Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Rome show reports
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 8, 2007 02:15

Yawn, yawn, yawn.........!!!

Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: July 8, 2007 08:15

I WAS IN ROME.
I WAS LUCKY WHEN IT HAPPENED PEOPLE CAME FROM THE TRIBUNA MONTE MARIO - I THINK - TO OUR EXPENSIVE TICJETS, CAUSE I UNDERSTOOD I WAS LOOSING MY SEATS AND GOOD POSITION TO STONES; I WOKE UP AND IN A WHILE I WAS IN FRONT OF THE STAGE.
LAST HERE I BROUGHT MY TWO CHILDREN IN NICE, BUT I KNOW I DON'T BRING MY CHILDREN TO SAN SIRO (MILANO) OR ROME - WHY ? : SOMETHING MAY HAPPEN.
AND I WAS RIGHT. EVEN IF I'M FROM ITALY, I KNOW THINGS MAY HAPPEN.
ANYWAY, FROM THE LOW COST TICKETS IT WAS NOT SO MUCH PEOPLE TO RUSH IN OUR SEATS, BUT LOT OF PEOPLE OF THE BACK SEATS OF HIGH/MEDDLE PRICE RUSH FROM THEIR POSITION TO THE VERY CLOSE STONES STAGE.
ANYWAY THE NIGHT WAS BRILLIANT, THE SOUND WAS VERY GOOD, KEITH SMILED WAS AT EASE WITH US, MICK WAS SUPERB - BUT IN MY OPINION CHANGED SOMETHING IN SHE'S SO COLD, CAN'T U HEAR ME KNOCKING - SEE BOBBY SAYIN' "YES", BECAUSE MICK HE'S NOT PLAYIN'YET HIS "ARMONICA".
I LOVED THE SHOW.
UNOFFICIAL MERCHANDISING.........BERNARD FOWLER - IN MILANO 2003, WE MET HIM (NOONE KNOW WHO WAS THAT GUY, APART 3 OF US) BUYING UNOFFICIAL MERCHANDISING....,
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY THEY WERE STOPPED BY THE POLICE, THREE TIMES - PROBABLY AT THE END OF THE NIGHT , THE UNOFFICIAL SELLERS WON THE BATTLE!, IT WAS AMAZING, REMEMBER EVEN THAT WE AIN'T GOT LOT OF MONEY IN ITALY, SO FOR A LOT OF PEOLPLE WHO ATTENDED THE SHOW, UNOFFICIAL T SHIRTS WAS THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE A NICE REMEMBER THIS HOT ROME NIGHT!
I DIDN'T BUR, I WAS ON MY WAY BACK HOME WITH FEW MONEY - I WAS THERE BY CAR (ROME TO MILANO !)
AND ANYWAY : UNOFFICIAL MERCHANDISING STEAL MONEY TO THE OWNERS OF THE IDEAS FO T SHIRTS, .....LIKE BOOTLEGS.....AND NOT OFFICIAL REALESES....
DOES ANYBODY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE THANG I'M SPEAKING ABOUT ?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 8, 2007 08:27

Thank you Black Limousine for some very intelligent and interesting thoughts.

It's a drag re the T-shirt creeps!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 8, 2007 08:30

Well, hell, I've just read everyone's postings and I am even more jealous and pissed off now than I was before the show (that I missed it). I hate everybody who went even more now.

Sounds typically Italian/Roman -- chaos, like the traffic, but the locals know what they are doing, I would suspect there is a "method in their madness."

I have never been to so many shows on a Stones tour (also including the one Who show in London) with such an open proliferation of bootleg gear (apparel) and so close to the venue. Absolutely NOTHING like the States where there is much more control.

The most open and crazy example of the bootleggers I saw was in Barcelona where, RIGHT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STADIUM in the FOS wristband line BEFORE the show for like 2 hours, THEY came to YOU, LOTS of bootleggers came up and down the line REPEATEDLY. And with a variety of different shirts and other items, some of them excellent. It was so EASY. And not a cop in sight bothering any of them.

BTW, Spanish and Italian crowds both have wild reputations -- can anyone compare the Barcelona and Rome shows?? But I suppose the Argentinians still beat them all.

And I must say I am STILL awaiting reports from the GERMAN LADIES.

WELL, GIRLS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Worst,

The Plexiglass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-08 08:33 by timbernardis.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2007 08:33

Relax plexi. At least your not back in big sky country.Last I heard it was about 120 in the shade back there.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 8, 2007 09:03

Thanks, black limo,
for the report of your time at the show in your home country.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 8, 2007 09:57

this video of START ME UP is just fab - wild and crazy and almost like bein there winking smiley god what a blast !

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 8, 2007 13:55

>> all this stuff on Keith this and Keith that made me nervous as i had to make some remark on him that were somehow critical. <<

Maumau my dear ... i hope i can ask this without starting anything upsetting/fretful -
i'm not sure i understand your statement right, and i'd like to.
do you mean the climate on the boards made you feel you "should" say something critical,
to be more "credible" or something like that? or that you were afraid that posting something critical
would cause a fresh outbreak of upsetting/fretful posts? or something else?

and thanks again everyone for all the reviews - lookin forward to the photos too :E

Posted by: Marco ()
Date: July 8, 2007 15:39

My 2 videos on youtube:

SHE'S SO COLD:

RUBY TUESDAY:

Cheers, Marco

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 8, 2007 16:13

Two things to ask.There is not even one pic from the last bow of the band;I have the video where Keith waves the scarf on the air.Second is there going to be any unofficial dvd for the show.I do not remember a think and I was totaly sober.I am jealous of the people who can see them one more time.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 8, 2007 16:42

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >> all this stuff on Keith this and Keith that
> made me nervous as i had to make some remark on
> him that were somehow critical. <<
>
> Maumau my dear ... i hope i can ask this without
> starting anything upsetting/fretful -
> i'm not sure i understand your statement right,
> and i'd like to.
> do you mean the climate on the boards made you
> feel you "should" say something critical,
> to be more "credible" or something like that? or
> that you were afraid that posting something
> critical
> would cause a fresh outbreak of upsetting/fretful
> posts? or something else?
>
> and thanks again everyone for all the reviews -
> lookin forward to the photos too :E

hi sssoul, i meant that recently this stuff about keith have become very annoying and repetitive and i felt that every remark on keith could be possibly "hijacked" to start the argument again and again.

i dont think there's more credibility "per se" in stating something critical on keith or whoever. guess credibility lies in the fact that you say what you think and tell what you've seen.

Date: July 8, 2007 17:05

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Relax plexi. At least your not back in big sky
> country.Last I heard it was about 120 in the shade
> back there.

Hey Sweet

good to hear from you. I wish I was back home in Northern CA and the Bay Area,bet the Bay weather is fine. Are you going to the All Star game at Pac Bell/SBC/ATT Park?

I am actually back in Plexiglass's Country, got back the 29th after 6 Stones show and one Who show in London which was the best of them all. Nah, not 120, but it did reach 105, maybe 110 2 days ago (Sacramento weather) -- still, nothing compared to the 135 at the Dead Sea and Masada where I was a week and a half ago. Cooling off here to maybe mid to high 80s today.

Back to Europe in August for 3 in London and if I can swing it, Lausanne or Slane (got to see ONE more stadium show before they are/might be gone forever).

Wish you could make it over. If not, then we will visit next time I am back home.

Plexi

Date: July 8, 2007 17:07

StratoGR Wrote:
> Two things to ask.There is not even one pic from
> the last bow of the band;I have the video where
> Keith waves the scarf on the air.Second is there
> going to be any unofficial dvd for the show.I do
> not remember a think and I was totaly sober.I am
> jealous of the people who can see them one more
> time.

Well, at least there is one more jealous person out there. Let's commiserate in our jealousy.

Plexiglass

Date: July 8, 2007 17:09

>> i dont think there's more credibility "per se" in stating something critical on Keith or whoever.
guess credibility lies in the fact that you say what you think and tell what you've seen. <<

thanks Maumau. i agree with you.
some people do seem to consider negative criticism more inherently credible than positive stuff, though.
not only around here - it's a pretty common phenomenon, i don't know why. anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Date: July 8, 2007 17:19

anyway here's my take on the riffmaster after last night

to my ears it was ups and downs (where the ups more more and more relevant than the down)

this for me means that all the stuff about damages and disease have not much consistency. The only aspect of his shape that i would consider is of course age. But i dont consider age an illness.

most of the time it seems to me that he knew exactly where he was and what he WANTED to do

that's the point. I had the impression that he deliberately does what he does in any moment. Specifically it seems to me that he wants to get out of the rhythm guitar player role as many times as possible. A theory that came to my mind was: "out of bore".

If he did that always i could think: he is not able anymore to rhythm. Fact is that this is not the case.

So he keep on trying and improvising licks and different ways to pull out a riff. Sometimes i saw him leaning towards ronnie: to keep back on route? to show him what he was trying to do? I cant say.

Sometimes i had the impression that it was hard for the band to keep together when he quit rhythm (that was the strange feeling with Rocks of and SSC)

The overall impression was of a person absolutely in control that feels that he can basically do what he wants.

Add to this the special relationship with the fans. I had this feeling as if he wants more and more the spot on him.

MAYBE this is the way he finds motivation in playing the same stuff every night. MAYBE ike he says - i guess honestly - in interviews where he ponts at the new and different things he finds every night in those songs (satisfaction, jjf etc). MAYBE He takes his time to look for these "new things" without thinking too much - at least some times - about the rest of the band.

Take for example what i have interpreted as a wrong intro to JJF. I am not at all sure it was wrong.

On the other hand, the bad timing in the YGMR solo was, i think a clear plain mistake.

So here it is, not a theory i'll spam the boards with, of course winking smiley

Date: July 8, 2007 17:34

>> Take for example what i have interpreted as a wrong intro to JJF. I am not at all sure it was wrong. <<

very intriguing, Maumau - cool to hear someone's pondering that possibility
for some of the things that aren't what one is used to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-08 18:04 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 8, 2007 21:06

I'm really sorry to say this but

this show was a @#$%& waste of time and money.

The crowd was horrible, disgusting, barbaric and awful.

I'll never ever go there again to watch a Stones or any other show and I really hope the Stones won't play Italy again for the next 17 years.

Though I've been meeting some really nice people outside the stadium and in Rome but somehow nearly all of them left their brain at the entrance together with the ticket stub.

[p081.ezboard.com]

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 8, 2007 21:11

What went wrong Roadster??For you i mean?

Date: July 8, 2007 21:21

It seemed that the Italian had cloned Mazarrati extra for the Stones show 1000 times.

Chaos and an average show.

Children two rows in front us, i.e. second row were screaming all the time because they were afraid of this barbaric crowd. The italians were nuts not knowing what they are doing or creating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-08 21:26 by Roadster32.

Date: July 8, 2007 21:30

So it was not fun?? Sorry to hear that.

Date: July 8, 2007 21:40

No at all.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 8, 2007 22:01

<Children two rows in front us, i.e. second row were screaming all the time because they were afraid of this barbaric crowd. The italians were nuts not knowing what they are doing or creating.>

>So it was not fun?? >

No comment on this response....

Date: July 8, 2007 22:10

i was not talking about the children you so called Ronnie!!Of course thats bad...but a Italian R&S show is not something you should bring your children to capiece...i saw bad things at shows...dealt with it...i see bad things every fuc-ing day but still can have fun...you just dont understand!

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: July 8, 2007 22:38

Roadster32 Wrote:
> I'm really sorry to say this but
>
> this show was a @#$%& waste of time and money.
>
> The crowd was horrible, disgusting, barbaric and
> awful.
>
> I'll never ever go there again to watch a Stones
> or any other show and I really hope the Stones
> won't play Italy again for the next 17 years.
>
> Though I've been meeting some really nice people
> outside the stadium and in Rome but somehow nearly
> all of them left their brain at the entrance
> together with the ticket stub.
>
> [p081.ezboard.com]
> doobeewithstonesdougfrm608.showMessage?topicID=12.
> topic

I'm sorry for trouble,friend.
Italian people are not only 100 bastards,
Italy love the Stones and love the strangers,
the problems was only the bad organization of the event.
Sici

Date: July 8, 2007 22:53

only stones Wrote:
> Roadster32 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm really sorry to say this but
> >
> > this show was a @#$%& waste of time and money.
> >
> > The crowd was horrible, disgusting, barbaric
> and
> > awful.
> >
> > I'll never ever go there again to watch a
> Stones
> > or any other show and I really hope the Stones
> > won't play Italy again for the next 17 years.
> >
> > Though I've been meeting some really nice
> people
> > outside the stadium and in Rome but somehow
> nearly
> > all of them left their brain at the entrance
> > together with the ticket stub.
> >
> >
> [p081.ezboard.com]
>
> >
>
> > topic
>
>
> I'm sorry for trouble,friend.
> Italian people are not only 100 bastards,
> Italy love the Stones and love the strangers,
> the problems was only the bad organization of the
> event.
> Sici

I know, I know beside from the show we had a great time in Rome but you have to consider that

the security was a local security
It's always easy to blame it on the organization
and there are people who do these things and there are people who let them do it.

besides that Rome was great.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: July 8, 2007 23:18

Roadster32 Wrote:
> only stones Wrote:
> -----
> > Roadster32 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I'm really sorry to say this but
> > >
> > > this show was a @#$%& waste of time and
> money.
> > >
> > > The crowd was horrible, disgusting, barbaric
> > and
> > > awful.
> > >
> > > I'll never ever go there again to watch a
> > Stones
> > > or any other show and I really hope the
> Stones
> > > won't play Italy again for the next 17 years.
> > >
> > > Though I've been meeting some really nice
> > people
> > > outside the stadium and in Rome but somehow
> > nearly
> > > all of them left their brain at the entrance
> > > together with the ticket stub.
> > >
> > >
> >
> [p081.ezboard.com]
>
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > topic
> >
> >
> > I'm sorry for trouble,friend.
> > Italian people are not only 100 bastards,
> > Italy love the Stones and love the strangers,
> > the problems was only the bad organization of
> the
> > event.
> > Sici
>
> I know, I know beside from the show we had a great
> time in Rome but you have to consider that
>
> the security was a local security
> It's always easy to blame it on the organization
> and there are people who do these things and there
> are people who let them do it.
>
> besides that Rome was great.

Italian fans boicott this stupid organization called "Milano Concerti",
problems with THe Who in Verona, Problems with Heineken fest in Venice,now this problem for concert in Rome.
In Milan last years nothing trouble, in Turin 82 and 90 the same.
Sici

Date: July 8, 2007 23:26

Milan was great.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 9, 2007 00:38

>i was not talking about the children you so called Ronnie!!Of course thats bad...but a Italian R&S show is not something you should bring your children to capiece...i saw bad things at shows...dealt with it...i see bad things every fuc-ing day but still can have fun...you just dont understand!>

Why this aggressive tone, rooster? Or do I misunderstand you (again)?
If you take your children to a Stones show that's fine as long as you have "safe" seats for them. Rome was an all-seated show so the parents are not to blame. It's this <horrible, disgusting, barbaric crowd> as Roadster called them and, even more, the stupid "security" who obviously was totally incapable of doing their job.

Date: July 9, 2007 01:31

i was front row and everyone was nice italians and foreigners and those who were not were politely told to calm down by other people

so yes, i think the blame goes most on Milano Concerti that made this a pitch seated show in order to double the cost of the ticket

there were many people around me that were first timers so they were justified to ignore what a rolling stones concert in italy means, but milano concerti is not.

i have seen a woman bring a little child (must have been 7 or 8) to stand on a seat on the third row half an hour before the show, i looked at her thinking "are you mad or what!?". Fortunately she disappeared after a few minutes before the chaos began.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 9, 2007 02:17

StratoGR wrote:

"By far the best experience in my life."

Glad for you, my young compatriot!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home