Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2011 03:44

Looking at this thread makes me salivate like pavlov's dog.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 18, 2011 04:15

EddieByword
Thanks again for the photobucket info Mattleeuk, as you can see I signed up tonight; I've posted these, I haven't been able to work out how to make them bigger yet, when I resized them in the 'edit suite' they just got saved in the same size in my album ???...all help in making them bigger appreciated, Eddie

Valex show souvenir program from Cardiff Capitol Theatre 11.9.1964 with Mick's signature on the back...It is a bit faded but is definitely there

If I could get this bigger you'd be able to see it, (the signature) well, much better anyway

Canadian release of Winning Ugly - 12" single

Would anyone know and be able to let me know how to make these pictures bigger ? TIA, Eddie

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 16:44 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: July 18, 2011 04:24

Eddie, did you take the photos and upload them yourself? You must be compressing them too much. Either that or the source photos are tiny. Are you using a Mac or a PC? p.s. I am no expert but I will do my best to guide!

Date: July 18, 2011 04:45

mattleeuk
Eddie, did you take the photos and upload them yourself? You must be compressing them too much. Either that or the source photos are tiny. Are you using a Mac or a PC? p.s. I am no expert but I will do my best to guide!

I'm really no expert either...I'm not sure what a Mac is except it's some kind of computer (mine doesn't say Mac on it so I guess I'm using a PC. got a hardrive, screen and modem, keyboard obviously....I took the photos with my mobile phone and uploaded them to my hardrive...
According to the tool menu for 'Picture size' on my phone I have a choice between 2MP, 1MP & VGA....I got this phone as a complimentry off Orange as my old one wasn't able to upload the software they were sending me....it came with no instruction book...the guy in the Orange shop told me to set it at 2MP....I just found out VGA is for printing really small pictures...anyway mine is set to 2MP........

I've just worked out if I double click on the thumbnails in my album then a new page opens up with a bigger piscture on it......getting somewhere....thanks Mattleeuk...I'm still not sure if it's the size I saved but it is much bigger so that'll do for now...could be clearer too......I'll have to experiment.......

As I say the signature is a bit faded but then it is nearly 50 years old...........

Mick's signature goes from left to right across the white under his chin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-05 21:03 by EddieByword.

Date: July 18, 2011 05:14

EddieByword
mattleeuk

I'm really no expert either...I'm not sure what a Mac is except it's some kind of computer (mine doesn't say Mac on it so I guess I'm using a PC. got a hardrive, screen and modem, keyboard obviously....I took the photos with my mobile phone and uploaded them to my hardrive...
According to the tool menu for 'Picture size' on my phone I have a choice between 2MP, 1MP & VGA....I got this phone as a complimentry off Orange as my old one wasn't able to upload the software they were sending me....it came with no instruction book...the guy in the Orange shop told me to set it at 2MP....I just found out VGA is for printing really small pictures...anyway mine is set to 2MP........

I dont use photobucket, I use a free easy service called [www.tinypic.com] ..and my problem is usually the pictures are too dang big.... maybe try that one... anyway...

On the uploader you are using is there a "sizer" option? maybe look for that, it might say reduce or enlarge or something.....

As far as 2MP setting on the camera, that should produce a huge picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-18 05:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 18, 2011 05:25

Max'sKansasCity
EddieByword
mattleeuk

I dont use photobucket, I use a free easy service called [www.tinypic.com] ..and my problem is usually the pictures are too dang big.... maybe try that one... anyway...

On the uploader you are using is there a "sizer" option? maybe look for that, it might say reduce or enlarge or something.....

Cheers Max, thanks...I think I'm getting there slowly...I was copying and pasting from the thumbnails..(in the photobucket album)(see the 2nd from top post of this page)...obviously way too small but then I discovered if I double clicked on the thumbnail a bigger pic appeared and I could also copy and paste that....hence the bigger pic on this page.....there is a sizer option but I don't seem to have mastered it yet...as I say I'll have to experiment......thanks all the same, Eddie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-18 05:27 by EddieByword.

Date: July 18, 2011 05:30

EddieByword
Max'sKansasCity
EddieByword
mattleeuk

Cheers Max, thanks...I think I'm getting there slowly...I was copying and pasting from the thumbnails..(in the photobucket album)(see the 2nd from top post of this page)...obviously way too small but then I discovered if I double clicked on the thumbnail a bigger pic appeared and I could also copy and paste that....hence the bigger pic on this page.....there is a sizer option but I don't seem to have mastered it yet...as I say I'll have to experiment......thanks all the same, Eddie

oops, I missed seeing those big posts... now you have the TOO BIG pictures smiling smiley... try settting the camera at 1MP..... and as you say keep experimenting....

MAINLY, thanks for sharing the cool rarities

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: July 18, 2011 08:59

mattleeuk
Sometimes I can't remember what I have and haven't posted. I think I have posted the No.2 Album before but I am pretty certain I haven't posted the No.1 or EP so here goes... (all fully signed). Note: Bill Wyman's 'B' changed significantly at some point in 1964. The EP and No.2 is signed with the later 'B'. I am still trying to pinpoint the change from handwritten letters.

... Here another fully signed No. 1, which highlights my collection of all debut albums from all over the world ...

Andreas

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 22, 2011 14:49

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 22, 2011 15:22

wow, look nice! From Woody?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 22, 2011 15:39

steffiestones
wow, look nice! From Woody?
Nope, Sir Peter Blake
[www.redhouseoriginals.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-22 15:56 by Harm.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 23, 2011 01:19

I have only one fully signed LP in my collection.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 23, 2011 02:01

How many ex of the above LP were made? Is this the rarest Stones Lp? Approx worth?

Date: July 23, 2011 03:18

arc-angel
... did you know that Mick appears some times at Formula 1 events? Here his own VIP pass from 2007 in Magny-Cours/France (isn't that a nice pass photo :-)

Andreas

It must add to the rarity of the item to see a pass, any kind of pass made out to Mick Jagger that has the words "No Access" printed on it.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: July 23, 2011 13:50

Here is one from my collection. It is a promotional piece for the Their Satanic Majesties Request album. The 3-D piece itself measures 14" x 14". You can see how big it is next to a 12" album. I cherish this piece.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-23 14:23 by originalstones.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2011 21:49

That Satanic 14 X 14 piece is the coolest. And has to be exceedingly rare. What a shame there's no museum where all this could be seen. I don't know if the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has ever done a major Stones retrospective. What they display now is remarkably unimpressive.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: July 23, 2011 22:09

Actually it's funny that you mention the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Someone I know from Clear Channel wants to do a Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2012, and wants to use memorabilia from my collection to put on display. One of the places she is thinking about pitching the idea to is the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. She is already in touch with the Hard Rock Cafe in New York. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Rob

Date: July 24, 2011 02:12

Stoneage
How many ex of the above LP were made? Is this the rarest Stones Lp? Approx worth?

The name of this LP is "The Rolling Stones" but as there is this text "Promotional Album" on the label, then that is the name it is know as today.

This is the UK Decca copy that I have and they pressed only 200 of them in 1969. 24 of them are supposed to have been signed by the band, probably in the end of December 1969. I have confirmed / documented seven of these signed ones. Well, not all signed in person as Charlie was not present so Bill took care of that...
I'd say it is one of the most difficult UK pressed Decca LP's there is, but maybe not the rarest. These LP's has been on sale lately, I think three or four last year and at least three copies this year. SO you can get this LP if you put your mind to it.

The rarest UK Decca would be LK4838 Have You Seen Your Mother Live in Mono

You can read a lot more about the Promotionl Album on my stonesondecca.com page.

And by the way, the US London version of The Promotional Album is easy to get. There are at least 20 US copies for each UK copy on sale. They must have pressed at least 1500 in US of them

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 24, 2011 02:33

Tack för din fylliga kommentar, Jan! Thanks for your detailed respond, Jan!

Date: July 24, 2011 02:46

Jan Richards
I have only one fully signed LP in my collection.

I have been noticing Stones signatures recently.. and this one has Charlie signing as "Charlie", not CB....Bill has a nice clear sign on this... also Keith and Mick... and then there is llael lAX... who I assume is Brian.

Keith and Mick signatures appear to stay consistent over the years, but Charlies has evolved.... from the signing in that register book... to this one... to the CB

I suppose one can "date" an item based on when the "CB" came about.......

and... at this point... I realize... sigh... I am waaaaay down the list of things I wonder about the Stones... but still fun....

What year did Charlie start signing "Love(star)CB (Charlie Boy)?

Date: July 24, 2011 23:29

This Promotional Album is NOT signed by Charlie! Bill Wyman did Charlies name. Bill has signed all seven copies that I have pictures of and most probably all other copies as well. If you go and have a look on my www.stonesondecca.com page, then you will find the complete story on the signatures.

Brian Jones was already many feets under when this LP was made. The signature in the lower right corner is Mick Taylor

Here is a link directly to RSM.1
[www.stonesondecca.com]

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: July 24, 2011 23:35

Stoneage
Tack för din fylliga kommentar, Jan! Thanks for your detailed respond, Jan!

Tack självthumbs up

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: July 24, 2011 23:43

Jan Richards
This Promotional Album is NOT signed by Charlie! Bill Wyman did Charlies name. Bill has signed all seven copies that I have pictures of and most probably all other copies as well. If you go and have a look on my www.stonesondecca.com page, then you will find the complete story on the signatures.

Brian Jones was already many feets under when this LP was made. The signature in the lower right corner is Mick Taylor

Here is a link directly to RSM.1
[www.stonesondecca.com]

Weeeeeeeeeell cool... then I am pleased that I noticed this, and it is a very interesting read on your site about the deduction that Bill signed for Charlie based on the pen being the same type..... of course I still could be missing something here.... so anyone.... go look at the site to see for yourself, I can barely spell, let alone read properly

Date: July 24, 2011 23:54

Jan, I am curious.... you state that one of these have sold on ebay(2 times) and another at Sothebys, but I did not notice where you specified how much those sold for, the dollar(or other) amount. I would think this would be of interest to readers, and is probably (at least on ebay) public info.

Why not state the price, or did I miss that information?

Date: July 25, 2011 00:09

Max'sKansasCity
Jan, I am curious.... you state that one of these have sold on ebay(2 times) and another at Sothebys, but I did not notice where you specified how much those sold for, the dollar(or other) amount. I would think this would be of interest to readers, and is probably (at least on ebay) public info.

Why not state the price, or did I miss that information?

That is one of the "main features" on my site. I do not put up any prices on any of the items that I document. About 80% of the stuff is in my own collection and I feel that the value of the items is irrelevant.
Quoting myself from the page:
"I have not indicated any values and will not comment on the value of these records. I always say that the value of an item is what you are ready to pay for it."

But in general, Promotional Albums sold on the bay during the past two years has gone for anything in between £1000 and £5600, two of them signed and about six or seven non signed. Condition naturally has a hugh impact on the price.
Naturally then talking only about UK Decca copies. The US London LP is another story.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: July 25, 2011 00:21

Thank you, I was just wondering.... smiling smiley

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 25, 2011 03:28

Sold on e-bay in USA twice. Present location not known

The Netherlands

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 26, 2011 12:45

Flowers Decca LK4888 Mono Sampler Copy.

Date: July 26, 2011 15:43

cool stuff

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 18:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 1, 2011 04:44

Cool stuff

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home