Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Michael Cohl heading up Artist Nation, Madonna first signing
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 16, 2007 22:52

From Billboard.com:

Madonna Confirms Deal With Live Nation

October 16, 2007, 1:00 PM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Live Nation president/CEO Michael Rapino confirmed today (Oct. 16) that Madonna has entered into an unprecedented global partnership with the company and will become the founding artist in LN's new Artist Nation division.

"The paradigm in the music business has shifted and as an artist and a business woman, I have to move with that shift," says Madonna in a statement. "For the first time in my career, the way that my music can reach my fans is unlimited. I've never wanted to think in a limited way and with this new partnership, the possibilities are endless. Who knows how my albums will be distributed in the future? That's what's exciting about this deal -- everything is possible. Live Nation has offered me a true partnership and after 25 years in the business, I feel that I deserve that."

The 10-year deal encompasses all of Madonna's future music and music-related businesses, including the exploitation of the Madonna brand, new studio albums, touring, merchandising, fan clubs/Web sites, DVDs, music-related television and film projects and associated sponsorship agreements.

This unique new business model will address all of Madonna's music ventures as a total entity for the first time in her career.

Artist Nation will be headed by veteran Rolling Stones tour producer Michael Cohl. The entity was formed to partner with artists to manage their diverse rights, grow their fan bases and provide a direct connection to fans through Live Nation's global distribution platform and marketing proficiencies.

Cohl will serve as chairman/CEO of Artist Nation, which is comprised of recorded music, merchandise, artist fan site/artist ticketing, broadcast/digital media rights, sponsorship and marketing divisions. The company will be based in Miami, where Cohl lives.

For more on the deal, visit Billboard.com throughout the day.

Re: Michael Cohl heading up Artist Nation, Madonna first signing
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 16, 2007 23:04

>> grow their fan bases <<

... uh ohh

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 16, 2007 23:20

I simply cannot wait for the Madonna Pinot Grigio, although it will probably be a little tart (ha-ha!)

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 16, 2007 23:22

KSIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I simply cannot wait for the Madonna Pinot Grigio,
> although it will probably be a little tart
> (ha-ha!)

On sale at Trader Joe's for $2.99 a bottle!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 16, 2007 23:26

This all sounds very similar to Prince Rupert's intro to ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES, actually. How long before the Stones and/or Mick solo join up with Live Nation?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 17, 2007 00:15

So what else can an aging rich chick do?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 17, 2007 00:53

Halup Wrote:
> From Billboard.com:
>
> Madonna Confirms Deal With Live Nation
>
> The company will be based in
> Miami, where Cohl lives.
>
>

When did he leave Toronto?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:16

.....well who's to say that Cohl's new deal running Live Nation isn't really a sign that the Stones will no longer be needing his promotional services anymore.......... the days of world tours seem to be finished....if not a lot more than just tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-17 01:17 by Rip This.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:53

WoW !!! This great news calls for a GREAT NEW SONG:

"MISS MADONNA (The Sunset Years)" by HelterSkelter c 2007. All Rights Reserved

MISS MADONNA/WANTS TO CON YA/INTO SEEING/HER HAS-BEEN SHOW

HER PANTS ZIPPER WILL POP/HER BOOBIES HAVE DROPPED/BUT LOVE HER ANYWAY
CAUSE SHE AIN'T LETTING YOU GO....

MISS MADONNA/SITS IN HER SAUNA/SINGING A BIT HIGH/A BIT LOW

HER VOCALS MAY BE FLAT/HER ASS LOOKS LIKE AN ALLEY CAT/BUT WHEN GRANDMA STARTS GYRATING/THERE'S SOME GOOD CASH YOU'RE GONNA BLOW.

BUT NO NEED TO FRET/NO NEED TO SWEAT/CAUSE IT'S GOING/
STRAIGHT TO A SMILIN' RICHIE/AND A SALIVATING MR. MICHAEL Mc COHL

MISS MADONNA/AIN'T GONNA WARN YA/BUT SHE MIGHT PULL/A MUSCLE/OR TWO
BUT WHEN SHE STARTS TWISTIN'/YOUR SEX ROCKET STOPS RESISTIN'/YOU'LL BE SWEATIN'/LIKE YOU'RE IN SOME CANNIBAL STEW

Feel free to slap some music on to the A1 lyrics .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-17 02:31 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 17, 2007 01:56

i have always hated madonna; but lately, after listening to all she's been reading and doing and adopting kids and giving interviews as an adult with a fake british accent, i hate her even more. it's not just the music, which i also hate, it's her somehow. did i mention i hate madonna? This is God's way of putting Cohl thru living hell while he's still alive; having to deal with that skank in person for business meetings...can you imagine a conversation with madonna? ohmygod. great news. this insures cohl will have one of the hardest times in his life these next years...ahhh, karma works itself out.

sorry madonna fans, nothing personal toward you i assure you...
she just maka me seeck; always has...britney's more interesting off stage that madonna is on stage...i love britney. i dont' have any of her albums but a friend gave me a notebook with her picture on it...sigh. i love britney...

shave her haid, still all fleshy from the kids' birth and not even trying to lip synch, showing up in a real mini bikini...she's more rock and roll every day...

say what you will about ol widow cobain...she made at least one truly great rock and record (live through this)...madonna had made exactly zero great records imo. a couple of catchy singles early on, aimed at nine year old girls...

i think of all the great female talent out there...lucinda, emmylou, patti scialfa, norah jones, diana krall, patti griffin, several country singer ladies i adore, so much good and fine stuff out there...i'm leaving out dozens of great female artists with so much soul; bonnie, joni, hell, this is without even going back to aretha and ronnie spector and darlene love; singers...visionaries...not circus clowns...
she fits in nowhere with any of this quality stuff imo.

i honestly don't think madonna has ever made even ONE record, other than the first few singles that were catchy barbie doll poop on the radio, that i could stand...

and i think it's delicious that cohl will have to sit there and listen to her ENDLESS narcisstic tripe...dee lish usss... perfeck. hahaaa, you KNOW who's gonna be doing all the talking at those meetings hahahhahaaa...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:32

These days, I think of Madonnna, Brad and Angelina all as one manic publicity-seeker.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 17, 2007 03:45

Beelyboy, you forgot Aimee Mann. I don't hate Madonna at all. I don't understand why she elicits such a violent reaction from people. I really don't think she takes herself too seriously, otherwise she'd've had that gap in her teeth cemented ovah years ago.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:54

oh i don't know why she gets under my skin; you're right and i really shouldn't take it very seriously; and usually don't...just venting a little on the board...
i really don't spend too much time with her but she seems a little phoney but it's show biz and alla that...i guess i just dont' like the sound of her voice and it's always grated on me a little; maybe it's a frequency thing or something but i just find it very unmusical...
...and the hype...seems pretentious; but hype's hype i guess...
...she used to be quite a good dancer twenty five years ago i guess...
something about her so phoney it seems, to me anyway...

good lyrics skelter!! haaaa... missed that the first time thru the thread...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 17, 2007 13:01

HEILOOBAAS Wrote:
> Beelyboy, you forgot Aimee Mann.

amen.
the best of the bunch.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 17, 2007 13:16

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> grow their fan bases <<
>
> ... uh ohh

Exactly !! One guess as to what that means for us suckers !!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 17, 2007 13:59

What do you think Cohl is already doing for the Stones? Everybody else from Bono to Madona wants a piece of the action. PT Barnum would be proud!!!

Date: October 17, 2007 17:41

Rip This Wrote:
> .....well who's to say that Cohl's new deal running Live Nation isn't really a sign that the
> Stones will no longer be needing his promotional services anymore.......... the days of world tours
> seem to be finished....if not a lot more than just tours.

Oh no, I don't think so. They just earned 560 million dollars on their last tour, and Michael Cohl knows it. They didn't even SAY it's their last tour. How much will they cash in if they will actually announce their LAST TOUR!? I'm sure they will tour again - even if one of the guys would die (Mick Jagger excluded - but how could he die with all his jogging and exercises). They wouldn't be the best selling live act if they'd miss an opportunity.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 17, 2007 22:03

I'll tell you whom I HATE! bono, david byrne, melissa etheridge doing dyke songs at the oscars, obama, cris williamson. That's it for now.

Date: October 17, 2007 22:35

Rip This Wrote:
> .....well who's to say that Cohl's new deal
> running Live Nation isn't really a sign that the
> Stones will no longer be needing his promotional
> services anymore.......... the days of world tours
> seem to be finished....if not a lot more than just
> tours.

actually-Live Nation has been around for years under Michael Cohl. The Stones tours have been done by Live Nation under the same business model as Madonna's deal with the new "subsidiary" Artist Nation. I just see this as Cohl creating a subsidiary to promote artists under the same business model he has been working under-give the artist a pile of cash and let him sort out all the rest. he's done a fantastic job with the stones and has made them and himself wonderfully succesfull in the last couple decades. hats off to him and glad he's there to bring us these big tours....let the bashing begin...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 17, 2007 23:32

coocooforcoconuts Wrote:
I just see this as Cohl creating a
> subsidiary to promote artists under the same
> business model he has been working under-give the
> artist a pile of cash and let him sort out all the
> rest. he's done a fantastic job with the stones
> and has made them and himself wonderfully
> succesfull in the last couple decades. hats off to
> him and glad he's there to bring us these big
> tours....let the bashing begin...

I don't disagree at all. I think Cohl's chosen an artist that he can explode up and out even further.......much like he did in '89. But I do think that she will command a lot of his attention. She's not the type to share.

Date: October 18, 2007 02:48

Cohl's been doing Stones, U2, Streisand lately, I think he can handle Madge. He runs a pretty well oiled machine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home