Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gothenburg in 2007
Posted by: kinoliksmith ()
Date: October 7, 2008 14:41

How was the Gothenburg;s show ? Will my money goto water if I buy the CD which is avaliable in the music stores?

Re: Gothenburg in 2007
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 7, 2008 14:43

According to Keith it was a good show...

Date: October 7, 2008 14:45

according to yours

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 7, 2008 15:03

I wasn´t there. Friends to me who were there thought it was an erratic gig. Some of it great and some very bad. According to them Keith didn´t function on all cylinders. My comment alluded to the letter Keith wrote to a Swedish newspaper after the show.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 7, 2008 18:02

It depends a lot on how the sound was at the spot where you were in the stadium. As for myself I was quite close to the main stage on Keith's side and the sound was perfect.
Keith had a few bad moments as I recall with some rusty playing, but overall I think it was a great show with an amazing version of Midnight Rambler. I'd purchase the CD if I were you.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 7, 2008 18:21

Date: September 12, 2008 11:08
I now prefer hard Rock. Well STONES are history to me after Keith;s debacle performace in 2007.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 14, 2008 11:03
Both were almost parallel in the 60's 70's and even a bit in 80's.But now who will u say better Keith or Townshend.I would go for latter
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 19, 2008 14:28
We know that Keith has lost his touch in playing which he prooved it last year. But do you feel his vocals have gone better as his playing detoriates.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 10, 2008 11:11
Mine is Keith Richards because he is now a handicap man with arthritis and brain damage and many more damages.At first it was Mick.
Date: June 23, 2008 13:33
To be honest THE ROLLING STONES shouldn't tour anymore because Keith looks soooo sick at Leah's Wedding

Do you really care about that recording ? smoking smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 7, 2008 18:25

Rolling Hansie, thanks, it made my day ;-) Wwwonderful!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 7, 2008 18:36

You're welcome Amused. I am amused that I amused someone named Amused smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: October 7, 2008 18:45

First of all I got a little question:
is there a CD of the show??? Were can I find it?

Then, the show was great!! You see, the music-reviewers we have here in our little country cald Sweden are stupid and brain death all of them. For example they all are in love with a swedish clown cald Håkan Hellström who can´t sing, writing songs or anything so please, don´t trust them =)

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: October 7, 2008 21:04

Yeah, I'd like to have that CD, too. Had no money to buy any bootlegs after the last tour.

But, really, I loved that show in Gothenburg. When we sat in the train to Copenhavn the next day and saw the bad reviews in the papers, we first thought they were telling about the show in Helsinki. We didn't understand what they were writing about, because groove, atmosphere and everything else were so great in Sweden.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 7, 2008 21:18

It was a marvellous night!

Good show, a couple of hang ups from Keith.
One moment that still is on my mind, was when Mick,
between two songs asked if there were anyone from Halmstad (my hometown)
and we tried to make us heard through the crowd.

Good night and a good show!

CD probably is worth the money!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: October 8, 2008 00:36

I agree with all of them here who were at the show. I was there, too and the show was excellent, full of energy, great crowd, too.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 8, 2008 02:44

<<As for myself I was quite close to the main stage on Keith's side and the sound was perfect.>>

I was also on Keith's side. Fourth row or so. A few feet from the b-stage rail. Great sound for most of the gig. The sound was way too low for the b-stage part.

I thought the first half of the show was very good. Let it Bleed, Midnight Rambler and You Got the Silver were the highlights for me.

I thought the second half was pretty boring actually, with a great version of JJF as an exception.

<<Keith had a few bad moments>>

Mick made a couple of mistakes too; he forgot a verse in TD and came in late for the third verse in JJF.

<<is there a CD of the show???>>

No, I don't think so.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 8, 2008 10:26

Sohoe
<<is there a CD of the show???>>
No, I don't think so.

Me neither. If Kinoliksmith contrary to expectation have seen an CD he/she contrary to expectation will buy, it would be nice if he/she post some information about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home