Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT.Burning with windows media player
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 14, 2008 11:40

Hi!
Why does this program always ,makes these 2 seconds between songs, especially if they are live tracks, it´s really bad. what can I do?

Re: OT.Burning with windows media player
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 14, 2008 12:10

i guess there is no settings for that,,? in nero or other burning software,
you can do the settings "no 2 sec gaps"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 14, 2008 13:48

Why are there gaps between the songs on CDs that I burn?

The technology used to create a CD that does not have gaps between tracks is called Disc-at-Once (DAO), which refers to how the laser writes information to the CD. Windows Media Player does not use this technology, so it inserts two-second gaps between the tracks it burns to a CD.
To burn CDs that don't have gaps between tracks, you will need to use a plug-in for Windows Media Player, or use a different CD-creation program. For more information, see "How can I burn a crossfaded CD?" in the Media Advice Archive.

[www.microsoft.com]

How can I burn a crossfaded CD?

follow this link:

[www.microsoft.com]

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 14, 2008 14:34

thank you both, I also have roxio but i was interested why wmp does this gaps

Posted by: yapthe6th ()
Date: April 14, 2008 16:04

Ever notice the media player lists Keith's name first when referring to who wrote the songs?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 14, 2008 16:43

I noticed that. Even with In Another Land!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 14, 2008 16:59

Burning with Windows Media Player is a pain, really. I tried it once and failed miserably. All I got was a disc full of 128k quality. So I looked for other ways.
Since when I burn a CD, it always consists of a playlist mixed by myself (a mixtaper adapting to the sign o' the times, maybe), the burning software must handle individual tunes. The ever so popular Nero does that, and so it does the job. For extracting the tunes, I recommend AudioGrabber, with which you can also shift the track beginnings and endings to wherever you want, or fade out tracks.
A software that would enable me to crossfade without having to have two drives in my computer would be cool, though.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: April 14, 2008 17:31

I once tried it and it resulted in the songs frenquency being smoothly, slightly lowered in the first few seconds. Terrible, all cd's I burned are useless. I burn with Burrrrn or something now. Simple and works like a charm.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 14, 2008 22:10

billwebster
A software that would enable me to crossfade without having to have two drives in my computer would be cool, though.

I'm not quite sure what you mean confused smiley

but Winamp 5.xx can do crossfades for playback.
[wiki.winboard.org])

...but maybe you mean something different.

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: April 14, 2008 22:49

open-g
Why are there gaps between the songs on CDs that I burn?

The technology used to create a CD that does not have gaps between tracks is called Disc-at-Once (DAO), which refers to how the laser writes information to the CD. Windows Media Player does not use this technology, so it inserts two-second gaps between the tracks it burns to a CD.
To burn CDs that don't have gaps between tracks, you will need to use a plug-in for Windows Media Player, or use a different CD-creation program. For more information, see "How can I burn a crossfaded CD?" in the Media Advice Archive.

[www.microsoft.com]

How can I burn a crossfaded CD?

follow this link:

[www.microsoft.com]

Buy a Mac and throw away your windowsmachine,saves you from an hart attack.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 15, 2008 01:13

yapthe6th
Ever notice the media player lists Keith's name first when referring to who wrote the songs?

Macca would love that as all Beatle compositions he penned are generally now listed as McCartney/Lennon.

McCartney/Lennon, Richards/Jagger, Hardy/Laurel. Doesn't quite have the same ring!
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 15, 2008 01:20

I love caps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home