Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Peter Tosh
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 11, 2007 19:10

Is this a official work; or can it be posted at Hot Stuff/trade? winking smiley

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: September 11, 2007 19:21

I'm looking for The Stones Seattle Supersonic DVD, can we work a trade? smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2007 19:59

Not impossible smiling smiley; I let ya hear from me.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 11, 2007 20:05

What is the Peter Tosh (and Bob Marley) reference in "Shuffle It All"? Never been able to understand the words.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 11, 2007 20:08

Here's the answer to my own question -

[www.elyricsworld.com]

The line that I thought was Dr. Marley is actually Dr. Mario, according to this.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 11, 2007 20:50

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nanker ...make sure ya check out the just released
> 30th
> anniversary edition of Two Seven's Clash...You
> know it's a
> classic...[www.iorr.org]
> 79,page=6

30 yrs JAYSUS i'm auld. ya i've seen that but didnt was in two minds to get it for the extra tracks/

That gig was amazing, I was at the front of the balcony and you could get high from the smoke rising up.

Date: February 26, 2008 20:43

Bunny sings 400 Years & some talk & nice Jamaican footage

Date: February 26, 2008 21:26

I liked Tosh, but wouldn't put him in Marley's class. More limited vocally and as a songwriter--though that's hardly a putdown

I felt like a hillbilly for a minute there...just a minute, now

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 27, 2008 17:19

Nice to see my Tosh thread still kickin..

Regarding putting Tosh in Marley's class, its all how you look at it I guess. I got into Marley first but then learned about the importance Tosh played in making Marley what he eventually became. I think Tosh's music has a bit of a rougher edge which I like. However I don't like the production on some of Tosh's studio albums and I love all of his live stuff, sounds very rock n roll for a reggae artist.

Date: February 27, 2008 17:37

IMO, Marley was the McCartney...nice songs that people can hum to. Whereas Tosh is more like Lennon, he writes tunes that are biting and to the point. Revolutionaries.

Both excellent writers.

Date: February 27, 2008 21:38

Agree 100 percent Bingo!! Also thanks again for that Tosh dvd, great stuff!!

Date: February 27, 2008 22:55

I'm glad you enjoyed it Hound Dog. My wife and I watched it again w/friends this weekend.

Cheers smileys with beer

Date: February 27, 2008 23:02

Nice, cool that the wife digs it. My girlfriend loves Tosh as well, I got the lyrics "Don't care where your comin from, as long as your a black man" in her head recently after hearing that tune and she was worried she'd sing that out loud in public..

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 27, 2008 23:12

...nice thread guys

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2008 23:31

Peter Tosh ................ Peter Simon

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 27, 2008 23:52

....dang, I love Tosh's voice.....good stuff, good stuff

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 28, 2008 04:59

<<However I don't like the production on some of Tosh's studio albums and I love all of his live stuff...>>

Agree with you Hound Dog on the studio records. Although IMO Legalize It, Equal Rights and Bush Doctor are all great.

I usually when it comes to studio material prefer listening to records/compilations like The Toughest, Honorary Citizen etc...

Rockman

Peter Tosh...The Toughest - Heartbeat CD HB 150

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-28 05:32 by Sohoe.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: April 23, 2008 22:06

Warm weather is here and time listen to your favorite reggae records. Its is too bad Tosh and Marley had such short lives, they had so much more music to give the world..

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 28, 2009 02:33

bump

HMN

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 28, 2009 04:06

Loved him. Saw him open for the Stones in 1978 in Anaheim,CA.USA He was smoking a joint and tossing rolled joints out into the audience. NICE!! This was also the gig wherein the Stones stage was littered with shoes as the crowd was going goofy. There were also alot of topless gals in front which was OK by me. Jagger thought it was funny and was laughing. Bill even got a thrill form it all.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 2, 2009 01:15

bump

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 2, 2009 15:47

Anyone ever see that VH1 Behind the Music special about him? Was great, but it's not one they ever repeat unfortunately.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of those, but there were a few that were really good, Tosh, Alice Cooper, U2, etc. None of which ever get repeated.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: December 13, 2009 17:12

video: [video.mail.ru]

Peter Tosh and Mick on SNL singing Don´t Look Back, that´s the first time i saw the live performance of the track, fabulous!

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:38

bumped for Rockmans amazing photo of the great man smiling smiley

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: December 14, 2009 22:59

Greek Theatre, LA, 1983..

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 15, 2010 23:28

Peter Tosh....brilliant...I saw him at The Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, South Wales U.K. 4.12.1978....I know it's a huge longshot but I don't suppose anyone has a recording of this to post...loved every minute ...floating on it for days after and that was just the music, EddieByword

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-16 00:10 by EddieByword.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 16, 2010 11:00

Great to see this thread - just a few hours ago I was debating posting this link. It's to a fantastic documentary I just stumbled on, so now I will post it since Ska/reggae is in the air - great bit of footage of a very young Peter Tosh and a clean-cut-looking Bob Marley (apologies if this has been posted before)!
- swiss

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 16, 2010 11:06

I have all his shit on record and use to be a fan...I also use to be a Marley-fan..but nowadays it's mostly root-reggae..

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 18, 2010 03:41

bump

HMN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 18, 2010 11:36

swiss
Great to see this thread - just a few hours ago I was debating posting this link. It's to a fantastic documentary I just stumbled on, so now I will post it since Ska/reggae is in the air - great bit of footage of a very young Peter Tosh and a clean-cut-looking Bob Marley (apologies if this has been posted before)!
- swiss

ps - in this documentary (around part 3 or 4) Desmond Dekker or someone says that in the early/mid '60s the Stones would come into the reggae/ska clubs and looked very raw and wild compared to other white people. Something like that.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home