Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Shine A Light DVD reviews and reports
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:24

The "Shine A Light" DVD is released in some markets like North America as of today July 29. Please post your reviews and reports here. Also, if you do know later release dates where you live, please post that info here too. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Anybody been to Best Buy yet?
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 28, 2008 18:21

Is there anything about their "Shine A Light Exclusive - DVD" that makes it special? Is it a packaging thing or are their extra bonuses?

Thanks.

Re: Anybody been to Best Buy yet?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 28, 2008 19:57

i was going to go in early over the weekend as sometimes they accidentally put stuff on sale before it is supposed to be on sale, but i havent done that.

try going to inexperienced, young looking help/kids and they might not know enuf and sell u one.

also see this [www.iorr.org]

p

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2008 21:18

i will be there tuesday morning at 10:00am sharp to get my copy and will report back shortly .i am very intrested about the extra's on sal dvd

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 28, 2008 23:24

Is this DVD another Best Buy (w/Future Shop in Canada) exclusive?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 28, 2008 23:52

I've seen that it was advertised at Circut City as well

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 28, 2008 23:57

DGA35
Is this DVD another Best Buy (w/Future Shop in Canada) exclusive?

No not at all. SAL is available anywhere DVDs are sold. Best Buy, although, is claiming to have a special edition of it. In the past, Best Buy has had these special versions with a different collectable box or whatever. That's probably what's gonna happen here.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: July 29, 2008 09:15

Seems there is more fiction than fact concerning tomorrow's official release of SAL...If BestBuy is offering a 'special edition' of SAL, it's news to me & I would doubt the source...BestBuy does NOT have an exclusive to this release as they did with the previous box sets..you should be able to buy SAL anywhere..you can buy SAL for $18-$20 or the BluRay edition for $10 more...BluRay seems to be a waste of $$ for such a release..at this point in time, BluRay is cool for gamers..after viewing the standard release, it's exactly what has been promised & little more...a 15 minute featurette of footage not included in the movie...4 songs that didn't make the final cut of the movie..and the brilliant film of course...absolutely no extra packaging included...not even a one-sheet with the song titles listed...but lots of ads & commercials included for your enjoyment....turn it up....peter

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:40

Well I went and asked when Stereo Studio (My local CD and DVD retailer in Horsens) when they would get it. They said September 23rd. Oh my God I hope that they're @#$%& kidding. That was the old release date. It's supposed to come out today. So around noon today, I'll ring all CD/DVD shops in Horsens (We have 3) and if they don't have it, I'll call to retailers in Århus. I had to go there last year to get The Biggest Bang on release date too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:42

JumpingKentFlash
Well I went and asked when Stereo Studio (My local CD and DVD retailer in Horsens) when they would get it. They said September 23rd. Oh my God I hope that they're @#$%& kidding. That was the old release date. It's supposed to come out today. So around noon today, I'll ring all CD/DVD shops in Horsens (We have 3) and if they don't have it, I'll call to retailers in Århus. I had to go there last year to get The Biggest Bang on release date too.

Shall I send you a copy - DVD quality, full 5.1 surround sound? In Austria, we are allowed to make copies for friends, so it's not really illegal winking smiley

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:52

peter
BluRay seems to be a waste of $$ for such a release..at this point in time, BluRay is cool for gamers
"1080p/AVC MPEG-4 + DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit)"...
true stones fans will be buying the blu-ray for the ultimate experience.

those with low standards will be happy with the dvd lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-29 11:54 by Slick.

Date: July 29, 2008 11:55

Lorenz
JumpingKentFlash

Shall I send you a copy - DVD quality, full 5.1 surround sound? In Austria, we are allowed to make copies for friends, so it's not really illegal winking smiley

Hahahaha!!!! No need actually. As we speak there's already a bootleg coming my way from China. It'll probably be here in a week or so. But I think there's an 85% chance of getting the official release today. It's just one hell of a day today. It's my dad's birthday (Don't tell anyone, but I've bought him a very cool present ----> He has all the 60s 2002 remasters, but only Jump Back, NS, B2B and ABB from the 1971-2008 catalogue. I've bought the rest for him. 20 CDs worth).

So this day is CRAZY for me. You know why? 3 reasons:
1.- My dad's birthday.
2.- Shine A Light DVD out today.
3.- Today I celebrate my first 10 years as a Stones fan (My first gig was Copenhagen, July 29th, 1998). I remember it well. Standing right up against the Ronnie side of the b-stage. They did Little Queenie, You Got Me Rocking and Like A Rolling Stone. After that gig, I was sold completely.

Anyhoo: Here's to hoping that I'll get the SAL DVD today.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 29, 2008 14:22

Now I've called every retailer in my area and the areas beyond. Nobody got it today. All of them say that it's coming out September 23rd (The old date). So I won't be getting it today. It's so painfully, painfully Danish. The @#$%&.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 29, 2008 14:37

Is it out in Europe at all?

Date: July 29, 2008 14:48

Worldwide release date is July 29th I think.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 29, 2008 14:53

Media markt in Maastricht (NL) wil get a "special" (?) DVD box at the end of august. 21 €.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:00

Kent, I was saying: I can send you SAL in DVD quality grinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 29, 2008 16:31

Harm

I think its october time for europe.

Hope to be proven wrong thou.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 29, 2008 17:41

JumpingKent - that is CRAZY indeed! What you said, what? Your dad had only Jump Back, No Security, Bridges To Babylon and A Bigger Bang from the 1971-2008 catalogue and you bought the rest for him: 20 CDs worth.

That is NUTS!

I'm curious - did you feel funny about getting him
It's Only Rock'N'Roll
Emotional Rescue
Undercover
Dirty Work
Steel Wheels?

20 CDs. SF, Exile, Soup, IORR, BAB, LYL, SG, ER, 70s, TY, SL, U, DW, SW, F, VL, S, FL, LL, Rarities, SAL.

That's 21. And that's all there could be - with exception to Made In The Shade. Or maybe you did get him that instead of Forty Licks? Well no matter what - that's a lot of records to get at one time. Wow! That's fantastic!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 29, 2008 17:44

Harm

Couldn't find a release date anywhere so I ordered it from Amazon USA. Got an e-amil this morning confiorming shippement (to France)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 29, 2008 17:54

Well it must be out - it's in the adverts from the Sunday paper.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: July 29, 2008 18:05

best buy is charging 29.99 for the blu-ray, while circuit city (also amazon) has it for 25.99. if you get it at bb, get a price match.

Date: July 29, 2008 18:07

So anyone get the "Exclusive" Best Buy version yet? The website says nothing about it still.......

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: July 29, 2008 18:11

Just picked mine up at Best Buy - the only thing that was exclusive was the price $13.99 - that's a steal.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 29, 2008 20:10

On my way to Best Buy.....are we sure there's not a special/exclusive package?

When I bought The Who's "Amazing Journey"....the Best Buy Exclusive version
came with an additional dvd - "The WHo Live in Chicago 1979".

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 29, 2008 20:37

LSTNT
Just picked mine up at Best Buy - the only thing that was exclusive was the price $13.99 - that's a steal.

The only thing at the price of $13.99 was the 17 song CD .

I just got back from Best Buy and the DVD was $19.99 plus 5 % sales tax . It's Special Features include , 4 bonus performances not shown in theaters . Undercover , Paint It Black , Little T&A and I'm Free . And a behind the scenes featurette .

Hers their online advertisement .

[www.bestbuy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-29 20:38 by boston2006.

Date: July 29, 2008 20:42

Hi

I bought mine in Holyoke, Massachusetts and it was $13.99 - the bonus featurette is worth that alone, parts of 10 songs, absolutely unreal. Maybe it was an in-store special as my advertisement also had it for $19.99.

boston2006
LSTNT

The only thing at the price of $13.99 was the 17 song CD .

I just got back from Best Buy and the DVD was $19.99 plus 5 % sales tax . It's Special Features include , 4 bonus performances not shown in theaters . Undercover , Paint It Black , Little T&A and I'm Free . And a behind the scenes featurette .

Hers their online advertisement .

[www.bestbuy.com]

Date: July 29, 2008 20:46

Hope that 15 minute documentary is as good I was hoping. Don't know how much greatness can be squeezed in 15 mins though.

Date: July 29, 2008 20:51

Justin
Hope that 15 minute documentary is as good I was hoping. Don't know how much greatness can be squeezed in 15 mins though.

I found it to be incredible, unfortunately some more Clinton coverage, but shows them doing about 8 songs, including Connection with both Mick & Keith singing, Shine A Light, Back of My Hand, T Dice, Wild Horses with no vocals but Mick doing the song on harmonica, Factory Girl and Keith doing his POC song. Absolutely stunning.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 29, 2008 21:05

Just picked up my copy but haven't been able to watch it yet, look forward to the bonus material mentioned above. The packaging of the dvd itself kind of sucks, there is nothing to it, no inside booklet or anything. They could have made it look a little nicer.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home