Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Anita Pallenberg Appreciation Thread
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 9, 2010 21:47

whitem8
Oh, well maybe, and I MEAN MAYBE, she came up with the "whoo whoo's" on Sympathy...but other than that? Not much to appreciate.

Ha....but were they in tune? My friend does a mean impression of what those whoo hoos might have really sounded like.
But yes, Anita, while intelligent, strong and lovely, was a wrecking ball, to others and herself. SHe's always gotten a pass for the Jagger affair while Mick is seen as the predatory bad guy with the Tiny Todger etc...as if she was some innocent waif, and I don't get that. Anita had always been after Jagger and to this day, she is dismissive of him. Maybe Jagger saw through her manipulations. This is one aspect of the Tony Sanchez book that rings most true: that she had always had a thing for Mick, despite her protestations otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-09 21:50 by stupidguy2.

Cross-posting this from another thread
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 9, 2010 22:38

You can see why Anita has never written a book. There is no way she could ever appear in a positive light. But for a short period, she was a shining star. She was unusually beautiful, sophisticated, passionate, highly intelligent. Some would say she was the victim, ruined by being in the Stones millieu, with constant access to hard drugs with no financial restrictions.

Her life once she was out of the Stones orbit and off hard drugs has been admirable. She finished a degree course at St Martins, a very prestigious design school in London. It's very hard to get in, and it's a long and difficult course. Many if not most English designers started there. But all I've seen of her work is some artfully ripped tee shirts at Zoltar the Magnificent. She is invited to every hip social event and has maintained the same circle of friends for the last 15 years. But she hasn't been touched by scandal in the last 20 years. She's close to Marlon and his family, and has a lot of contact with Keith and his family. She lives near Angela but it is unknown to me if she is close to her. I have only seen them photographed together at Angela's wedding in 1998, apart from one other photo on the fan site about her.

Keith's book is of course going to generate a lot of backlash against her, although it is clear that he worshiped her when they first got together and still holds her in very high regard

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: January 7, 2011 04:34

gypsy
Those are supposed to be from August 29, 1970...they're about to depart for Denmark.
Another one from that day:

-Photo courtesy of Corbis

Brian and Anita had identical rings (see above). I hadn't noticed this before, but in a lot of pictures dating back to the late 1960's to the early 1980's (at least)she is wearing the ring. Even in the pictures with Keith and a newborn Marlon.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: January 7, 2011 04:38

gypsy
Anita in the 70s and 80s. Discuss.

Anita & Keith, 1974:

-Photo courtesy of Graham Wiltshire

1979:

-Photo courtesy of Daily Mirror Archive

Anita & Keith, 1980:

-Photo courtesy of Ron Gallela

The ring again which I've read was in amethyst and gold.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 7, 2011 04:11

Connection?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 8, 2011 15:04

That pic from '74...I recall she had a huge zit on her chin; someone must have excised it!

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home