Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O T David byrne
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 16:34

I realise he has just started touring in the USA & Canada, but has anybody seen him in concert yet?

If so, any good, according to his website, he is doing some old tracks and recieving good reviews.

On in birmingham <uk> 29th march, get my tickets tomorrow.

Re: O T David byrne
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 27, 2008 18:44

I don't get David Byrne...I was a big Talking Heads Fan...and when the group finally got to the status of being able to sell out places like Madison Square Garden...he pulls the rug out from under the whole thing and shit cans the band...

PECMAN

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 27, 2008 20:27

He's a freak. An absolute freak.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 27, 2008 20:39

Great great man. Put new pace into a dead rock art in mid-80s.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:51

Story has it that when he was was in Melbourne a few years
back he got around on a bicycle and always carried his own thermos...Man that's bad-arse rock&roll stuff...!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2008 23:15

Day with burn... [edit]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-27 23:34 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 27, 2008 23:24

Howdy Erik...
Steve Lillywhite produced the Heads - Naked there's a lil Stones connection

ROCKMAN

Date: October 27, 2008 23:27

And And....Keith's Wino mate Bernie Worrell was in one of them Heads line-ups...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2008 23:30

Howdy ho Rockman, thanks for saving my terrible joke with a few Stones connections. You have a good overview of them connections I gotta say, again

Date: October 27, 2008 23:34

Well I was gonna say Stop Making Sense but I thought I might insult ya...!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: October 28, 2008 00:03

I saw David Byrne at the Chicago Civic Opera House last night. The whole theatre was on their feet and really having a blast. It didn't matter that I knew only half the songs, they were great anyway. In fact the place was so rowdy that they came back and did 3 encores. I couldn't convince anybody to go with me, so I went by myself and glad I did. The dancers were NOT needed, but you don't have to watch them.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: October 28, 2008 03:47

We would love to see him but we are about tapped out on going and doing stuff! Having fun is just too damned expensive these days! We debated it quite a bit! Both my wife and I are both big fans of his solo and Talking Heads stuff!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 28, 2008 05:46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-28 05:47 by Lukester.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 28, 2008 05:56

I didn't catch him.But he did recently pass through town to good reviews. I didn't catch him. But isn't he touring with Brian Eno?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 28, 2008 12:41

Thanks for the reply's

Thanks stoned alive, going to get my tickets today for the end of march, i heard he does ' crosseyed & painless' did he do it at chicago?

that would be agreat start to the new year for me, if thats included.

Date: October 28, 2008 13:01

I saw talking heads in the eighties, at a small club in birmingham. My mate persuaded me to go, and so at the time, dident really appre3ciate what i was watching.

Been to a few d.byrne solo tours, which have been okay. It was a great sadness the way they just stopped

Date: March 25, 2009 16:53

Going to see D.Byrne this sunday, i believe he is in bristol on friday.

Just intrested to know if anybody has seen him recently or have knowledge of his songs for his recent concert/tour.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: March 25, 2009 17:35

I was surprised to learn that he lived in Hamilton, Ontario for awhile when he was a kid.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 25, 2009 17:44

David Byrne is a genius. I've seen him twice on previous solo tours, and both times it was fantastic. Talking Heads were great as a band, but David Byrne is the real artist behind it all, and since they disbanded, he has written and performed some absolutely incredible stuff. One of my all time favorite artists. A few years ago when he played in Portland, Maine, he rode his bicycle right in front of me, down State Street. How cool is that!

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: March 25, 2009 17:46

A very, very strange genius though. The other members of the Heads read about the band breaking up in the newspaper. Not too cool if you ask me.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: March 25, 2009 18:41

On April 24th, Palau de la Musica in Barcelona.
I saw him in REI MOMO tour, fantastic, I enjoyed very much that night, let see now with the new material of his new album with Brain Eno

Posted by: McCartney ()
Date: March 25, 2009 19:02

I caught him @ 'The Borgota' in Atlantic City on Nov 1st. Like many responses here, I didn't know all the music going in but I enjoyed every note he played. This was only the 3rd time I've seen him since the Heads but each show has been fantastic. Don't miss it.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 25, 2009 19:04

Rockman
Howdy Erik...
Steve Lillywhite produced the Heads - Naked there's a lil Stones connection

Here's another:
David Byrne _of the Talking Heads_ - Sympathy For the Devil.mp3 - 5.46MB

You can listen and/or download.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 26, 2009 02:25

David Byrne doing Sympathy!! Loved it! Thanks, Deltics!!

Date: March 26, 2009 11:17

Thanks for all the comments.

A big thanks for the 'sympathy' never knew he did that.

So much looking forward to sunday and just wondering if anybody knoe of any fan web sites that would give me an idea what the play list i could expect on sunday.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 26, 2009 12:57

There is a setlist from last September here:

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

The current tour features songs that he recorded with Brian Eno both solo and with Talking Heads.

[www.davidbyrne.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: March 26, 2009 13:22

Deltics
There is a setlist from last September here:

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

The current tour features songs that he recorded with Brian Eno both solo and with Talking Heads.

[www.davidbyrne.com]

Cheers Deltics.

If i get to hear life during wartime & cross eyed and a few of the others mentioned i will be in heaven <escuse the pun> hot smiley

Date: March 30, 2009 12:50

Just a quick update.

Really enjoyed the concert and had a fantastic night.

Great to hear cross eyed & painless, life during wartime, take me to the river, burning down the house, heaven and once in a life time, not really one of my favourites but came across really well.

An excellent version of take me to the river and some of his new numbers sounded good.

The one minor point being the stuffy stewarts/security at the symphony hall who tried to stop people dancing, christ what is it coming to, if you cant go to a concert to enjoy your self.

I even arranged to meet a guy from the talking heads fan web site who had a copy cd of the birmingham concert i attended in may 1977, in which i will have a listen to later on today.hot smiley

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 31, 2009 06:35

Do you think that on some level it annoys David Byrne that the most popular song to come out of the Talking Heads was not even his?

I'm speaking of the song "Genius of Love" by Chris and Tina's side project, the Tom-Tom Club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-31 16:42 by loog droog.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:38

>Do you think that on some level it annoys David Byrne that the most popular song to come out of the Talking Heads was not even his?

>I'm speaking of the song "Message of Love" by Chris and Tina's side project, the Tom-Tom Club.

"Burning Down The House" was more popular that "Message Of Love" (in the US at least). The former hit the Top 10 while the latter peaked at 31 on the Billboard Top 100 chart (according to wikipedia).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home