Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: ANY NEW INFO ABOUT there 2009 tour
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: September 27, 2008 17:20

Gazza
oldkr
i wholeheartedly disagree with bv about recording before a tour, at this time its been half a year since mick and keith have spoken, .clearly you know different people than i do

OLDKR

have you been monitoring their phone bills?

Nah- just their fax bills winking smiley

OLDKR

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 27, 2008 19:03

The USA is truly the Stones economic home!! They charge more here for tickets than anywhere else so of course they prefer to tour here!! They CAN so they DO charge top dollar BUT I think that most U.S fans will be very resistant to paying those kinds of horrific prices this time around. I am not just speaking for myself! It is no longer possible for most of us to pay $400 for a show when our homes are being taken away and even if we try to sell, we can't! Home heating oil is $4.20 per gallon....think about it! Most homes use over 1000 gallons per winter. I've personally already lost one job, found another and now this company is going under!! How do I justify seeing the 8-10 shows I used to see at those prices?? Even if I went to 2 or 3 shows, with the travel, hotels etc, it is a big chunk of money. The Stones really should think about being realistic when setting ticket prices, and think about the FANS for once!! Give us a break, and still make a pile of money. They may have to be creative, think about playing different venues where they're new to the audience. The last tour, they played Albany, New York to a hugely enthusiatic crowd! Play more places like that, more than one night for $150 top price! I know, it's all a dream!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 27, 2008 19:06

phd
A lot of people may have already written this, but as long as U2 is to tour in 2009 ( "someone" told me that they are well ahead to book 2 or 3 Stade de France in Paris, eg 240,000 audience), it's will not happen in EU that year.

Add the possible 'thread' of the Mighty Zep and there you have it: another year without anything remotely interesting from the Glimmers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-29 19:42 by mr edward.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 27, 2008 22:49

oldkr
i wholeheartedly disagree with bv about recording before a tour, at this time its been half a year since mick and keith have spoken, ronnie appears to have lost his mind etc ...clearly you know different people than i do

OLDKR

I don't know what you are talking about. The Stones record before every tour. That's the standard. They are not in a hurry but sure they will record, sooner or later. Before the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:26

Debra, I plan on buying the winning ticket to the Tx Lottery tonight so I promise to take you to all the concerts you want! HEE HEE!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:28

T&A
let's stop the insanity and put an end to all tours. i think the president of rockn'roll should veto all tour itineraries that come before his/her desk.

be careful now, you just might get this thread deleted as u have turned it into a political thread.

p

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:29

fiftyamp
oldkr
i wholeheartedly disagree with bv about recording before a tour, at this time its been half a year since mick and keith have spoken, ronnie appears to have lost his mind etc ...clearly you know different people than i do

OLDKR

I heard 2010 too, but I also heard they're going into a studio spring 09.

maybe this is where my rumor came from! this makes more sense...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: September 27, 2008 23:43

mickschix
The USA is truly the Stones economic home!!

Well, they may pick the most fruit in the States, but their true economic hoem, aka where they make their plans of attack, is in Toronto, Canada w/ Mr. Cohl.

winking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 28, 2008 01:04

winking smileyScottkeef, you've got a date( or, maybe quite a few dates) but WIN FIRST!! I'll take you up on it!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 28, 2008 02:10

Gazza
oldkr
i wholeheartedly disagree with bv about recording before a tour, at this time its been half a year since mick and keith have spoken, .clearly you know different people than i do

OLDKR

have you been monitoring their phone bills?

touche, gazza! good one!

p

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: September 29, 2008 13:57

Why not wait to 2012? That's a big celebration for the Stones. 50 LICKS world tour sounds good to me. winking smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 29, 2008 14:02

The boys are gathering in London next week to discuss the tour.
And they have two annual meetings, so those who claim Mick and Keith haven't spoken for a year obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 29, 2008 17:55

Where did that come from ?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:12

Addicted
And they have two annual meetings, so those who claim Mick and Keith haven't spoken for a year obviously don't know what they're talking about.

well that is an exciting thought!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 29, 2008 18:59

bv
oldkr

OLDKR

I don't know what you are talking about. The Stones record before every tour. That's the standard. They are not in a hurry but sure they will record, sooner or later. Before the tour.

There was one exception, the Licks tour. They just need something to promote - How about a remastering of all of the post-ABKCO albums, and release for digital download. That, and yet another "hits" collection -- maybe The Rolling Stones - Digital Hits! or something like that -- That might be enough financial incentive to get them on the road again

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: September 29, 2008 19:34

little queenie wrote: well i've probably got the most optimistic rumor to pass on - whereas i am still hoping for fall '09, the most recent story i heard was spring '09
I don't think it will happen in spring 2009 but I'm with you hoping for late 2009. But with financial crisis, U2 and Zep touring next year I am really not sure. It's only rock'n roll? It's big business in the first place, like it or not. And don't forget: Time waits for no one.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:27

the USA IS their true home as that is where they were always most popular and where they enjoy playing the most.

Especially Mad Square Garden

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:31

aslecs
the USA IS their true home as that is where they were always most popular and where they enjoy playing the most.

hmm...no, England is their true home, and that they enjoy playing Argentina the most

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:39

this looks like a to tell the truth game - will the real true home please stand up now?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 29, 2008 20:42

aslecs

Errrr - no, that doesn't make it their true home. And what is meant by "most popular"? Is it a proven statistic based on number of fans per X number of inhabitants - or what?

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: September 29, 2008 21:12

FACT

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 29, 2008 23:29

drbryant
There was one exception, the Licks tour. They just need something to promote - How about a remastering of all of the post-ABKCO albums, and release for digital download. That, and yet another "hits" collection -- maybe The Rolling Stones - Digital Hits! or something like that -- That might be enough financial incentive to get them on the road again

They did actually record for LICKS as well. Like I said, they record in front of every tour. There are 4 new tracks on Forty Licks. Not a lot, but they still went into studio to record. For the ABB tour we all know they had a much more easy working situation. Keith said he did not argue with Mick anymore about right and wrong and how to mix. They just did it. That's the new standard. They "grew up" with A Bigger Bang. Recording the next album will be a lot more easier than Bridges or Licks or any others before that, I am sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: September 29, 2008 23:32

bv
drbryant
...For the ABB tour we all know they had a much more easy working situation. Keith said he did not argue with Mick anymore about right and wrong and how to mix. They just did it. That's the new standard. They "grew up" with A Bigger Bang. Recording the next album will be a lot more easier than Bridges or Licks or any others before that, I am sure.

So, growing up means mailing it in (for Keith, in your view)?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 30, 2008 02:15

didnt keith once say, you can keep the money pal, do you think he meant that, NOT

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:00

Hey, to solve America's financial woes, the Rolling Stones can tour U.S. a lot. The dollar is so low, it is cheap for everyone else to come travel to U.S.. Plus, all the money on hotels, restaurants and especially bars will help.

Seems like a win, win proposal for everyone. So, let's get the tour going. I am sure Mick and the boys are just thinking of all of the waitresses in need.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:09

>Like I said, they record in front of every tour.

1999? 1975? 1970?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:14

>Add the possible 'thread' of the Mighty Zep

I think Plant has snipped that "thread".

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:16

bv

Recording the next album will be a lot more easier than Bridges or Licks or any others before that, I am sure.

It they make it easier than recording 40 Licks then the next album will contain a maximum of 3 songs.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 30, 2008 12:19

1999? 1975? 1970?

1999 was still the Bridges tour...

1975 - they had already started recording tracks for Black And Blue...

1970 - They were still touring Let It Bleed...

Licks - the recorded 24 songs and used 4 of them for Licks...

So...what is the question? There isn't one.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: September 30, 2008 15:07

Addicted

Great news...keep us posted!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home