Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith with Amy Winehouse for Nelson Mandela ?
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 27, 2008 16:52

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 12:18 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Keith with Amy Winehouse for Nelson Mandela ?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:02

the press really shouldn't sensationalize emphysema that way - i'm not making light of it,
but ... she's a smoker. smokers' lungs lose elasticity. it's not like - ahem, okay,
i'm not Amy's doctor and i don't know what it's like in her case.

there's a thread on the real news in this already, if anyone's interested in what's already been said: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:03

she's due to be second on the bill, at Glasto, tomorrow,(sat),
behind Jay-Z.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:08

Lung Cancer? Is that true? Last I heard it was emphysema, then the next day she didn't have emphysema, now lung cancer.

I love keith Richards to death, but if he plays with Chris Martin, I don't know if that's something I can ever forgive. I'm still trying to forget the Dave Matthews bit - that was easier because Mick probably talked him into it since he played with the Rolling Stones, but this is Keith on his own, so I have no one else to blame.

Keith - DON'T DO IT, PLEASE I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:18

No, it's not true, Cindy.
quite the exaggeration by the telegraph - damn tossers^^

... doctors said she was showing the early signs of emphysema.

This time around, on Friday, June 27, you’re invited to the celebration as well. “The 46664 Concert Honoring Nelson Mandela at 90? will be streamed live from London’s Hyde Park on VH1.com, starting at 1:30 pm EST. Will Smith is the host. Highlights from the concert will premiere on VH1 on Monday, June 30, at 9 EST/PST.

[blog.vh1.com]

Date: June 27, 2008 17:22

Hey open-g - so the Amy Winehouse thing is not true, is the Keith part untrue also?

I love that expression "tosser". I always wonder what if means though, I mean i know it refers to someone who's a jerk, but just why tosser? Does it relate to someone who "tosses salad" (that's a dirty expression in case you are not familiar with it)?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:22

where did who say lung cancer?? i'm so easily confused! the article above says emphysema ...
which everyone who smokes has some degree of, without necessarily being on the brink of keeling over

Date: June 27, 2008 17:25

The part about Keith showing up seems be true .....(the salad also winking smiley)

this could be the right site to view streaming when its on
[www.vh1.com]

for the brits
it's coming on tonight at 9pm ITV 1

it also is being streamed here:
[www.46664.com]
you need to install a "Autobahn" plug-in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 18:32 by open-g.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:33

CindyC i think amy winehouse is a tosser,and damn right keith should stay away from chris ms paltrow martin ,goes without saying .

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:33

CindyC
I love that expression "tosser". I always wonder what if means though, I mean i know it refers to someone who's a jerk, but just why tosser? Does it relate to someone who "tosses salad" (that's a dirty expression in case you are not familiar with it)?

a tosser is someone who 'tosses off'

you may (or may not) know the term, in your parts, as 'jerking off'

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 27, 2008 17:51

It would be great to see KR on stage!!

Date: June 27, 2008 18:10

with sssoul
where did who say lung cancer?? i'm so easily confused! the article above says emphysema ...
which everyone who smokes has some degree of, without necessarily being on the brink of keeling over
Amy Winehouse is set to perform two of the biggest shows of her career - just days after being diagnosed with an incurable lung disease.

Sorry with sssoul - that was my error, I saw "lung disease" but my mind read it as "lung cancer".

Thanks Adrian for clearing that up, you are right we don't say "toss off". Still is that really such a bad thing to be a "tosser" I bet 99% of the people on this board are! Even a "salad tosser" just shows you are open to sexual experimentation.

I think I will start a revolt to change "tosser" into being a good thing, who's with me!!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 27, 2008 18:25

Yeah, I'm with you but you have to go through my "Toss Test' first to see if you get an official "Tosser Trophy".... 3 things women need to be good at - making great omelets, tossing, and doing all the stuff I like to do.....

Date: June 27, 2008 18:32

HelterSkelter
Yeah, I'm with you but you have to go through my "Toss Test' first to see if you get an official "Tosser Trophy".... 3 things women need to be good at - making great omelets, tossing, and doing all the stuff I like to do.....

Well, as Meatloaf says...

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: June 27, 2008 18:54

MEATLOAF !?!?! I had to take 6 Advil's to get through that vid......

OK, so here's the deal, I'll be your RIGHT HAND MAN and you can be my TOSSER just no bitching about cold feet and lack of caffine.......

"I'VE BEEN ON THE FLOOR LOOKING FOR A CHAIR/I'VE BEEN ON THE CHAIR LOOKING FOR A COUCH/I'VE BEEN THE COUCH LOOKING FOR A BED/LOOKING FOR A BED, LOOKING FOR A.... COULD YOU REALLY BE?..... MY RIGHT HAND/MY RIGHT HAND MAN"... (use me up if you think you can) Yeah Baby....

Date: June 27, 2008 19:15

No No silly - you get to be the tosser. It might be hard to find a woman that can do all three things you look for, so in the meantime, you'll just have to get by with the other three essentials for a man.

(note: skip to the song at 1:20)

Date: June 27, 2008 19:18

The rumour is that Amy will be singing the finale with Jerry Dammers in a version of the Special AKA's 1984 anthem 'Free Nelson Mandela'.
Anyway, in the event keith does show - you can watch the concert via the BBC site here : [news.bbc.co.uk] scroll to bottom of page and click where indicated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 19:19 by Manofwealthandtaste.

Date: June 27, 2008 19:29

I always get Jerry Dammers mixed up with Jeffrey Dahlmer.

Date: June 27, 2008 19:52

I always get Jerry Dammers mixed up with Jerry Mathers.... The Beaver...

So CC, I think I understand, you don't want to DO... you just want to WATCH? OK, I'm trippin' on your wavelength...(kind of getting turned on a bit) Something like this ???

Date: June 27, 2008 19:58

yes exactly, only not so romantic!

But I am a cautious girl, so we must practice safe sex

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 27, 2008 20:05

This doesn't sound like Keith at all. Mick, I could see, but Keith?

Date: June 27, 2008 20:09

Hey Rep - you were being discussed yesterday.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 27, 2008 20:38

yeah King Snake.....in your absence some kind man named Mr. Edward posted the incurably funny photo of the pancake rabbit......

Date: June 27, 2008 20:59

Glad to see you back King Snake.....

CC, EXACTLY, that David Lynch character is a big sucker for over the top slurpy, sloppy romantic scenes....
sometimes it's just too much fluff for me to take - here's a perfect example

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-27 22:03 by HelterSkelter.

Date: June 27, 2008 21:45

HAHAHAHAHA - that is my favorite scene! Nice job! He totally messes with her head.

Bobby Peru is my hero, because you know he means business when it comes to _______.

My bf and I say that line all the time!!!!

Date: June 27, 2008 21:47

I make a return about every week. People don't seem to get used to the King Snake thing. I thought it was cool because of the Muddy song.. well anyway: I thought this was tonight, but it's two days away.. I'm a little confused.

Date: June 27, 2008 22:14

King Snake
I make a return about every week. People don't seem to get used to the King Snake thing. I thought it was cool because of the Muddy song.. well anyway: I thought this was tonight, but it's two days away.. I'm a little confused.

yeah, it took a while to get used to King Snake, Reptile was best though.

what is it you're getting confused with?

Mandela = on right now (+ hopefully Keith)
Glastonbury = hmmm, dunno - saturday or sunday, both?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 27, 2008 22:21

Daily Mail today

"Headliner Jay-Z has invited the 24-year-old to join him on stage alongside A-list stars Beyonce, Chris Martin and Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards."

Date: June 27, 2008 22:34

Well:

Miss Winehouse will leave her hospital bed to sing at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert tonight, before jetting off to Glastonbury tomorrow.

(so Winehouse plays the 90th birthday festival)

The festival's controversial headliner Jay-Z has invited her to form the ultimate supergroup with his wife Beyonce Knowles, Coldplay's Chris Martin and Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards.

Jay-Z is the controversial headliner of the Glastonbury festival. He isn't playing at the Mandela thing. So Keith would be at the Glastonbury thing too.

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: June 28, 2008 00:09

just watched the highlights on tv......no keith at the Mandela Concert.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home