Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and Thin Lizzy
Posted by: munich-hilton ()
Date: July 17, 2007 23:34

Have anyone heard that Stones and Lizzy had something in common or did exist a picture, did they have conections to Phily Lynott ??

Re: Stones and Thin Lizzy
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 17, 2007 23:48

Nope, not that i heard of, and I´m a big Lizzy fan.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 18, 2007 00:11

I used to know Scott Gorham in the 70's,used to do a bit of roading for his pre Lizzy bands Fast Buck and Old Pals Act same bands effectively with slightly different line ups.
He used to drop by after he joined Lizzy and was always very friendly and always had a moment to chat to even me ,great guy.
The line up for Fast Buck was Charlie Harper on guitar,went on to play if my memory is correct Ronnie Lane's band.
Rob Grant on bass don't know what became of him.
Eddie Leach on drums ,now he did have something to do with the Stones, he has a credit on Goats if I remember well.
Scott Gorham on lead guitar.
A guy I used to know called Peter Bennet came in for Charlie Harper thats how I came to know Scott.
As I said earlier he used to drop in when ever he was near,but I never heard him mention the Stones
Bob C Benburg of Supertramp was Scott's brother in law,
we did a gig in New Cross London once when Eddie Leach was ill, with Bob on drums Scott on lead Rob on bass and Peter on second guitar and lead vocals,
we were late arriving due to having to pick up Benburgs drums and got £25 for our troubles,
all of which I got for gas for the van that had a jammed choke
Nothing to do with the thread really except for that Eddie Leach credit on Goats Head Soup.
A great thing nostalgia ,hope it wasn't too boring ,maybe of some interest to some of you.
Cheers

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: July 18, 2007 01:50

Soon im gonna get down on my knees and kiss your Lizzy autographs Vilhelm grinning smiley

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 18, 2007 02:04

Yep, I checked my closet, and they´re still there, in my old scrapbook smiling smiley
Ticketstubs, fanclub flyers, reviews, auotographs and all...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-18 02:21 by mickijaggeroo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home