Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hitch Hike vs. There She Goes Again (Velvet U.)
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: August 24, 2008 13:45

Maybe this have been noticed before but :

Just listening to the Velvet Underground and Nico LP and noticed that the intro of "There She Goes Again" remained me something. After a little search, I finally found that the song had the same intro as Hitch Hike, by the Rolling Stones after a song written by Clarence Paul, Marvin Gaye, William "Mickey" Stevenson (as say on my Windows Media software).

Have anybody noticed it yet, and can anybody who record the song first, or give a Youtube link to this song?

Is there any possibilities that Lou Reed (who wrote There She Goes Again) took the intro from Hitch Hike or is this a classic rock intro ?

Any more info ??

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Re: Hitch Hike vs. There She Goes Again (Velvet U.)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2008 14:00

Marvin Gaye 1962

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 24, 2008 15:06

The Last Time vs. You Belong To Me (Elvis Costello/This Years Model)

any bells?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 24, 2008 16:12

Rockman
Marvin Gaye 1962

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 27, 2008 11:17

Lou acknowledged that he nicked the intro to Hitch Hike on There She Goes Again when the latter song was a regular part of his set list in 1984.

At the time Lou was writing The Velvet Underground and Nico, he had a day job as a songwriter at Pickwick Records, a low budget label that tried to cash in on whatever trend du jour was going on at the time. He'd write these crapola songs like Do the Ostrich by day and then go home and work on Heroin at night. So borrowing from someone else's hit in his own song came readily to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home