Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
6100 tickets unsold for Frankfurt @eventim
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: May 21, 2007 21:43

I really want to see the guys in Frankfurt, but I hope they will at least make the stadium packed. With the high ticket prices and inflationary touring in the past decades it is a natural thing to that they have difficulties to sellout huge venues, but when I see the Stones I wanna have a full rocking stadium ;-)
Everything else leaves me kind of sad, because it shows me that the Stones might never be around here again :-(

Do you think they will be able to sell this amount of tickets in the course of 23 days?

And btw, who will be the support act for Frankfurt? Any confirmations?

Re: 6100 tickets unsold for Frankfurt @eventim
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 21, 2007 21:49

I think thats pretty good. Wouldnt have expected them to have sold that many, to be honest

If that percentage was reflective of the tour as a whole 3 weeks before any show, that would be a good return. If 50,000 is the capacity as stated on Bjornulf's tour page, that means theyve sold 88% of the tickets.

There'll always be a sizeable portion of "walkup" attendees" for these kind of shows and Cohl will have no problem getting rid of such a small number of tickets in 3 weeks, one way or the other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-21 21:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 21, 2007 21:53

Capacity is more like 40000 since they have that f***ing seats in the infield.

Date: May 21, 2007 21:55

Then theyve sold over 85% of the tickets in that case. Still pretty good.

Date: May 21, 2007 22:00

yeah capacity won't be 50.000 as firebird said.

I seriously hope Cohl will do his job in these 3 weeks.

But even if it was a 85% sellout (considering the capacity was ~40.000) it would look really strange inside the stadium with all the gaps.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 21, 2007 22:02

43000 is the ofically mentioned number of seated audience in Commerzbank arena, at rock concerts.

I'll be in 3rd row, so I don't care if another 6000 might fit in.
just tell them: grab the chance, go and see the Stones!

Date: May 21, 2007 22:12

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 43000 is the ofically mentioned number of seated
> audience in Commerzbank arena, at rock concerts.
>
> I'll be in 3rd row, so I don't care if another
> 6000 might fit in.
> just tell them: grab the chance, go and see the
> Stones!

That number is without the seats. I think 38000 is realistic. Hopefully Cohl learns something from the fact that they are not able to sell 38000 tickets at those prices and with the seats in an area that is the second wealthy area in germany and where they have not played since the Urban Jungle tour.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 21, 2007 22:27

You think 38000 ?!?
are you just thinkin' or did you hear that number being mentioned?
The 43000# I got was from Commerzbank Arena, seated, Rock concert.
stick to the facts!

􀂄 Kapazität Fußball: 52.300 Zuschauer bei 9.300 Stehplätzen
􀂄 Kapazität American Football: 48.500 Zuschauer
􀂄 Kapazität Konzerte: 55.000 Zuschauer

Date: May 21, 2007 22:32

open-g Wrote:
> You think 38000 ?!?
> are you just thinkin' or did you hear that number
> being mentioned?
> The 43000# I got was from Commerzbank Arena,
> seated, Rock concert.
> stick to the facts!
>
> 􀂄 Kapazität Fußball: 52.300 Zuschauer bei
> 9.300 Stehplätzen
> 􀂄 Kapazität American Football: 48.500
> Zuschauer
> 􀂄 Kapazität Konzerte: 55.000 Zuschauer

well i thought the 43000 means seats at the grandstands, standing infield. I got that wrong then, sorry.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: May 21, 2007 23:08

Where did you get the info with ~6.100 free seats?
Counting on Saalplanbuchung?

Date: May 21, 2007 23:15

RollingStonesFan Wrote:
> Where did you get the info with ~6.100 free
> seats?
> Counting on Saalplanbuchung?

Yes.

I guess in fact even more tickets are unsold, because some areas marked as "sold out" are actually reserved for the travel packages, right?

Date: May 21, 2007 23:16

well.if theyre reserved theyre not unsold, I suppose

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 21, 2007 23:20

85% sold would be very well indeed. But it's just not true. What is your source for that number 6100?

I have been following Frankfurt ticket sales on eventim.de more than anything else in the past weeks. And anyone can do that who's really interested. There are still very large parts of sectors that have not been made available but look sold.

Got to sector 26A for instance. Row 1 is sold, rows 2-9 are widely available. Rows 10-29 look sold, right? But they're not! Similar thing in most sectors.

Date: May 21, 2007 23:22

At rs.com travel packages are still available for the Frankfurt show so to some unknown extent they are still unsold.

Date: May 21, 2007 23:31

That is a very small alotment they are holding for travel packages. Numbers not worth talking about really. Those seats are in rows 4-10 I think.

There are still lots of free seats on the field and thousands of free seats in the upper tiers. IMO this gig is not even sold out 50%. It will look strange on 13 June or they do something about in sufficient time like get a very special openeing band, ha, ha!

Posted by: MiCkJaGGeR ()
Date: May 21, 2007 23:36

latvianinexile Wrote:
> That is a very small alotment they are holding for
> travel packages. Numbers not worth talking about
> really. Those seats are in rows 4-10 I think.
>
> There are still lots of free seats on the field
> and thousands of free seats in the upper tiers.
> IMO this gig is not even sold out 50%. It will
> look strange on 13 June or they do something about
> in sufficient time like get a very special
> openeing band, ha, ha!

I agree. Look at the other two German dates. It´s so sad. They really have to do something special. I will take two friends to the Dusseldorf-gig. They see the Stones for the first time and I´m afraid they will be disappointed.

Date: May 22, 2007 00:01

latvianinexile Wrote:
> That is a very small alotment they are holding for
> travel packages. Numbers not worth talking about
> really. Those seats are in rows 4-10 I think.
>
> There are still lots of free seats on the field
> and thousands of free seats in the upper tiers.
> IMO this gig is not even sold out 50%. It will
> look strange on 13 June or they do something about
> in sufficient time like get a very special
> openeing band, ha, ha!

Well believe me...depending on what is shown on the eventim website under "Saalplanbuchung" pretty exactely 6100 seats are unsold. Though I don't know in how far eventim is the only ticket seller and how many tickets have been distributed among other ticket stores.

Posted by: YPatrick ()
Date: May 22, 2007 00:52

ThatsWhatISay Wrote:
> latvianinexile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That is a very small alotment they are holding
> for
> > travel packages. Numbers not worth talking
> about
> > really. Those seats are in rows 4-10 I think.
> >
> > There are still lots of free seats on the field
> > and thousands of free seats in the upper tiers.
> > IMO this gig is not even sold out 50%. It will
> > look strange on 13 June or they do something
> about
> > in sufficient time like get a very special
> > openeing band, ha, ha!
>
> Well believe me...depending on what is shown on
> the eventim website under "Saalplanbuchung" pretty
> exactely 6100 seats are unsold. Though I don't
> know in how far eventim is the only ticket seller
> and how many tickets have been distributed among
> other ticket stores.

Eventim is by far the biggest ticket seller in Germany, but there are plenty of others, such as Kartenhaus for the market in northern Germany who all still have tickets available (don´t know how many, though)
I live in Frankfurt and most of the local ticket stores also have tickets left.
I´m not saying it won´t be sold out but apparently it is still quite easy to obtain tickets.
I must add that the local promotion probably isn´t going at full throttle, yet.
There are quite some posters all over town but very small and they look like
they promote a past concert and haven´t been taken down yet.
From the promotion point of view, the RS machine could do better, I guess

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:15

MiCkJaGGeR wrote: "Look at the other two German dates. It´s so sad. They really have to do something special. I will take two friends to the Dusseldorf-gig. They see the Stones for the first time and I´m afraid they will be disappointed."

The other two gigs will take place in 13 and 15 August and now the diary says "May, 22". And why exactly do you think that your friends will be disappointed, if the stadium will be 85% or 90% packed instead of 95%-100%, in a country the Stones have played to death since 1989? I think only we, Stones fans, are so many anguished. Noone else. A few months ago i saw in Athens Pearl Jam, one of the 10- 15 most famous rock bands. They played in front of 5,000- 7,000 at best, at a 19,000 capacity arena. I haven't seen disappointed PJ fans. But if the Stones play in front of 41,000 at a 43,000 capacity stadium, we're talking as if that was the end of the world...

Posted by: BannedAgainFAH ()
Date: May 22, 2007 04:55

Come on people, the leader says no negativity. Who cares if there are some unsold seats; the show will be perfect.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 22, 2007 05:10

firebird wrote:

"That number is without the seats. I think 38000 is realistic. Hopefully Cohl learns something from the fact that they are not able to sell 38000 tickets at those prices and with the seats in an area that is the second wealthy area in germany and where they have not played since the Urban Jungle tour."

I think Cohl does consider as normal what you rate as failure. He thinks that with these highest, annoying prices (no question about it), 38,000 is a good figure. Also, with these ticket prices the main question as for the sales isn't "how fast". The most important question is "how many, finally". Maybe he has to reduce the prices of (let's suppose) 5,000 out 38,000 tickets, in the last days, or to do offers to fill the stadium. No problem for him. The concert will be absolutely profitable because of the high prices of the rest 33,000 tickets and the stadium will be packed, or almost. This method isn't a fair one, of course, as most of the people pay a lot and some guys are catching offers. But it's much more lucrative method than offering lower prices for all, which would be fair, of course.

Maybe the Stones have not played in Frankfurt since 1990, but they have played to death in Germany. Judging from the fact that i have seen many German fans in various countries during previous tours (especially in Prague, 2003), i suppose the mobilty into the Germany, itself, is always strong. And, don't forget, last year Frankfurt concert had been cancelled, despite the fact that the sales were OK. Maybe some people are still hesitant due to the cancelation of 2006. "Once bitten, twice shy"... I think tour's start will make people sure that the Stones are coming, accelerating the sales. And if now there are only 6,100 tickets unsold, i think the situation is something more than good.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: May 22, 2007 08:59

I am sure that the stadiums will be quite sold. Not sold out, but pretty full.
Last year in Munich the stadium was not full at all especially in far back two lots were more or less completely empty.
I am really looking forward to see them back, but I would have rather paid 02 prices and have them playing less and in arena type spots.
Anyway we will enjoy.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: May 22, 2007 10:39

I recall Hangover last year, I would say 80% of seats sold: This gives you some kind of second league feeling while waiting for the show. But when it starts it makes no difference, as long as all seats between you and the band have been sold, and the FOS section is having fun. And it allows to bring in family and friends from cheaper blocks, never had that before with the stones.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: May 22, 2007 10:57

There are many more seats unsold, not "only" 6000. The next days you can win stones tix on nearly every radio station in the area. ( So it was in hannover an still many empty seats) But to be honest it was time that they recognize that we are not willing to pay any price to see them, especially when there is nothing new to expect. Take a look at prince, thats the way to have fun when you are able to do what you want! ( Sorry, but I´ve seen so many shows since 81 but this time I really don`t care as long as I should spend 190 € for a stadium show)

Date: May 22, 2007 11:28

@ThatsWhatISay
Sorry, but I can't believe you counted all the coloured dots in every single sector in the stadium seating plan. And if you did you did not take into consideration the sections not made available yet.

Yes there are other ticket agents like Kartenhaus, but to me it looks as if they've goten the right side (Keith's side) of the tiers. Those sections are red on eventim.de.

Mayor ticket outlets in Frankfurt like the ones in Zeil Gallerie and Hauptwache B-Ebene are selling from the same alotments eventim has got.

Date: May 22, 2007 12:49

latvianinexile Wrote:
> @ThatsWhatISay
> Sorry, but I can't believe you counted all the
> coloured dots in every single sector in the
> stadium seating plan.

I did :-) Took me about one hour with a little trick ;-)

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 22, 2007 13:07

What kind of trick?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 22, 2007 13:48

"Your tricks with fruit was kind a cute"
Sorry!

Date: May 22, 2007 15:23

I used some kind of shape recognition software that someone from our university made. Basically it just counted how many circles of a certain color were in a screenshot.

Date: May 24, 2007 13:11

Pls check Saalplanbuchung on eventim.de:

[www.eventim.de]

They made most of the upper and lower blocks unavailable. Does Cohl's papering start now?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1331
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home