Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society - Get Together Fotos
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 19, 2008 01:28

Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??

Looks like I am gonna be home soon and thought we might have the first ever BAPS meeting (Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society).

We've got sweetcharmedlife, ryanpow, sarahwin, Stones Todd (or has he disappeared?), who else?

Some options: see SAL, go to the Ethan Russell exhibit at San Francisco Art Exchange (which of course was the first official dealer of Ron Wood's art), just have a good dinner and hit a bar, whatever.

Post here or e mail me at tim_bernardis@hotmail.com.

ThePlexiglass

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 06:26 by timbernardis.

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? First Meeting of BayAreaPlexiglassSociety (BAPS)??
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:38

I think stonestod died in a nasty cheese-grating accident.

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? First Meeting of BayAreaPlexiglassSociety (BAPS)??
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 19, 2008 04:50

My wife and I just moved to SF (well, 6 months ago) from LA.
So far, it's been pretty good.
We did go to the Ron Wood exhibit, too.
If you wanna count me in, sure.
BTW, anybody know any musicians up here?
I need to start a new band.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 19, 2008 04:53

J.J.Flash

Thank God. I was afraid he might actually show up.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 19, 2008 05:49

I live in Mountain View and the wife and I were planning to see the Russell exhibit on the 29th and Shine A Light the weekend after at the Sony Metreon. In IMAX no less! Welcome to God's own green acre by the way Tom. Have you talked to JLB lately?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-19 06:19 by ChrisM.

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 19, 2008 06:12

you can count me in...

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: March 19, 2008 06:22

I'm in Moraga, if you have any idea where that is. I just need a little motivation to get me through the tunnel and over the bridge to get to the Russell exhibit!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: March 20, 2008 00:28

ChrisM
I live in Mountain View and the wife and I were planning to see the Russell exhibit on the 29th and Shine A Light the weekend after at the Sony Metreon. In IMAX no less! Welcome to God's own green acre by the way Tom. Have you talked to JLB lately?

JLB moved to Austin.
I should send him an e-mail, thanks for reminding me.

Date: March 20, 2008 01:58

largelingerie
I'm in Moraga, if you have any idea where that is. I just need a little motivation to get me through the tunnel and over the bridge to get to the Russell exhibit!

Moraga, that is old stomping grounds for me. I went to summer camp there at St Marys College as a kid and shared the place with the San Fran 49ers pre-season training camp. We used to watch them practice, back in the John Brodie days.

And my father was student body president there in 1948 and he and all four of my brothers are alumni of SMC, been there lots, but not so much in recent years. As a kid, I bled red and blue.

My dad originally went there on a football scholarship back when St Marys had one of the top teams in the country. My dad was buddies with them all, including Squirmin Herman Wedemeyer, the greatest Gael of them all.

But me, I am an Old Blue (like my mom), I bleed blue and gold ever since I went to Cal.

Anyway, I will try to start working something up soon, but waiting to see if more folks are interested, but we could go ahead and start planning anyway, numbers don't matter.

Just remember everyone has to publically swear allegiance to THE PLEXIGLASS in front of the group (BAPS), or you will be banned from the group and from IORR (I have an agreement with BV). Juuuuuuust kidding!

One question for everybody: are weekends best, or is there any possibility to do anything weeknights? Just cuz I am free and dont have to work the next day doesnt mean that everyone is.

Plexi

Date: March 20, 2008 02:53

Just for public record. Let me say,I'm in.smileys with beer

Date: March 20, 2008 04:00

OK folks, how would this be:

Sat. the 29th -- Ethan Russell Exhibit,

Eat

Find a good bar

but not necessarily in that order, the order of these could be changed.

What do u think? Other ideas?

Please respond on the board or to my e mail if u like. Thanks.

Plexi

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:15

im happy to meet everyone. thanks plexithumbs up

Date: March 20, 2008 04:30

Hi Tom. We should get together for a jam! I talked to Jim a few months ago. He and Dani were great when we spoke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-20 04:32 by ChrisM.

Date: March 20, 2008 04:39

timbernardis
OK folks, how would this be:

Sat. the 29th -- Ethan Russell Exhibit,

Eat

Find a good bar

but not necessarily in that order, the order of these could be changed.

That sounds like a darn good date there Tim. Sounds like a nice night out in the big city. Me being of the burbs and all.

What do u think? Other ideas?

Please respond on the board or to my e mail if u like. Thanks.

Plexi

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:44

Is it for the 29th of this month or next?

Date: March 20, 2008 04:50

This,were on a tight schedule.

Date: March 20, 2008 04:53

alrighty then... what is today 19th. So that is tommorow is 20. 27 is next thurs. which would make 29 next saturday right? For some reason the 29th seems like it should be sooner than that. but thats when it is.. yeah that'll work for me.

Date: March 20, 2008 04:57

Cool,I think we have a plan taking shape. It seems I have become a bit of a co-conspirator with Tim on this. But I know the Bay Area is very well represented on here. So hopefully we can pull this off.

Date: March 20, 2008 05:00

yes, it would be fun. that exhibit should be really cool too. Well, speaking of bars... Im off to the bar right now where I may saing karoke. Im not making any promises though.

Date: March 20, 2008 05:08

Where the hell is Sarahwin?

p

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Date: March 20, 2008 19:59

Sarahwin -- I see you have posted, please check this thread out.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-20 20:00 by timbernardis.

Re: Who All is From the Bay Area on This Board? -- First Meeting of The Bay Area PLEXIGLASS Society (BAPS) ??
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 20, 2008 20:06

Here I am Plexi! Been working too hard to check out the Board! Went to the opening of the Ethan Russell show. Very cool and so is he. Can hardly lift the book 'tho it's so heavy! Wouldn't mind going again and meeing everyone on the 29th. We should also get up a party for April 4.

Just let me know locations and time.....

Date: March 20, 2008 20:10

As a PS - anyone going to see the Steve Miller Band at the Fillmore this Monday, 24th? I'll be there! Sarah

Date: March 20, 2008 20:21

Yeah, I would love to do the opener on April 4, but I will be home in Sacramento to see SAL with my brother (the oldest Stones fan in the family, saw them in 65, Keith's electrocution, and Altamont, to the present) and hopefully sweetcharmedlife as well.

Going to see Springsteen that night also in Sacramento which sweet is also going to.

So count u in for the 29th anyway?

plexiglass

Date: March 20, 2008 20:50

Count me in for the 29th Plexi. I think you also have my e-mail address if I don't respond on the Board! Sarah

PS Any news of Stonsfrk - I haven't heard from him for ages - must call and give him a shout out.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 20, 2008 21:21

J.J.Flash

it wasn't so nasty...good irish cheddar, at least.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 20, 2008 21:23

Sounds like a nice and fun gathering to see Shine A Light.
make sure to snap some pics and have a good time.

cheers smileys with beer

Date: March 20, 2008 21:35

This sound svery much like an evening gig. As for us, the wife, myself and mcparty were planning to met at the Exchange at around 1:00PM and then go for ramen just down the street. We were then planning to return Mt. View later in the afternoon to catch a friend of mine's gig on Castro Street. Hopefully we see some of you but if not we were planing to catch a matinee of SAL the weekend after. Should be fun!

Date: March 20, 2008 22:18

I don't think anyone has gathered yet for the Shine a Light opening, just for Ethan Russell exhibit on 3/29.... please correct me if I'm wrong 'cos I plan to attend both!

Date: March 20, 2008 22:50

Unfortunately,Time is not on my side for SAL. I have tickets for SPringsteen in Sacramento that night. I'm still debating whether to try and catch a matinee then go to Bruce or just wait until later in the week to catch it. I would love to see it at the IMAX at The Metreon.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home