Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Mick J. the devil ???
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 18, 2008 12:17

This is a question that might have been asked thousands times but I dare ask it once more.

In the late 60's, early 70's, people used to compare the Stones and the devil for the songs they wrote (SFTD, dancing with mr.d), the way they acted and of course for what happened at Altamont.
Later when the Stones came back in the 90's with big stadium shows, Mick like acting the Devil especially during SFTD, just see the kind of clothes he wore during these songs on the VL tour, BTB tour and ABB tour. Remember also R&R circus.

Does anybody know what Mick and the band think of this relation, paralell. I always loved to think that the Stones are kind with the famous Mr.D. Is Mick Jagger the devil ? hot smiley

(This is NOT a totally serious question, but a discussion could be interesting!)

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Re: Is Mick J. the devil ???
Posted by: phelge ()
Date: April 18, 2008 12:22

Do you think the Devil would have written "Let's Work"?

Date: April 18, 2008 12:27

phelge
Sorry don't know what it is confused smiley

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: April 18, 2008 12:31

Let's Work is one of Mick's poorer solo efforts, track it down and you'll know what I mean!

Date: April 18, 2008 12:34

phelge
Let's Work is one of Mick's poorer solo efforts, track it down and you'll know what I mean!
lol, even the devil might have bad days spinning smiley sticking its tongue out, or maybe the devil is both the Glimmer Twins.drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 18, 2008 12:41

phelge

HAHAHAHA!!!! That's a good point. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2008 12:47

ROCKMAN

Date: April 18, 2008 12:50

In this case, I think Mick would have loved to be the devil (like anybody else???)!grinning smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 18, 2008 13:22

"Paint It Black. Paint It Black you Devil!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2008 13:28

ROCKMAN

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: April 18, 2008 13:28

phelge

Of course. He wrote it, BECAUSE he's the devil. Only him can come up with summin like Let's work.

Re: no, but he plays it well
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 18, 2008 13:44

well ... Mr D is Death, not the devil, but i admit i think of Mick
when i hear Dylan's Jokerman. he's played to that archetype a lot

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 18, 2008 15:04

Dancing with Mr. D.....of course Mick is the Devil, or at least he made a damn good deal with him.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 18, 2008 15:12

No. He is a kind of rock'n'roll singer.Maybe the best.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: April 18, 2008 15:15

Mick is the devil, Keith is god, and together they rock their asses off!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 18, 2008 15:48

Personally, I hope the devil has better dress sense. MJ deserves a hefty spell in purgatory for those built up sneakers alone.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 18, 2008 15:57

phelge

He may be, according to Don Maclean. But that's kind of like asking 'Is Charlie Batman?".

Being a character in Christian literate. Mick's likely a bit too worldly to actually believe in ol' Lucifer. Associateing the imagrey has done the band well over the years, as those types of visuals have sold plenty of disc.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: April 18, 2008 18:10

Of course he's the Devil! It's the worst kept secret in the world....

Just don't tell anyone else,ok?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: April 18, 2008 19:37

Lady Jayne
Personally, I hope the devil has better dress sense. MJ deserves a hefty spell in purgatory for those built up sneakers alone.

He might be one of the best clothed man, when he wants. But these times it seems he doesn't want often !!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 18, 2008 20:29

I think he is, or at leat he has got a contract with him.

Date: April 18, 2008 20:51

I'd rather think of mick as a dancing bag of weed.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: April 18, 2008 22:15

When I added 15 fl oz water to the 250g of rice on the scales, for supper tonight, it made 666 grams. Does the devil eat rice, will my family be possessed or should I just not mix imperial and metric measures?eye rolling smiley

Date: April 18, 2008 22:56

I like well the idea of a contract between him and the devil around '68. Just look at Mick during SFTD in R&R circus. Don't you see his tattoo moving?? drinking smileydrinking smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 18, 2008 22:57

Terence Stamp will always be the best devil, as depicted in the Neil Jordan film, "The Company of Wolves."

SD

Date: April 18, 2008 22:59

Pizza Meat Chew
Hopa gessa mahhhhh nehm....

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 19, 2008 04:04

Mick has been a DEVIL,
since he " danced with Mr. D",
And if you don't understand this,
Well, you're not alright with me.
A true Stones fan would get my drift,
it's not that hard to see,
Mr. Jagger hangs with Lucifer
and he takes his tea at three.
Now if I've really lost you,
start reading right away
It's Rolling Stones level 101,
Your test is on Saturday!

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:20

Mick and co messed about with things they shouldn't have in the late sixties and paid the price - I bet he would like to distance himself as far away from that mistake as possible now

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 19, 2008 12:19

Is this for real??

Sometimes I can't help thinking about how different people on this site are, and how many silly questions we manage to come up with. And what worries me the most ist that I care at all...

angry smiley

Date: April 19, 2008 13:24

Addicted
Is this for real??

Sometimes I can't help thinking about how different people on this site are, and how many silly questions we manage to come up with. And what worries me the most ist that I care at all...

angry smiley

Keep calm, Addicted, this is NOT a totally serious subject, it's more a thread for talking about the relationship between the Stones and the Devil. You must admit that in th late 60's, this was a fondamental question ! Today, we can look at it with more objectivity and analyse it far better than at the time !

Posted by: turnersmemo ()
Date: April 19, 2008 14:07

LOL. Some people actually take this seriously: [www.jesus-is-savior.com]

Extract:
The Rolling Stones have influenced hundreds-of-millions of people for Satan. Their damnable song, "Sympathy for the Devil" is played all over America and Europe, and is more popular than ever. So many people don't even realize what they're listening to, and others don't care. The Rolling Stones are evil to the core, and in desperate need of God. Unfortunately for them, they've sold their souls to Satan. It's not just innocent music, but a lure for young people to serve Satan.

In 1967, the Rolling Stones released their first rock album openly celebrating the Devil, titled “Their Satanic Majesties Request.”

The song "Sympathy for the Devil" is the official anthem for the Church of Satan. In it, Lucifer speaks in the first person and asks sympathy for all who meet him. Lead singer, Mick Jagger claims that Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible, helped inspire their music!

The original 1973 album cover of the Rolling Stones album titled, Goat's Head Soup. The goat and ram head are greatly revered in Satanism and witchcraft.
It is clear from the song lyrics that Mick Jagger is praising Satan in this song Dancin' with Mr. D. "Dancin', Lord, keep your hand off me." No doubt, this is a reference to the Lord Jesus Christ, and Mick Jagger's willing rejection of Christ as Savior. Mick Jagger wants nothing to do with God. The phrase, "Lord, have mercy, fire and brimstone," makes it abundantly clear that this song is a complete mockery of God and His Word. Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones are children of the Devil, and the allusive "Mr. D" of this song is none other than Mr. Devil himself.

The very name of his successful 1994 album “Voodoo Lounge” praises black magic and the devil. Jagger has admitted dabbling in black arts and actively encouraged others to do the same: “It’s something everybody ought to explore. There are possibilities...” cool smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home