Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

astrid lundstrom
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 17, 2008 16:06

Any recent news on Astrid? For those of you who are not aware, she was Bill's muse/business partner/press secretary/agent from 1967-1983. More importantly she became "stepmum"To Stephen. Bill bought her a house in Chelsea after the split, other than the occasional comment little heard of her since then. Lived in LA for a while, I believe. Some problem with drugs, also? To her credit, has never sold her "story", unlike most Asssociates/hangers on etc - before presumably a gagging order came into play for anyone with any close dealings/relationship with the band.

Re: astrid lundstrom
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 17, 2008 16:29

A beautiful lady back in the day - haven't seen any recent pictures.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 17, 2008 16:47

Inna few days time, I'm gonna check around a little.
She spells Astrid Lundström, for the record.
Born in parish Färila, Ljusdals municipality,
county of Hälsingland under Gävleborg's regional government.
She lived in Västerås for some time.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 17, 2008 17:45

Heck, for a moment I mistook her for Astrid Lindgren eye popping smiley ...........wtf
lol

Astrid Lundstrom

Born in a small village in Northern Sweden in 1947, Astrid traveled by boat to England in 1966. Within her first month she was to meet George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Jimi Hendrix, and Bill Wyman. She and Bill were together for 17 years, and she accompanied him on every tour. "Other than them (the Rolling Stones), I was the only one who was there all the time," she said. Today Astrid lives in Tucson, Arizona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-17 18:13 by open-g.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 17, 2008 18:32

I LOVE PIPPI LONGSTOCKING!!! That was my favorite book when I was a little girl. I dressed up like her on Halloween for about 4 years in a row. She was my hero.

Re: speculation
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 17, 2008 18:37

>> before presumably a gagging order came into play <<

what are you basing that on - sheer speculation?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 17, 2008 18:39

Yeah Cindy, she's a cool little brat smoking smiley
Pippi Langstrumpf is still very popular in germany too. I'd say world-wide actually.

Date: April 17, 2008 18:48

with sssoul
>> before presumably a gagging order came into play <<

what are you basing that on - sheer speculation?

Well, I would just be very suprised if any new employees of Rolling Stones Ltd. didn't have some sort of gagging order in thier contract these days. In other words, I can't imagine a Tony Sanchez sort of book coming out now. Of course, I would be more than happy to be proved wrong (and enjoy the read).

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 17, 2008 19:10

thanks for clarifying - making it clear when we're merely speculating is a nice trait
that distinguishes us from bottom-feeding pseudo-journalist crap regurgitators, you know what i mean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-17 19:11 by with sssoul.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: April 17, 2008 19:59

I used to have such a big crush on Annika - that's the little dark haired girl - ahhh ;-)

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 17, 2008 21:16

CindyC
I LOVE PIPPI LONGSTOCKING!!! That was my favorite book when I was a little girl. I dressed up like her on Halloween for about 4 years in a row. She was my hero.

As Pippi and as a grown up:

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 17, 2008 21:27

Oh that makes me sad, that she's all growed up.

Date: April 17, 2008 21:41

Donnow how we got stuck into Pippi here... But.. Since we are...
Some cross-dressin'back in the days.. From Budva, actually, where the Stones
performed not so long ago...
[etik.blogspot.com]

It says Tommy acted as Pippi when she couldnt in some scenes.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 17, 2008 23:50

open-g
Yeah Cindy, she's a cool little brat smoking smiley
Pippi Langstrumpf is still very popular in germany too. I'd say world-wide actually.

too funny! looks like me and my friends in christiania before the stones show in copenhagen, 2003!

Posted by: RichardHurrah ()
Date: April 18, 2008 00:36

Fifi Brindacier in french. I loved it.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: April 18, 2008 06:46

open-g
Heck, for a moment I mistook her for Astrid Lindgren eye popping smiley ...........wtf
lol

Astrid Lundstrom

Born in a small village in Northern Sweden in 1947, Astrid traveled by boat to England in 1966. Within her first month she was to meet George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Jimi Hendrix, and Bill Wyman. She and Bill were together for 17 years, and she accompanied him on every tour. "Other than them (the Rolling Stones), I was the only one who was there all the time," she said. Today Astrid lives in Tucson, Arizona

if she was there on every tour, how come his scoree ratio was so high, surely she wasn't blind. Perhaps stayed in a different hotel?

Date: April 18, 2008 14:21

Astrid is also included in the cast of characters on the front cover of the Howlin'Wolf in London 1970(ish album). Along with Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Bill, the Wolf of course and others featured on the making of the record.
She was certainly involved in Bill's Chagall photo /book project and his
Digital Dreams film. So quite a joint partnership.

Date: April 18, 2008 21:15

open-g
lol

Astrid Lundstrom

Born in a small village in Northern Sweden in 1947, ----- Today Astrid lives in Tucson, Arizona

Färila aint Northern actuallty, it is slightly south from the
exact mid point in Sweden. And it is beautiful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home