Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: To Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie: Marilou's Love You Live
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 2, 2008 12:58

On what basis to you say that Mick doesn't care?
He already tried to fix things, but Cohl put his foot down and sided with Rupert.
You haven't read the story in this thread, have you?!
I suggest you go to the top of the thread and start reading.
The story's been confirmed by others here, so your "PS: A story has two sides" seems a little unnecessary.
angry smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 3, 2008 01:23

Rufestone, really you need to be informed before you spew. Take ADDICTED'S suggestion and read the entire thread and hopefully you will see what's been going on. To just say, " Mick doesn't care" is foolish and certainly not the truth. Whether or not he can undo this mess remains to be seen. Whenever lawyers are involved, it gets so sticky that sometimes there is no way out. I am still optimistic, however. There are so many truly caring, good people that care a lot about Marilou and her plight. We only need one person who steps up to the plate with the financial resources to pull Marilou out of the fire.

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: October 3, 2008 12:01

The Stones Don't F..c , Care .. who's the Boss ?. Rupert, Micheal Cohl ? ..

Date: October 3, 2008 13:19

Rufestone
The Stones Don't F..c , Care .. who's the Boss ?. Rupert, Micheal Cohl ? ..

Ah... How, based on what, can you say the Stones don't care??? This case has proven that they actually do. Mick and Charlie stood up for Marilou. (Keith and Ronnie didn't know about the breach of contract back then. Now they know.)

Again, you reveal that you have not read this thread.
And you're not aware that Rupert's not working for the Stones any longer??? How can you NOT have noticed that. There was a lot of media coverage, and it was an issue here on iorr.org.
If you could read this thread, it would save us some time.
All right?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 4, 2008 05:18

Mick, Keith and Charlie now know what has happened. And fortunately, the news reached them before the "London Summit".

Mick and Charlie stood up for Marilou. (Keith and Ronnie didn't know about the breach of contract back then. Now they know.)

Addicted, how do u know this? (at the risk of someone going into a frenzy saying i have not read the whole thread and btw, everyone needs to relax about that -- so someone asks a question that they "should" have known, so what?, happens all the time)

p

Date: October 4, 2008 05:26

Does she have any other possible venues other than state court in PA?

Marilou, I hope u are able to keep on with your case and persevere to a good end, but I can understand that u must do whatever u feel u need to do. Hang in there!

Illegitimis nil carborundum

(some say the phrase is: Noli nothis permittere te terere)

Translation:

Don't let the bastards grind you down
(or, get you down)

p

Date: October 4, 2008 12:27

to timbernardis.
I have personally sent faxes, letters and mails, and have received confirmations.
I can't go into more details than that on-line, but you know Marilou, too - I think. Perhaps if you ask her carefully how we know, she'll tell you the facts. I can't, I'm sorry.

Date: October 4, 2008 16:49

yes, she has now clarified this a bit

p

Date: October 5, 2008 14:57

It's ridiculous for her to sue the Stones Organization because it is a large company and it will be nearly impossible for her to win.

Date: October 5, 2008 22:28

Rufestone
It's ridiculous for her to sue the Stones Organization because it is a large company and it will be nearly impossible for her to win.

Hey Sunnybandyokid! There you are again.
Please read the very first post in this thread. That's all.
If you don't get it then... I don't know how we can help you. Sorry.

Date: October 6, 2008 13:05

But it's still Stuped .

Date: October 6, 2008 14:19

I guess we have a different understanding of the court system, then.
I don't find her law suit stupid at all.
Breach of contract is breach of contract - no matter who you're up against, Sunny.

Date: October 7, 2008 00:24

Here Comes the Judge / So this Judge from Pennsyilvania F,''c Ms Lou ..

Sad Day. You Can't Always get what you Want?. Sad,Sad,Sad'Story . tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 7, 2008 01:40

Hey ADDICTED, I say that we just ignore this very ignorant person and move on because everyone else GETS IT and is more than a little compassionate towards Marilou's situation. You know, this site attracts odd people every once in awhile, we can't help that but your kindness and patience is wasted, I'm afraid on an alien. There are just some people who are inclined to take the opposite side of everything and apparently they are so simple that they have no comprehension of how BAD they sound!! We know that Marilou does not need this person in her life, he is a non-entity. Peace to all, Marilou is doing quite well, by the way. Her inner stength is amazing. She has right on her side!! Look how long it took KARMA to catch OJ Simpson?? In the end, justice prevailed.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 7, 2008 02:52

Rufe, just buzz off on this one. Okay. You are becoming tedious.

Date: October 7, 2008 05:29

It takes all types, as my neighbor used to say, or more kindly, we have room for almost anything under the sun. We are generous and understanding.

I remember for quite a while when I was first on the boards, bv would get after me by private e mail or post when it was needed and I was not happy, but eventually I learned. Not that he was right about everything by any means, but he was definitely right in calling some things to my attention.

Give the person some slack to live and learn. If u don't agree, u can just let their comment go, you know. I don't know how many posts of mine are never responded to, but that's the way it goes.

Peace,

Plexi

PS And the Power of the Plexiglass to Marilou!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 7, 2008 05:43

Yeah but the problem is Rufestone/sunnbandyo has had many different names and continues to be a complete whack job. Yet he doesn't get banned. AMAZING.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 7, 2008 06:52

If you had Marilou's problem, Tim, I think you'd probably welcome some understanding and support from others. So, please, no more platitudes for at least a week.

Date: October 7, 2008 07:45

I wasnt speaking of Marilou at all but this impatience with Rufestone.

I do understand something of her situation thru various threads and through e mail correspondence with her.

p

Posted by: stoner63 ()
Date: October 8, 2008 21:55

All I can say is SHAME on Cohl & Rupert!!!!How much trouble would it have been had they stuck to their word in the 1st place and carried the book for the tour!Its a great book,that imo,every Stones fan should have,I bought a copy the 1st time I saw it.I said this to a table of 3 lovely ladies I saw in Chi.on the Licks tour when I saw the book on their table.I said "This is such a great book,I think its a must have for ant Stones fan"then one of the ladies at the table said "Well meet the author" and there was Marilou.She was as sweet and gracious as everyone here has described her and I was quite disappointed that I didn't have my copy there for her to sign it.We've remained friends ever since & sure enough,ON my birthday,in the mail was an autographed copy of Love You Live.If theres a kinder,more generous Stones fan out there,I just haven't met that person yet.I hope the right thing gets done here,NO Stones fan that puts out such a great book for the love of the band should be in this kind of debt,and,especially during these times,loan on her home.Best of luck to you Marilou,I hope the band will step up & do the right thing,where Rupert & Cohl did not.....they sure the hell got their paychecks!!

Date: October 9, 2008 00:37

Stoner63,
Thank you! Your post is really lovely.
And by the way, Marilou is very touched by the many mails she has received from iorr-folks.
Let's just hope there is a way out of this, and that justice will prevail.
Karma - yes, Mickschix, is something... But it sure took it's time in the OJ Simpson case. I hope we have "speedy karma" working for MArilou.
And yes, I shall ignore the mentioned poster from now on. It's a promise.

Date: October 9, 2008 06:46

yes, and I can definitely tell u that our posts of support give her a boost, even at a time when by all rights she should feel the opposite.

p

Date: October 9, 2008 17:31

timbernardis,
You're right. It really means a lot to her.

Date: October 25, 2008 00:02

What's Up?,With The Story ,is there any News ? .. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

is this still in court ? ..

Date: October 25, 2008 13:22

mickschix
Hey ADDICTED, I say that we just ignore this very ignorant person and move on because everyone else GETS IT and is more than a little compassionate towards Marilou's situation. You know, this site attracts odd people every once in awhile, we can't help that but your kindness and patience is wasted, I'm afraid on an alien. There are just some people who are inclined to take the opposite side of everything and apparently they are so simple that they have no comprehension of how BAD they sound!! We know that Marilou does not need this person in her life, he is a non-entity. Peace to all, Marilou is doing quite well, by the way. Her inner stength is amazing. She has right on her side!! Look how long it took KARMA to catch OJ Simpson?? In the end, justice prevailed.

Yes, Mickschix, that's good advice. Thanks!

Date: October 25, 2008 19:56

People want's to know, who wind's or loose ? .. thumbs down

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2008 20:07

Rufestone
Mick Don't Care ,and Don't Care about fans Also.
Only Keith Take Care of Fans.

Totally wrong. I have been following the Stones. Closer than many. When the TV cameras are out and the journalists are gone and only a fan or two are left, waiting for a signature or a handshake, they are there. Keith. Mick. Charlie. Ronnie. All four of them put the fans in front of themselves. If you don't agree on this then you have never been waiting at the gates or at the rehearsals or at a studio or at te back dor for days and weeks and years. They do care. And for sure Mick do care. He even bothered to walk back to me and hand back to me the pen I gave him to sign... after having used it to sign for many others...

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 24, 2012 19:16

Addicted
On Wednesday of last week, a judge in Pennsylvania ruled that the lawsuit Marilou Regan filed against Prince Rupert and Michael Cohl etc, had to be thrown out since "the Stones organisation doesn't do business in Pennsylvania". A technicality that could be overruled by the Supreme Court.

She now owes her attorney $ 75,000, on top of the $ 250,000 debt she incurred and the value of the contract that Cohl and Loewenstein broke. She took up a loan on her home to finance the project, when the contract was cancelled at the last minute and it was too late to turn back. She's in danger of losing her house and everything she's worked for her entire life.
And all because she's a die hard Stones fan who wanted to give you the tribute book you deserve.

You're all familiar with Marilou's project, the book "Love You Live - The Rolling Stones Fanfare from the common man". There was a signed contract between the organization and Marilou to include this fabulous book in the Licks tour Merchandice package. Prince Rupert cancelled the contract on the very night before printing started.
Marilou's sad situation has made a lot of us fans here at iorr.org upset. Those of us who have managed to get copies of the book just love it, and I know that it has even impressed and touched some of you.
Her only resourse was to file a lawsuit to force the guilty parties to right their wrongs against her. As it stands now, one of the bigest and most loyal fans of the Rolling Stones is royally and financially screwed by the band's (former?) business partners.

I personally think it's time for the Stones to address the horrible injustice against Marilou, over the loving tribute book she wrote for you. With the offending parties out of the picture now, you could make things right and honor the original contract for a revised and updated version of her book. To be carried in the official merchandicing package on the next tour.
That would be a wonderful celebration of the band's 50th aniversary - a little in advance - and your opportunity to say thank you to Marilou.

I have a strong feeling that such a deed would please quite a few of your loyal fans, of whom many have contributed with personal stories in the book.
I know that the band members are not to blame for the breach of contract that screwed her financially, and that some of you tried to make Prince Rupert change his mind about breaking the contract.

Thank you for your attention.
And if you would like to know more about how the fans feel about the book, and about how Marilou's been treated, these two links are useful.

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

And to the people who have read and loved the book - please reach out to Marilou. She really needs our support now.

How to buy Marilous book:
e-mail to: mickschix2@aol.com

It's clear that there's a lot of upset about this, was there any reason ever given as to why this prince Rupert welshed on the deal?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 24, 2012 23:58

I'd never heard about this unfortunate "event" until I bumped into another link today. Doesn't look this got resolved to the satisfaction of the author unfortunately ? Does leave a bad taste in the mouth of this fan...

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 25, 2012 00:22

gotdablouse
I'd never heard about this unfortunate "event" until I bumped into another link today. Doesn't look this got resolved to the satisfaction of the author unfortunately ? Does leave a bad taste in the mouth of this fan...

Believe the facts you can see for yourself. Not the ones repeatedly being told here by the same person(s).

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 53 on April 17, 2014 23:38
Record Number of Guests: 280 on April 16, 2014 20:20

Previous page Next page First page IORR home