Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TICKET SALES IN WARSAW ?
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 28, 2007 13:43

'Czesc' to all Polish Stones fans (PiotrRSPL & others) & other planning to be there on 25/7,

Do you know how well ticket sales are going for the show there ? I too was shocked by the ticket prices. I had a ticket for the cancelled show in Bemowo last year. I will be in Warsaw to visit freinds next week and would certainly have come to the new concert if the prices had been more reasonable. I know 'Polska' very well, being a regular visitor since 1995 - I was at the show in Chorzow in 1998 and paid 99PLN for my ticket !!! 415PLN for FOS is just 'wariat'. When you compare that to the average Polish salary it is just outrageous.

I'm already going to paris on 16/6 but may still be tempted to make an early return to PL for the show there.

Gregor

Re: TICKET SALES IN WARSAW ?
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 28, 2007 13:48

Hi!
Hard to tell, I don't think anyone can answer that question. The prices are unfortunetely outragous. Last Saturday they started selling tickets on ticketpro. For a week it was only at Sphinx restaurants.
We'll see

Adam

Date: May 28, 2007 14:10

Adam,

I've just checked the ticketpro.pl website and it appears to indicate that the VIP (1015PLN!!) & cheaper of the 2 'B' sections (215PLN) is sold out. As was the case in Chorzow in '98 I think that if come showtime FOS is far from full they'll allow people with teckets for other sections to fill the empty sapce - I can't imagine the band would want to play to a 75% empty FOS with larger crowds further back.

Gregor

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 28, 2007 14:28

weird - i thought the "discount" for the Ronnieside B sector had been eliminated?!
i'm going to Warsaw to greet the Stones, but i refuse to buy tickets at these prices.
it's just about killin me, but there's no way i'm going to support this promoter's insane greed.

Date: May 28, 2007 14:34

Actually there is no such price on the seating chart. And those tickets were sold out already on Saturday morning. So I think they never existed. Those VIP tics were not available either. They are probably for some competition winners.

Date: May 28, 2007 14:34

With sssoul,

If you live locally in Warszawa, the best thing to do is arrive on the day & try to buy a ticket outside from somoeone with a spare. The concert will obviously be far from sold out so spare tickets will be very very cheap !!

I live in Swindon, South of England ad last year I travelled to Cardiff with no ticket. I asked around outside and managed to buy a seat close to the stage Ronnie's side - original price was £160GBP - I paid just £70GBP...

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 28, 2007 14:44

grzegorz67 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Adam,
>
> I've just checked the ticketpro.pl website and it
> appears to indicate that the VIP (1015PLN!!) &
> cheaper of the 2 'B' sections (215PLN) is sold
> out.

I think there's a mistake on the site. B1 tickets will be available from June 9 so they can't be sold out. And VIP tickets are not available in regular sale. You have to order them by a phone (when I was buying tickets at Sphinx seller showed me the number in case I would like to make a reservation but I wasn't intrested in VIP tickets at all so I didn't bother to write it down).

Date: May 28, 2007 15:00

So the 'sell-out' marked on the Ticketpro site really means that the tickets are not yet available. It all points to very slow sales - not a shock with those crazy prices. This promoter needs a reality check. I seem to remember that the prices with Odyssey last year were much less.

Makes no sense at all. A real pity as I think they could get a great reception & atmosphere in Poland. I thought the atmosphere was amazing back in '98 - 1 of my favourite Stones memories.

Date: May 28, 2007 17:26

>> I seem to remember that the prices with Odyssey last year were much less. <<

yeah: last year the FOS price was 220 zlotys, if memory serves.
i realize it's not the only show where prices have gone up, but not *this* much -
and why viva-art imagines Poland is the place that deserves one concert for the price of two is beyond me.
it sucks for us, but think of the Ukrainian fans - this is "their" show, in a sense,
and how many of them will be able to afford tickets + the trip/accommodations, about three?

grr and grr and grr

Date: May 28, 2007 17:49

Yes,

I think we can indeed blame the prices on the new promoter. Anyone have any experience of them before ? I understand they were involved in Chorzow in 1998 and the ticket sales there were rather a shambles with FOS being filled at the last minute with people with tickets for other sections. It didn't affect me as I had my ticket (in the seats) bought for me by my Polish friends.

Posted by: hetix ()
Date: May 28, 2007 18:53

Couple of people who I work with intend to go to the show, although none of them is buying FOS tickets (except for me...)
The only way to boost the sales is to organise a real good support band, I don't believe they would lower the prices. If they would, I'd be mad as hell.

Oh, one more thing. I'm planning to attend the gig in a very special t-shirt, which I'm gonna prepare by myself.
"F**k the ticket prices & Viva-Art".
Guess it's silly but still it's a manifesto...smiling smiley

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 28, 2007 22:27

hetix Wrote:

> Oh, one more thing. I'm planning to attend the gig
> in a very special t-shirt, which I'm gonna prepare
> by myself.
> "F**k the ticket prices & Viva-Art".
> Guess it's silly but still it's a manifesto...smiling smiley

Ha, ha!!! That's a great idea to make a t-shirt commenting ticket prices. How about "Viva-Art must get $toned"? winking smiley

Posted by: hetix ()
Date: May 30, 2007 21:48

Just found out that seats are NOT numbered. You don't have the pleasure of deciding where you'd want to seat, no no....
When it comes to seating places it's like GA - first ones at the gate are the most lucky ones.

Honestly, with Viva-Art it's a never-ending paranoia.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 30, 2007 21:59

with sssoul Wrote:
> weird - i thought the "discount" for the
> Ronnieside B sector had been eliminated?!
> i'm going to Warsaw to greet the Stones, but i
> refuse to buy tickets at these prices.
> it's just about killin me, but there's no way i'm
> going to support this promoter's insane greed.

how can you blame the promoter ? he has a fee to cover that the band want in order to play the gig. if the prices are high why do you think that is ?

could it be the fee the band want i wonder ???

Date: May 30, 2007 22:01

That is simply crazy. I can just imagine fights breaking out as people argue over seats. A recipe for disaster. They will be temporary grandstands too so I hope the fights don't shake them so much that they fall down....

Date: May 31, 2007 01:40

>> he has a fee to cover that the band want in order to play the gig. <<

... yes, we're all aware that every promoter pays the Stones a good deal of money;
and on top of that, individual promoters make individual pricing decisions. for example,
this year the promoter in Brno decided to *lower* the prices from last year, presumably to sell more tickets.
the Polish promoter has decided to nearly double the prices from last year, and this is the only country where that's happened.
sure it's *possible* that the Stones told him "okay we'll cancel Kiev and play your show
but since we don't like you, you have to pay us double what everyone else pays us" -
this is, after all, the same promoter they were not real happy with in 98 - but i seriously doubt it.
it's far more probable that this promoter is still simply a jerk.

Date: May 31, 2007 02:39

thats the easy 'it can't be the Stones fault' option though isn't it ?

blame everyone but the guys in charge

in my experience. even at club level. bands/tour managers want to know expected turnout and ticket price. if they don't agree with the price, they say so

and prices are always usually set to cover costs plus a profit of course. but i bet the band make FAR more than the promoter will, and they have no risk element

bands always win, promoters sometimes lose

Date: May 31, 2007 11:09

>> bands always win <<

uh ... no they don't. the Stones do, but that's the Stones, not bands in general.
we all know there are artists who radiate concern for their fans, and we all know (or anyway we should by now!)
who the Rolling Stones are. but since you're the expert on the situation: fine, have it your way:
the Stones simply decided arbitrarily that Poland is a good place to test whether the market will bear doubled ticket prices,
and the poor helpless promoter can do nothing about it. he's told them over and over that
there's no way to justify this big a price increase from last year, or to charge this much more than nearby countries,
but they just laughed and forced him to set up the show anyway. sure, that makes a lot of sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-31 11:23 by with sssoul.

Date: May 31, 2007 12:42

ANY band that agrees a guaranteed fee always wins because they get what they want regardless of turnout. if 5 people show up or 5,000. they get their fee. the promoter on the otherhand will only make his cut if the gigs goes well

no big band plays a gig without a guaranteed fee these days. unless they're shit of course

Date: May 31, 2007 12:59

>> no big band plays a gig without a guaranteed fee these days. unless they're shit of course <<

i wasn't talking about "big bands" - there are new bands too, that aren't sh1t, can't demand guarantees and don't "always win"
but okay: you live in a nice pro-artist world - how cool for you;
that still doesn't mean the promoter in Poland is not a daft jerk, or that he had to set up this gig,
if he couldn't make the tickets at least remotely affordable to Polish fans.
i'll bow out of this now, though, unless/until the topic gets back to ticket sales in Warsaw.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-31 17:05 by with sssoul.

Date: May 31, 2007 16:23

well i book dates for some bands in the 100-500 pulling range. and even they get set guarantees!

they wouldn't come over otherwise. they need to know that they'll cover van/gear costs at least

not to mention, if a promoter agrees a fee. he'll then need to work his arse off to make sure the gig is a success

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-01 01:37 by andy js.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: May 31, 2007 21:50

Hi
They will probably cancel warsaw gig.Ticket price is KURWA NIE DO PRZYJECIA smiling smiley which means too highsmiling smiley,For example FOS for Brno cost 200 zlotych and FOS for Warsaw 420 zlotych...And trust me Warsaw is a shitty town,and sluzewiec is shitty place for rock concert...So see you all in Brno!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-31 21:52 by sater.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 1, 2007 00:45

sater wrote:

"They will probably cancel warsaw gig.Ticket price is KURWA NIE DO PRZYJECIA which means too high"

And why must they cancel the gig, instead of reducing the prices? They could do this, even unofficially... Also they can reduce stadium's capacity, as they did in Frankfurt.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: June 1, 2007 15:12

i bought today my ticket b2 section for 265 z³. I was in ticketpro and about 27000 tix left. So half is sold out( ?). i don't know how it looks like in Sphinx restaurant which has got B1 tix

Date: June 1, 2007 15:28

nahhh, maybe the rest are the tickets Sphinx got.
They are selling casual ticketpro ones, and they got them in the mail already printed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-01 15:36 by Adams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home