2014 01:50

Lien
NICOS
NICOS

Yes !

[youtu.be]

Thanks Lien ...great story..............I didn't need the English subtitles though...grinning smiley

Date: October 9, 2014 12:44

NICOS
Lien
NICOS
NICOS

Yes !

[youtu.be]

Thanks Lien ...great story..............I didn't need the English subtitles though...grinning smiley

ik vond je Nederlands al zo goed !winking smiley

Yes, he get the chance to give it to him and to shake hands.

Keith played on it @ Doom and Gloom, TW Classic Werchter

[www.youtube.com]

OT: Willie Nelson & Leon Russell 1979 - entire 2 hour show on youtube
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 9, 2014 10:12

I've been thinking about Leon Russell lately for some reason. I've always liked his playing and
mush-mouthed voice, but know very little about him. Turns out he will be here in the Bay Area in
2 weeks -- small venues, all sold out, except one that I might hit up.

Anyway -- I went to youtube, checking out some stuff, and this popped up - listening now - really
digging it. I guess it would be outlaw rock? Tho there's a sort of what we might call now a
jam-bandy feel to it I don't usually like, but since it's Willie Nelson and Leon Russell, and
it's so damned good, it doesn't bother me. Excellent Leon taking the lead at the 1 hour mark with
"Come In My Kitchen."

This is what one review says about it:

"This would have to be THE Holy Grail of Willie Nelson bootlegs. The original bootlegger got the show directly from the FM broadcast, as there are a couple of minor DJ announcements scattered throughout, but the reception must have been perfect. The sound quality here is crystal clear - clear enough that it's possible to make out what many of the audience members were shouting at the stage. And boy oh boy is Willie in fine form for this one. High energy, rocking versions of most of his signature tunes- check out that setlist! The highlight here is the seldom played Time of the Preacher suite from Red Headed Stranger. It's here that the crowd intensity revvs up. So well done too. And even Leon Russell gets his chance to shine and play a couple tunes as the lead. All in all this ranks among the ten best bootleg shows in my entire, extensive bootleg collection. It's exactly the recording I would play for someone who claims that they don't like Willie Nelson, and exactly the recording I would play to highlight the fact that country music in the 1970's was so much better than the plasti-pop country of today." source

Here's a video of Leon Russell singing one of the encore songs.

Anyone like?

-swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-09 10:19 by swiss.

Leon Russell tearing up Jumpin Jack Flash
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 9, 2014 10:56

Hadn't see this Concert for Bangladesh rehearsal clip before -- funkaay!

The camera pans past:
Eric Clapton
Leon Russell (almost hidden at bottom)
George Harrison
Don Preston
Jesse Ed Davis
Carl Radle
Marlin Greene
Jeanie Greene
Billy Preston
Claudia Lennear
Delores Hall
Jo Green

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-09 10:58 by swiss.

Re: Leon Russell tearing up Jumpin Jack Flash
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 9, 2014 16:21

And he still does a great rendition, saw him a couple years ago, I believe he opened up with it. Also did a version of Paint It Black. Obviously a big Stones fan!

Re: Leon Russell tearing up Jumpin Jack Flash
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 11, 2014 05:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-11 05:32 by Koen.

Date: October 11, 2014 17:12

OT : RedRacer, 'Put It Out' with Jesse Wood
Date: October 11, 2014 16:03

RedRacer is John Hogg, Sean Genockey and Jesse Wood. This trio melds the edgy London sound with the eerie desert vibe. Album: Fall '14, Dissention Records.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 13, 2014 03:57

Most likely posted before but I like it:

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2014 16:27

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...116117118119120121122123124125126...LastNext
Current Page: 121 of 205

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home