Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Ronnie again - Mail Online regarding Hilary Olson
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 27, 2008 02:58

First I heard of this:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Rolling Stones '£500,000 payoff for stylist sexually harassed by Ronnie Wood'
By Sharon Churcher and Caroline Graham

A young aide to the Rolling Stones is believed to have received a substantial payment after accusing their troubled guitarist, Ronnie Wood, of sexual harassment.

The 61-year-old is currently in rehab following an alcohol-fuelled extra-marital fling with Russian cocktail waitress Ekaterina Ivanova, 20.

He is understood to have been confronted with the complaint by Hollywood-based Hilary Olson in the summer of 2005, shortly before the band’s world tour of that year.

Panic attacks: Ronnie's alleged victim Hilary Olson

Ms Olson, 30, declined to comment last week about the alleged incident or the amount of the settlement, which one source has claimed consisted of a £500,000 payment by the Rolling Stones organisation.

But speaking from her home in the American Midwest, Ms Olson’s mother Nancy told The Mail on Sunday her daughter made ‘significant’ allegations against the multi-millionaire musician after she was hired as a wardrobe and dressing-room assistant to the band.

Mrs Olson said Hilary could not discuss the episode because she had signed a confidential settlement agreement.

Wood was never charged with any offence nor proved guilty of any misbehaviour.

But Mrs Olson – who is not bound by the agreement – insisted her daughter was the innocent victim of an alcoholic.

Troubled: Ronnie Wood and his wife Jo in happier times

Mrs Olson said: ‘It wasn’t just a falling-out. It was a significant incident. I have to be really careful when it comes to my daughter and the Rolling Stones. She goes into panic attacks when this is being talked about.

‘My daughter is very professional.

'She graduated first in her class in fashion design at one of the top worldwide schools.

'She did costume design and stylist’s work [for the Stones] and that’s why it was a pinnacle, a great job for her.

‘They took her around the world twice – Australia twice, New Zealand twice, she’s been in Japan twice – and did a great job for them and it’s well known that whatshisname is an alky.

'She’s only 30 and it [the alleged incident] devastated her for a while.

‘That other girl [the Russian waitress], they made that girl out to be the tramp, and that’s not the case with my daughter.’

The alleged incident reportedly occurred in Toronto, where Ms Olson was working for the band during rehearsals for their Bigger Bang world tour.

The pretty brunette, who won a fashion fellowship at Chicago’s School of the Art Institute, had begun to make her mark in the music industry when the Stones hired her as a wardrobe and dressing-room assistant in January 2003 for their Licks World Tour.

Fling: Ekaterina Ivanova the Russian cocktail waitress Ronnie Wood had an extra-marital fling with

She spent ten months with them that year. According to her CV, she was rehired in July 2005 for the Bigger Bang tour but left after only one month.

This newspaper attempted to interview her about the alleged incident but, as soon as we mentioned Wood’s name she said: ‘I can’t talk to you.’

Asked if she had received a £500,000 settlement after charging him with sexual harassment, she said: ‘I can’t help you. I’m sorry. You could talk to Ronnie about it. I’m sure he would have something to say.’

Her mother refused to discuss the size of the settlement, saying: ‘I’m not confirming or denying anything.’

A close associate of Wood declined to discuss Ms Olson’s complaint.

‘It’s not for me to tell you,’ he said. ‘I don’t speak for Ronnie. I know the incident.’

A spokeswoman for Wood said: ‘I know what you are talking about. This is a very confidential matter. These questions have to be handled by the Rolling Stones organisation.’

Another wardrobe assistant on the Bigger Bang tour emailed The Mail on Sunday to say: ‘I would love to help you out with your story but it’s just too close for comfort.’

It is not known if Ronnie’s long-suffering wife Jo, who accompanied him to the Bigger Bang rehearsals, knew of the allegations.

Rolling Stones spokesman Bernard Doherty said: ‘This is a legal matter.’

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-30 23:05 by bv.

Re: Ronnie again
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 27, 2008 03:05

"She's only 30?"

At what point do people become adults these days?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 27, 2008 03:25

The mother - & natch daughter - seem like borline personality disorders w. sociopathic tendencies. Read Wendy Mullen' (Mueller?)'s book "Ronnie Wood's Smile" more revealing than RW's half baked autio bio.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 27, 2008 03:30

Ah, so THAT'S why ticket prices were so high for the last tour!!!

Drew

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 27, 2008 04:03

When will this nonsense finally end???

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2008 04:16

wooo ronnie gettin his wild oats on, mick must be jealous

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 27, 2008 09:37

Thru and Thru
When will this nonsense finally end???

when wood stops behaving like an over-entitled selfish jerk who works out his virulent alcoholism on victims that aren't attached to to the big money or the safety of a team of corporate lawyers enabling him. in addition to being perpetrative and cruel and selfish (like most alkies) he dosen't even display the chops to be in the band half the time. no one here will likely admit that i know, so cast your slings and arrows in defense of your broken hero.
yeh he's had an amazing history in rock and roll, and pretty much erased a lot of it with horrendous behavior and barely passable, if that, playing on a zillion high priced shows. you wanted a clownish fake keith, you got one.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 27, 2008 10:28

The drive is on and Ronnie is the quarry. Media tries to dig up shit about him wherever they can find anything.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 27, 2008 11:24

Bloody hell. The Stones has been an old and traditional institution for ages now, but now this starts almost to sound like the actitivies of Catholic Church. I guess the pope Jagger is not amused at all for paying people silent... But if the story ios true, it is one more indication that Ronnie is very important member of the band, and he is tolerated quite much. (The beginning of ABB tour must have been sort of 19th nervous breakdown for Jagger to get all the cylinders on and without a major scandal - but isn't that more like a rule as far as Ther Stones activities are concernedsmoking smiley...)

- Doxa

P.S. One can only estimate how much headache the whole ABB affair caused for Jagger (Well, he is well paid, but still..). His ability to run the show with a cool face is amazing. Charlie's cancer, Ronnie's alcoholism, then this case... One can only guess what he thought when he heard that "Yeah, Ronnie and Keith were drinking together, and decided to climb on the tree, and then Keith fell down"... Mick seemingly cares a lot of his band mates, or if he likes or not, he is seemingly very dependent of them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-27 11:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:24

Thommie
The drive is on and Ronnie is the quarry. Media tries to dig up shit about him wherever they can find anything.

I fear that's exactly it - the tabloids seem to have decided that he's in the category of celebs who they're out to get any which way. If that's the case, there won't be any let-up.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:37

This just ain't funny any longer.

Get him help, and pray that the "tab**ckingloids" get off his case.
This is not what he needs now. He's in a vulnerable state at this time in rehab.

And although I don't have much respect for people who harass others - sexually or otherwise - I loathe "kiss and tell"- run to the tabloids-people even more.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:44

Dead right. How long before the Russian "kisses and tells" for some undisclosed sum?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:45

right analysis Doxa. It reminds me the "bras cassés" Jagger words during SAL

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:52

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: July 27, 2008 12:56

Other news about Ronnie [www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 27, 2008 15:16

6 weeks during the summer. Tough.

Rod should come to visit and play football with Ronnie.

Posted by: Jesus Murphy ()
Date: July 27, 2008 17:25

I hate to say it, but hearing about Woody's increasing 'problems', he seems to be reminding me more and more of the guy Nick Cage played in "Leaving Las Vegas"...

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: July 27, 2008 20:02

you can tell another tour is brewing.

c'mon ronnie...you are the best musician in the whole freakin' band! we need your skinny little ass!eye rolling smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 27, 2008 20:23

Well I'd love to know now what Ronnie actually did?

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 27, 2008 20:43

Beast
Thommie

I fear that's exactly it - the tabloids seem to have decided that he's in the category of celebs who they're out to get any which way. If that's the case, there won't be any let-up.

He doesn't have to make it easy for them though.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 27, 2008 22:21

More in German:

[www.bild.de]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 28, 2008 00:44

Another article in the Sunday press and the much quoted refernece to the Wood's having "one of the strongest marriages in show biz".
I suppose its a relative term, in the wacky world of entertainment.
What exactly is their yardstick or standard?
If one of the partners is an alcoholic and ex coke head does it imply a strong union? Or am I being simple here?
Keith's marriage is never referred to by the press in the same way.
I mean Mr and Mrs Watts are still together after 40+ years...so where does that leave them?
What about Elton and David's marriage?
Tony and Cherrie?
Help!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 28, 2008 00:46

Strong = enduring, lasting a long time?
What do we know of Elton's or Charlies fuzzes back'ome?

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 28, 2008 01:02

Yeah, Ronnie, go ahead. It's like back in the 60s, 70s :-)
What's gonna happen next? Mick might be supposed to have several children withAfrican women? Keith's gonna be blamed for smoking in public? Woohoo. the old times are back!!!

By the way: would you let your waitress marry a Rolling Stone? ;-)

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:27

He's just a man with all the temptations and vises everyone faces. He is no better or worse then anyone. Some are stronger then temptation others are not.

Let those that have not ....throw the first stone. (stone funny)

Walk a mile in his shoes....sort of thing.

Hope he get thing back together.

Have mercy, have mercy, baby. Have mercy on Ron. : )

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:37

None of them is HOT , ronnie should at least date with pretty women!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:38

Markdog, YES.
To call him self-indulgent, a jerk, etc is really uncalled for. Addictions have hurt or ruined many great great artists' (& others') careers and personal lives, so as a big Ron W fan I do hope and pray he gets well. Besides death (Billie Holiday, Fitzgerald, Bird, etc) it has had tragic effects on the lives & work of Johnny Thunders (til he died I mean), Sly Stone, Hemingway, and so many just plain folks.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:43

I think its the high of hypocrazy for some people on this board to try to justify Ronnie's behavior, my goodnes he is not a teen, he is an old man,sexually harrasing someone that doesn't want to be with him.
Yes he is a Rolling Stone but that doens't give him a free pass,and if The Stones paid hush money it was because the harrasament was worse than has been reported so far..
As a musician l will always admire Ronnie but as a human being imho he is shit..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 28, 2008 14:23

I wonder just what Ronnie brings to the party (band) these days except maybe being an emotional crutch for Keith.

Some of his playing on the 2005 BB tour and some of the Licks tour was atrocious. Slop at best. People who went to the shows that give a #### about what they paid to see knew they were ripped off and yeah I paid $$ for a few shows where he played very little and clowned around on stage.

I feel bad for his alcoholism and wish him the best personally on that front.

However I do wish that if the Stones continue to tour in the future that they would bring on a steady competent lead guitarist.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: July 28, 2008 14:40

He was terrible already during the 1997/1998 tour and for most part of the 199 NS tour.
I witnessed it 5x in A'dam (hardly touched in guitar) and just listen to the boots from that area.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home