Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT : R & R Hall of Fame
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 15:47

Been thinking about a road trip .

Has anyone here been ?

What do they exihibit as far as The Stones are concerned ? Thanks

Re: Semi OT : R & R Hall of Fame
Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: April 15, 2008 15:59

i am heading out there myself from NYC in a few weeks....Golf/Rock and roll hall of fame/Blue Jays & Indians game.....can't wait....don't know anything about the exibit?...will report back

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 15, 2008 16:36

I was there once, in 1996, shortly after they opened the place. They had some of Mick's stage clothes.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 15, 2008 17:28

I went in 2000. I thought it was great. Are you going to Cleveland only for this though? i don't know if I would make a special trip for it.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: April 15, 2008 19:33

CindyC
I went in 2000. I thought it was great. Are you going to Cleveland only for this though?

Just thinking about it . Not a definate plan

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 15, 2008 19:55

CindyC
I went in 2000. I thought it was great. Are you going to Cleveland only for this though? i don't know if I would make a special trip for it.

What are you saying there exactly ??.......

Date: April 15, 2008 20:19

HelterSkelter
CindyC

What are you saying there exactly ??.......

Well..... I only went to Cleveland on a business trip. I don't know if I would spend my own money to get there. However, being there (R&ROHF, not Cleveland) was definitely great, and I really enjoyed it. Perhaps what I'm saying exactly is that I'm cheap.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 15, 2008 20:41

Ms C.... I believe yo be DISSIN' Cleveland and I can tell you some of my HOMIES from the greater Cleveland area are not going to be too happy with dat there uppity New England Ego thang going on there....BTW, you done with taxes? Or are you finishing 'em up today like your man here?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 15, 2008 20:45

Recently talked with a sharp fellow who was really impressed by their collection of guitars.

Re the Stones, you might want to look at HOF website and email them asking for specifics of what they have...so you don't miss a thing if you go.

Date: April 15, 2008 20:47

No I wasn't really dissing Cleveland, but i didn't really get to enjoy my time there other than the HOF. I ainsn't no snob tho, I don't love Boston either, but i'm stuck here, what can a poor girl do???

My taxes are done, I just mailed my state ones this morning in fact. Sorry you have to spend this beautiful spring day staring at a Schedule C (am I right?).

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 23:23

well I was born and raised in Cleveland...and part of me will always call that city home....as far as the Rolling Stones exhibit at the RnR HOF...the last time I was there, a little over a year ago, they had four or five of Mick's stage outfits, a couple of guitars.

Check out an Indians game if you can...the second best baseball stadium in the league IMHO...(and yes I've been to them all)

Lots of good food too...the West side has some great bars and hangouts and the Eastside has some terrific food joints.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: April 16, 2008 00:21

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 22, 2008 18:48

I was there about 7 years ago, it's definitely worth checking out while in Cleveland (despite the awful nominees they've been throwing into the HOF lately).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home