Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS.com (again...)
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 8, 2008 19:29

New sales pitch from RS.com just hit my Inbox:

"Why is Valentine’s only a day? Romance your sweetheart all month long with Rolling Stones wretched collection of premium wines. Each hand crafted and painted bottle is individually numbered and includes an official Certificate of Authenticity."

[www.celebritycellars.com]

(OK - I took some editorial liberties...)

Which reminds me... with the membership year nearly up, and a renewal pitch surely due in days, did anyone ever actually see or receive the much-ballyhooed DVD??? Does it exist? Or are the generous angels at RS.com going to surprise all of us loyal, patient fools with an early copy of Shine a Light?

Just askin'. eye rolling smiley

EDIT: I stand corrected - my membership was paid to RS.com on Jan 30, 2007 so is already lapsed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-08 19:46 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Re: RS.com (again...)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2008 19:35

SomeTorontoGirl
did anyone ever actually see or receive the much-ballyhooed DVD??? Does it exist?

Guess.

Date: February 8, 2008 19:39

Gazza
SomeTorontoGirl
did anyone ever actually see or receive the much-ballyhooed DVD??? Does it exist?

Guess.

Ummmm... let me think... Yes! No! Yes? No?.... OH, that question is just too hard!

Posted by: Rob Hulse ()
Date: February 8, 2008 19:43

I send R.S com a mail and here is the answer

"We'll have an update regarding the DVD posted on the site as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience"

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 8, 2008 19:48

Forget that wine...

My sis got me a bottle last xmas and it arrived broken. It took her months to get a replacement because the "Celebrity Cellars" responded that they NEVER had a bottle break during shipping. They didn't want to replace it and after numerous phone calls and letters, they finally did.

B E W A R E !!!

Crap / garbage / nonsense

Date: February 8, 2008 20:00

Oh, this just gets better!

Called Ultrastar at 1-888-782-7999. The Nice Lady Who Only Works at the Call Centre and Really Has Nothing To Do With It told me that she'll pass my address on to the client manager and have "another copy" sent. I asked when the first one was sent and she couldn't say - everything is sent standard mail so there is no tracking. The mailings are done in bulk. I pointed out that there seem to be a lot of people who have never received a bulk mailing, and few or none who have and she said she's only heard from 52 people who have had problems. Oh... No I can't speak with the Client Manager, he's not there "right now." Or, as it turns out, ever since she's in Virginia and he's in New York but if I want, she can refund $20 of the membership fee. Let me th... NO!

Anyway, this lady seems lonely so if you're missing your loot, am sure she'd love to hear from y'all.

Date: February 8, 2008 20:01

Rob Hulse
I send R.S com a mail and here is the answer

"We'll have an update regarding the DVD posted on the site as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience"

Thanks - how long ago was that?

Posted by: Rob Hulse ()
Date: February 8, 2008 21:34

Some Toronto Girl ,

"Feb 2"

Date: February 8, 2008 21:48

Rob Hulse
Some Toronto Girl ,

"Feb 2"

Hmmm...!!! Thanks!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 8, 2008 22:07

My membership lapsed in the summer some time , I got several emails asking me to pay for another year , I told them I did not want to rejoin as they had not sent me an access code for any of the Bigger Bang shows in UK either in 2006 or 2007 and therefore not worth my hard earned money , I think they got the message eventually , yet they still send emails about things they want me to buy , today I got the wine one , perhaps you don't need to be a member to be offered things you don't want.
My son tells me that a baseball cap arrived mysteriously in November , no idea why but he says it was OK , perhaps the DVD is hidden in lining somewhere.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2008 23:56

Wow...people who actually paid money to rollingstones.com? Damn. Were you supposed to get something? Really? I always thought it was a sham. I had read some things here and there but never anything like this. Wasn't the whole idea of having people subscribe or whatever, 'join', was to have the possibility of getting better seats or maybe even good seats? Wasn't that the major reason?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2008 00:48

yes it was. In theory anyway.

I actualy got a DVD from them out of the blue three months ago. I opened it, thinking "finally - the new fan club DVD which they told me over the phone in July last year was being finalised 'right now'"

It was the same bloody Licks one that was belatedly sent out a year or two ago. angry smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 9, 2008 01:11

Nothing from nothing - damn RS.cum

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 9, 2008 01:39

I didn´t receive the dvd, either. I sent a e-mail and they answer: "please you need have patience".

Date: February 9, 2008 02:05

open-g
Nothing from nothing - damn RS.cum

Thanks open-g. That clip is likely better than anything I'll get from those bastages! (Very glad you got to see SaL - twice! Take care.)

Interesting to note that RS.com is now hedging its bets - here's the current info on Memberships and gifts:

Platinum $ 99.99 THIS MEMBERSHIP TYPE INCLUDES:

Full access to the members-only online fan club - the fan community, interactive media center, Stones archive and more.

Special access to tickets should the band announce shows.
A unique way to experience Shine A Light, the band’s concert film directed by Martin Scorsese.
A special membership gift – details to be announced later this year.

Membership gift
Duration : 1 YEAR
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
Members will receive a very special gift as part of membership. Stay tuned for details of this gift to be announced later in your membership year.

Am keen to guess what the "unique way to experience Shine a Light" would be. Could it be:

a) 5 months after release, at a theatre with no sound located in East Buttfluff, Saskatchewan (transportation not included)?
b) blindfolded and seated amid a group of people inexplicably screaming "Paint it Black, you devils!" ?
c) with Michael Cohl and a nasty stomach virus - which is somewhat redundant?
d) thank you for your patience, we will advise you suckers real soon...?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home