Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Wanna Be Your Man.
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 24, 2007 19:09

This would make a great fast and wild opener...?have they ever done it live? i thought not...I like that ...its a Beatles tune...and We Love You...and Come On...I would be really glad to hear Carol on the B-stage + some new Bang songs..is it realistic to...hope they play those tunes? I wont mention ''Í got get away'' one of my favs but i understand they wont do that!!

Re: I Wanna Be Your Man.
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:02

I agree. A great opening song. It's familiar to the tourists, but for the wrong reason, which makes it a kind of "in joke" for the lunatic fringe, for whom it's obscure enough to satisfy.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:05

it sure sounded good when the Winos did it in 88

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:06

A completely different demo version has surfaced on an acetate last year. Was on Ebay but did not sell because of the price.

Hope we will get it someday.

Date: March 24, 2007 20:21

I wanna'' is a powerhouse.....The Stones sound had already changed by the time the Beatles offered them''I Wanna''In the Stones hands the song was more primal,more seething than the cleaned up version of the Fab four.The song was their big break on to the charts, but their greatest succcesses came only when the band stepped out of the purism that hobbled...the earliest days of their contemporaries,and sought a new...darker voice.The hard-headed booogie -woogie absolutism of Ian Stewart would never have lasted in a world of ''Let It Bleed''...the first raw top ten hit.....Jagger''We thought it sounded pretty commercial,wich we did it like Elmore James(Rs 68)....Jagger''''I havent heard it for ages but it must be pretty freaky cause nobody really produced it...but it was a hit and it sounde great on stage...thats the reason we gonna start with it on this europe B bang ......ahhhhh

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:24

Ronnie could do the slide for that one, it's a great idea,
BUT will there be a B-stage this time around ? I hope not.

Date: March 24, 2007 20:28

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ronnie could do the slide for that one, it's a
> great idea,
> BUT will there be a B-stage this time around ? I
> hope not.

Yeah cheers ERik Cheers Ronnie sure can do it!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-24 20:29 by rooster.

Date: March 24, 2007 20:40

Its such a...real loud..real R&S tune..like Money..and''She said Yeah'' it gives you all the exitement you want on this Saturday night!!! And when i think of ballads ''Blue turns To grey'' is a fine subtitute to ''as tears go by'' aint it.....i think ''Let it Loose'' and ''If you really want to be my Friend'''is in the fantasy category...that wont happen'''GOTTA GET away'' is one of the best STONES TUNES i think!!! The roots of Respectable and many more great R&S Rockers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-24 20:41 by rooster.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:42

Cheers ROoster, and yea Ronnie could be smoking on that one

Date: March 24, 2007 23:10

I just saw two black and white versions..but im afraid they was not live...wild they were!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home