Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The First Barbarians!
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 8, 2008 18:22

Just got the Cd/DVD by mail today, and just watched the concert. Wow! Great! Especially loved Take a Look at the Guy, Sure the One You Need and loved Keith at the piano on Act Together (And of course Ronnie's phrase: "Sure looking... nice"grinning smiley ) I guess most of you've got it, but if you haven't.... Buy it at once!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Re: The First Barbarians!
Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: February 8, 2008 22:59

In 1974, they didn't use this term of barbarians. It was ronnie's first album promotion.

Date: February 8, 2008 23:50

I know that, but that's the title of the cd/dvd, and it's still a great concert, title considered. Sorry for not beeing precise enough...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 9, 2008 01:04

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. Already having boot copies of the video and cd I wondered if it would be worth it but I'm glad i got mine! I personally like the b/w footage even better than the color for its clarity.

Date: February 9, 2008 20:20

Yes, and they've done a very good job restoring the audio as well! Nice to hear both Ronnie and Keith as sharp as this in their playing. (Even though I'm glad they've evolved guitar-sound-wise>grinning smiley< )
Does anybody know which amps they were using back then?

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-09 20:21 by audun-eg.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 9, 2008 20:31

audun-eg

interesting question--I believe keith used Ampegs for both the '72 and '75 tours, as did the whole Stones backline, but would he have deferred to what ron wanted for this occasion? What did the Faces use?

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 9, 2008 20:34

I´m not satified with the audio quality. It seems, they just took the bootlegg and released it. there are @#$%& much noises on this CD. I loved the bootleg but for an official release it´s quite poor - sorry Ronnie

Date: February 9, 2008 21:14

cc
audun-eg

interesting question--I believe keith used Ampegs for both the '72 and '75 tours, as did the whole Stones backline, but would he have deferred to what ron wanted for this occasion? What did the Faces use?

Yes, I think I remember now, reading that they used Ampegs from 69 to 78. Ridiculously high watted too. (Was it 300w amps?) I'm very glad they stopped using those! I very much prefer their guitarsound from the '81 tour to present.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: February 9, 2008 22:41

I though it was all a bit sloppy.

Date: February 9, 2008 22:46

Sir Craven of Cottage
I though it was all a bit sloppy.

Always been, in a way, haven't they?

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 10, 2008 01:20

It's a terrific performance, indeed.
"Sloppy"? One might as well criticize the show for being "naturally rocking"
I love it when Rod Stewart steps out for his line in If You Gotta Make Fool Of Somebody....

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 11, 2008 05:11

audun-eg
cc
audun-eg

Yes, I think I remember now, reading that they used Ampegs from 69 to 78. Ridiculously high watted too. (Was it 300w amps?) I'm very glad they stopped using those! I very much prefer their guitarsound from the '81 tour to present.

SVT AMP

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: February 11, 2008 16:13

Im pretty sure The Faces used to play with Ampegs, just like the Stones. And easily, Ronnie and Keith used ampegs for this gig too..
I love that sound!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home