Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LONG BEACH '72 APPRECIATION THREAD
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 4, 2007 22:27

I've been listening to this every night for three nights and I can't stop! The band is on fire! The sound quality has been improved to a point that it's listenable. Add to that it's the complete show. The taper is so close you can hear Mick's off mike comments. Give it a try!

Re: LONG BEACH '72 APPRECIATION THREAD
Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 4, 2007 22:36

Could you please post it somewhere?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 4, 2007 22:38

Joke?

Date: May 5, 2007 05:42

No joke. This WAS the FIRST STP show that kicked out the jams.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: May 5, 2007 08:34

Which upgrade? The recordings from those west coast shows sometimes sound like Nicky Hopkins and his Rolling Stones. I do like the Taylor/Richards interplay during MR at that show, though.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 5, 2007 19:29

I'm currently listening to this show... the performance smokes, really (especially Jagger's vocals are great -- articulate and full of soul and power). But mine sounds like it was recorded in the parking lot ... or at least in front of Nicky's piano. The only off mike comments I can hear are the taper's neighbour clapping and shouting.

If there's a significant upgrade to the recording I have, I'd be very interested in trading/downloading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-05 19:29 by LieB.

Date: May 5, 2007 22:16

I must have the best verision because I can hear every thing. How do you post a cd?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 5, 2007 22:31

Menace what is a leerjasje?
And I have been on a 72 listening kick too. actually I have been on the East Coast. I will check out Long Beach.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 5, 2007 23:03

I'm gonna go a bit off topic here (although it is '72 tour-related) and reiterate my question about Kansas City '72. Menace, if you're still around, you mentioned that the Kansas City "recording" was apocryphal. Are you sure ? I'm just wondering where the show I have which claims to be K.C. is actually from. It's very poor sound and there are edits in between each song which make identifying it difficult.

Date: May 5, 2007 23:35

The Kansas City show was on Dime a year ago or so (maybe less, but it's not there anymore, afaik). I either listened to a sample or downloaded the show or merely skipped it because people said the quality sucked. In any case, yeah, it's probably pretty horrible in terms of quality. It's also known to be a bad performance (at least according to Robert Greenfield's book about the tour, where he writes about Keith complaining about it and prompting rehearsals for the upcoming filming in Texas).

Date: May 5, 2007 23:39

Menace of Mayfair --

To post a whole CD without quality loss, the best way is to rip the CD to your computer without errors (EAC is a good program, I think) and then compress each wav track in the Flac compression format. They will then become about half the size of the original and a complete '72 show will be around 450 MB. This is the way torrents are made before they get uploaded to Dime and other bootleg sharing sites. So you could either do that, or just find some server space somewhere. Or share the record by snail mail.

I'm very interested in it, and I'll help you as much as I can, if you need any assistance.

Date: May 6, 2007 06:59

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Menace what is a leerjasje?
> And I have been on a 72 listening kick too.
> actually I have been on the East Coast. I will
> check out Long Beach.

leerjasje = teacup in Dutch. On February 5, 2006 Erwin's son kept telling me, "You have a teacup in your hair!"

Date: May 6, 2007 07:11

Erik and I are working on posting this for everybody to hear. The sound quality is similar to Seattle #1 but all the instruments are clear and the sound is HARDER THAN ANYTHING THEY'VE EVER PLAYED!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: May 6, 2007 07:40

LieB Wrote:
> The Kansas City show was on Dime a year ago or so
> (maybe less, but it's not there anymore, afaik).

I thought someone later posted there that the KC seed was a copy of another show. Nashville?

Date: May 6, 2007 13:31

Smokey Wrote:
> I thought someone later posted there that the KC
> seed was a copy of another show. Nashville?

Now that you mention it, I kind of recognize something like that. KC and Nashville had some connection for some reason. Both (if they ever were two) were bad quality anyway. smiling smiley

Menace -- GREAT it you could post the show some way (preferably in lossless quality), I'd love to hear it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-06 13:33 by LieB.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 6, 2007 14:03

Yes, I'll do a torrent of Long Beach on Dime, on behalf of Menace Of Mayfair....maybe the ones here without Dime-account can get a copy from of the ones of us who do have one.
Come to think of it....would it be better to put it on Rocks Off tracker instead ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-13 22:22 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 6, 2007 15:12

Eric and and ruler of Heiloo thanks in advance!!

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: May 9, 2007 10:23

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Yes, I'll do a torrent of Long Beach on Dime, on
> behalf of Menace Of Mayfair....maybe the ones here
> without Dime-account can get a copy from of the
> ones of us who do have one.

Thank you for the hint Erik - I didn't notice this thread before !! :-)

Thomas

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 10, 2007 19:17

I'd love to hear this myself! Thanks in advance for posting it!

Date: May 13, 2007 20:41

How's it going with the torrent?
Don't wanna be a whiner, but I really really wanna hear it some day. smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 23, 2007 22:01

Long Beach up at Dime and Rocks Off now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-23 23:10 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 23, 2007 22:39

Thanks in advance guys! Really appreciate all your hard work.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 24, 2007 01:46

Smokey Wrote:
> LieB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Kansas City show was on Dime a year ago or
> so
> > (maybe less, but it's not there anymore, afaik).
>
>
> I thought someone later posted there that the KC
> seed was a copy of another show. Nashville?

That could be me. I once found the Kansas show (in horrible quality) wich turned out to be the exact same recording as something presented as being the Nashville show. Long story short: The soundquality in both cases sucked big time.

Date: May 24, 2007 02:01

It's been posted on Dime and needs to be speed corrected as it runs very slightly fast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home