Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How do I get rid of Annoying clicks in Between Tracks when I Burn Live CD`s ?
Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: January 28, 2007 20:15

I`m sure this has been discussed before but I couldn`t find the post, Now I only know the basics of computers so can someone tell me how to get rid of these annoying clicks?

I use Nero to burn CD`s, there`s a box I tick which says Don`t leave Gaps between tracks, Although it dosen`t leave a gap it leaves an Annoying click as one song ends and another song starts, it`s really Bugging Me

Thanks for any help

stoneMe

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Re: How do I get rid of Annoying clicks in Between Tracks when I Burn Live CD`s ?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 28, 2007 20:27

I click 3 things before burning with Nero.
- un-mark the box that says "remove silence at the end of tracks"
- set the burning speed down to 8x (2x for DVD)
- mark the box that says "burn without gaps between tracks"

And...it works fine for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-28 20:28 by Erik_Snow.

Re: How do I get rid of Annoying clicks in Between Tracks when I Burn Live CD`s ?
Date: January 28, 2007 20:32

Thanks Erik I`ll try it later.
cheers

stoneMe

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: January 28, 2007 21:59

Are you making a Forty Clicks-cd? *LOL*

Big T

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 28, 2007 22:12

do you have to buy Nero or can you download it from the web?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 28, 2007 22:42

often you'll get clicks if you are sourcing from mp3s, even if you burn "without silence" or gaps. Find lossless files if that's the case.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2007 22:48

i'll try Erik's technique next time (thanks!) but meanwhile
i check the "crossfade with previous track" option for each track and set it at 3 frames
(sometimes it takes like 5 or 8 frames, but usually 3 is enough).

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 28, 2007 23:01

I got those click clack's in "Stray Cat Blues" looks like someone coming up the stairs, any body know's what this is ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-28 23:08 by NICOS.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2007 23:03

>> any body know's what this is ? <<

yeah: i got some tail now

Date: January 29, 2007 01:45

Tumbling Dice07

wrote -

do you have to buy nero or can you d/l from the web?

Hey TumblingDice07 - Yes You do have to buy Nero then you can d/l upgrades on the web.

stoneMe

Posted by: JJFlash88 ()
Date: January 29, 2007 02:11

I have found that the problem arises when burning MP3s and M4as.....my suggestion...use Wav or even better, lose loseless files....Theyre so much better than MP3s anyway!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 29, 2007 02:14

Oh yes, it's not recommended to burn MP3s and such. You can have problems by doing so.
Keep it to flac/wav.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: January 29, 2007 02:17

On a similar note, does anyone know how to remove gaps between tracks when burning a CD in Windows Media player? (E.g what settings I need to change, etc.)

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 29, 2007 02:30

stoneMe.....

thanx for answering my question....

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 29, 2007 03:07

Yeah, I do all my stuff in AIFF (or is it TIFF - one is for non compressed photography, the other is for lossless sound - iPods, I get mixed up) and I still get a super loud pop about 50% of the time in between songs. Is WAV better to go with for lossless? I do my stuff on an OLIVE machine - [www.olive.us] . No need for a computer- load up the massive hard drive and then load up as many iPods as you want;.....THE PROBLEM IS, how do I get rid of THAT POP??

Posted by: imonlysleeping ()
Date: January 29, 2007 22:56

There's a small cd burning program called Burrrn. It is nothing fancy but free and not the bloat-ware Nero has become over the years. Burrrn just burns audio cd's from audio files. You may have to install some codecs to convert some of the lossless files (flac, shn) to cd-audio, but it works quite good out of the box. You can find it at [www.burrrn.net]

There won´t be any clicks between songs, or silences between them if you don´t want any.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 29, 2007 23:17

Thanks, anybody have anymore info on these between song pops?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 29, 2007 23:42

Nero FAQ's says it might be "Jitter" problems with the hardware.
try reduceing the burn speed to 1x and see if it still occurs.

also use the Nero CD/DVD Speed Tool to analyse your hardware and already burnt discs.

btw, AIFF is the equivalent to wav format.
1st is Apple's Audio Interchange File Format, the other Microsoft's lossless audio format.
actually Riff Wave (Ressource Interchange File Format)

TIFF - Tagged Image File Format, from Aldus / Adobe

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: January 30, 2007 07:00

Use iTunes to burn your cds.... play around with the settings and you won't have any problems with annoying sounds.

And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 30, 2007 07:19

Yeah iTunes is now the best. They removed the annoying gaps, and you can select gapless playback and burning. great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home