Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Tim Ries
Posted by: albop ()
Date: September 13, 2008 08:26

Hi,

You can order the new Tim Ries here :

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Re: New Tim Ries
Date: September 13, 2008 18:05

The tracklisting :

1. BABY BREAK IT DOWN
2. UNDER MY THUMB
3. HEY NEGRITA
4. NO EXPECTATIONS
5. MISS YOU
6. FOOL TO CRY
7. YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
8. BROWN SUGAR
9. SALT OF THE EARTH
10. JUMPIN'JACK FLASH
11. ANGIE
12. FUNKY NUMBER,A
13. LADY JANE
14. FUNKY NUMBER(FULL VERSION)(BONUS TRACK),A
15. BABY BREAK IT DOWN(ALTERNATIVE VERSION)(BONUS TRACK)

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: September 13, 2008 19:01

artwork:

this album includes 72 musicians, ( all four Stones!) . Sung in nine languages, recorded in various places all over the world.
it sounds fantastic!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-13 19:04 by the juf.

Date: September 13, 2008 19:33

???The Stones are opportunists because they played blues standards ?

Have you ever heard live Tim Ries and his band ? Tim is a great musician and a jazzman confirmed and recognized.

I don't think, for having met, he is a narcissistic opportunist. This man is courteous and kind.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 14, 2008 22:26

i think what albop is saying is that tim ries is not an egotistical person. he's grounded, spiritual, and creative - and looking for ways to do fresh new things while on tour (maybe he's sick of the same setlists on tour too - at least one of the backup singers has expressed this)! many of us like what he does, so he does more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 22:27 by little queenie.

Date: September 14, 2008 23:03

Thank you little queenie, I'm French and it is not easy for me to express my thoughts in English. You do better than me !

Date: September 15, 2008 11:23

US release 21 October.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 15, 2008 13:10

Not sure how this can be "opportunist"... I know for a fact that to get this produced Tim had to fund most of it himself. Few record companies will put money up in advance, so all the studio and production time/costs, and some of the minor artists, need paying. And its not a trivial sum.

Having heard two of these tracks being played live in London last year, I am full of expectation for an excellent CD.

I am not trying to be sentimental: Tim is a professional musician in all senses. That is, he is a very good (excellent I would say) musician. But he also needs to earn a living and has a family. He happens to be a very nice man as well!

Of course much of the same applies to other "support" musicians who sometimes get criticism on this forum. I think its OK to criticise their musical skill (after all they are being paid to play) but for taking the opportunity to play with the Stones and earn some money .... well who of us wouldn't!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 15, 2008 14:35

I think Tim sees it as an opportunity to introduce 'rock' people to jazz and a musical experiment, not as a cynical money making exercise. Met him a few times, Tims' a very nice guy and very humble (as is Michael Davis).

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 15, 2008 15:36

I had the opportunity to briefly chat with him in Lisboa, June 2008 after an excelent show of his Rolling Stone´s Project where he presented a terrific version of Brouwn Sugar that mixed: rythm and blues, jazz and fado...

he is indeed very nice and a humble guy.

The CD will surely be great!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 16, 2008 17:40

Tim Ries is a good musician. He is a very friendly guy and his new album will be great. He needs sell albums. So, is important for Tim works with the Stones in this project.

Posted by: Elastic ()
Date: September 22, 2008 04:49

ok, i'm sure the CD will be REALLY GREAT!! Just as great as a classic Stones record! glad that we have this Stones board to talk about sidemen.....

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 22, 2008 05:15

Does anyone go to the show?

On October 29, Tim Ries and the Rolling Stones Project II will celebrate the release of their new CD Stones World:
The Rolling Stones Project II by performing two shows at the legendary Jazz Standard in New York City.
These shows will benefit the Maysles Institute.
Tim has a great collection of players for these special shows, including Bernard Fowler and Darryl Jones.
You never know who might drop by…

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:08

Yes! Myself and those two reprobates by the names of Paulywaul and Kahoosier all have our tickets for both sets on that night. He's also playing there on 28 and 30 October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-22 10:15 by Beast.

Date: September 22, 2008 11:28

oh my gosh - i would be right there with you guys but my 84 year-old mom will be undergoing hip replacement surgery at that time...wish us luck...are y'all flying out just for the shows?

a two-year anniversary celebration of the beacon shows!? cindy c better join you too.

Date: September 22, 2008 12:11

That's too bad, LQ. And no, not flying in specially - we were already going to be there, so it's a very happy coincidence!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 22, 2008 12:12

Beast
Yes! Myself and those two reprobates by the names of Paulywaul and Kahoosier all have our tickets for both sets on that night. He's also playing there on 28 and 30 October.

That silly beast ... she does get her words muddled up. Simply replace "reprobates" with "fine upstanding pillars of society" and voila ... you have us described to a tee.

Date: September 22, 2008 12:19

Beast
That's too bad, LQ. And no, not flying in specially - we were already going to be there, so it's a very happy coincidence!

LQ, wish you & your ma good luck with her hip op. As the glammest of beasts rightly says, we're all around anyway, it's all part of a cunning plan to jump up and down and do a bit of serious windmilling somewhere perilously close to front of stage in the Borgata Atlantic City a couple of days later ... Halloween. (as if you couldn't guess ... the Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!)

See these great bands while you can, that's what we reck !!

Date: September 24, 2008 08:00

can't get enough of atlantic city, huh? i just can't believe it's been 2 years...

does the who ever tour the UK these days?

Date: September 24, 2008 15:27

little queenie
can't get enough of atlantic city, huh? i just can't believe it's been 2 years...

does the who ever tour the UK these days?

Yep, amazing. TWO bloody years. Yes, the Who still play the UK regularly, both Beast and I saw them at the Albert Hall not that long ago (might have been 2006 now I think about it), and I also saw an amazing acoustic set involving ONLY Daltrey and Townshend at the Albert Hall this year, they were the headline act of a weeks worth of shows to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. They only did half a dozen songs, but wow ... what songs !!

Er ... unable to get enough of Atlantic City ? You jest. Have you ever seen a bigger shithole ? Get there, see the Who, and then get the f*** out of Dodge, as they say !!

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 24, 2008 15:31

I'll be at the Tim Ries show as well that night....looking forward to it

Date: September 24, 2008 18:29

paulywaul
Get there, see the Who, and then get the f*** out of Dodge, as they say !!

AND David Byrne, don't forget - so not so fast!

Date: September 24, 2008 19:50

rlngstns
I'll be at the Tim Ries show as well that night....looking forward to it

See you there, ringstns!

Date: September 24, 2008 22:35

Beast
paulywaul
Get there, see the Who, and then get the f*** out of Dodge, as they say !!

AND David Byrne, don't forget - so not so fast!

O yeah, nearly did forget ... such was my eagerness to get the f*** outa Dodge (aka Atlantic City !!)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-24 22:41 by paulywaul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 25, 2008 05:30

Wish I could be there, not in the cards right now! Have fun for me, Beast, Paulywaul, and Kahoosier, and you too, ringstns...Shades of London 07! <sigh>

Sending good health beams to your mom, LQ!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 27, 2008 13:52

Tim and Bernard will join Klüvers Big Band for a couple of shows in Denmark:

October 1st 8PM, Hotel Schaumburg, Holstebro
October 2nd 8PM, Galaksen, Værløse
October 3rd 9.30PM, Copenhagen Jazzhouse
October 4th 2PM, Slagelse Musikhus
October 4th 9PM, Musikhuset Aarhus

[kluversbigband.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-27 15:22 by erikjjf.

Date: September 28, 2008 15:46

are you coming to Denmark,Erik?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 28, 2008 17:57

Not this time.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 3, 2008 22:25

I ordered mine from HMV and it just arrived yesterday, and included a promo poster of the inside painting that Ronnie did. It's a great poster - I'd love to have it signed and framed - did anyone else happen to get one of these posters as well?

I've not listened to the actual double disc yet.

Date: October 3, 2008 23:06

am travelling to Denmark tomorrow morning early to watch Tim and Bernard play with Kluvers Big Band. Tim told me yesterday the big band covers sound just amazing.
will be back on Sunday, will try to make some pictures.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home