Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: How was No Security Tour ?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 28, 2006 23:03

Glass Slide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take it you are a Sf Giants fan? $$ is crazy, but
> I think Zito will be very successful in the NL.
> Agree with Tod's analysis.

Yes I am a Giants fan and yes the $ are crazy. But the money everybody is getting is crazy. Tickets for games are going to cost more than a stones concert pretty soon.LOL

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 11, 2014 22:27

It makes sense that this did not happen on the "No Security" tour:

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: December 11, 2014 22:51

The Joker
I missed this one.

Saw probably 20 shows. Fantastic

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 11, 2014 23:32

someone on another thread said the stones were probably playing better from 89 on than in the 1970's-

at which point i nearly spit coffee all over my desk because i was taking a drink at the time.i then laughed/coughed for 5 minutes.

i saw detroit and las vegas on the no securtiy tour and it was as close to the real deal as i've seen in the modern era.they just flat out kicked ass,it was the first arena tour in years,the first time they opened with jjf since 69,the 30th anniversary of the 69 tour-they were in great shape and really tight after doing bridges to babylon right before it...just great.some of the best live stones i've ever seen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 11, 2014 23:37

How was it ? Friggin' exciting, first Arena tour since...1978 ? That's when the crazy prices started too, but I scored some cheap tix for the second (or first?) night in San Jose and seeing Mick and Keith pretty much alone (the others barely played on some parts) on the BStage for Midnight Rambler was amazing, something I'll never forget!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 11, 2014 23:53

It was a FANTASTIC show. I was at Boston #2, and it blew me away.

The sad thing is that Ronnie was completely a non-factor...he was drunk out of his mind, and yet it was STILL brilliant thanks to Keith. He played like a man possessed, and completely papered over Ronnie's poor performance.

Midnight Rambler was so powerful that my knees literally gave out at one point during the slow part. I was in a blues-induced trance.

Actually, I remember very clearly that the entire crowd in my section sat down after Jumpin' Jack Flash, which REALLY pissed me off (I was in college at the time), and sat for the next three songs until Honkey Tonk Women.

From that point forward, EVERYONE around me was on their feet.

Highlights were: Some Girls, Midnight Rambler, Moonlight Mile, Paint It Black, Out of Control and Brown Sugar.

I didn't dig the horns or the silly Mick/Lisa/Bernard dancing on Sympathy, but it was still a great encore.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 02:10

I saw them in Miami, and I agree a great show! The sound was a bit muddy for the first few songs, then broke through. Great versions of Some Girls, You Got the Silver, Rout 66, Midnight Rambler, Just My Imagination. Great show!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 12, 2014 02:36

Sure hope this tour can finally be represented in the new DVD/CD Vault Series.

Date: December 12, 2014 02:52

Justin
Was it ever professionally recorded? IMO, it's a damned travesty if there's no official record of this wonderful tour.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 12, 2014 03:00

keefriff99
Justin
Was it ever professionally recorded? IMO, it's a damned travesty if there's no official record of this wonderful tour.

The San Jose show was definitely filmed (apparently for Showtime?). Not sure why they scrapped it but I think that's the only thing they might have in their possession. A cameraman can be seen up front at the Shepherds Bush show--that would be the one thing that would for me trump any other modern day product that they could release.

Posted by: murf3901 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 03:15

no security was my first tour and my first two stones shows. absolutely amazing. great shows. great energy. fantastic set lists. i was able to see the 2nd anaheim pond show by a stroke of luck and made it my goal to see at least one more there after, which ended up being in vegas at the mgm grand. both shows were f'n incredible. these two shows really fueled the fire for me making it on each of the following tours (licks, BB, 50th), logging in shows #13 & 14 where it all began in 1999 - the anaheim pond. i know from reading this forum that many fans have been following the RS since the very beginning, and have seen WAY more shows, but it is crazy to think about catching these guys over the past 14+ years: 14 shows, 3 different types of venues, 3 different cities, and it was all from no security. i loved their music from early on, but seeing them live (especially the no security shows), sealed the deal. hopeful that they come around once more and if they do, i'll do my best to make at least one more show. but no security sealed it.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 12, 2014 05:34

My favorite tour!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 12, 2014 09:08

The best I ever saw them, the best I ever will.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: December 12, 2014 09:39

Saw them in Santiago de Compostela. They were on fire and the opening with jumping Jack flash was great. Also first time I Heard you got the silver, an awesome moment for me. First row in b-stage, fantastic. I went to that concert having had surgery for apendicitis two days before the show!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 12, 2014 12:25

capsula
Saw them in Santiago de Compostela. They were on fire and the opening with jumping Jack flash was great. Also first time I Heard you got the silver, an awesome moment for me. First row in b-stage, fantastic. I went to that concert having had surgery for apendicitis two days before the show!

This wasn't technically the No Security Tour anymore, but the Bridges To Babylon Tour 97/98/99

NS was indoor and North America only

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 12, 2014 17:37

lem motlow
someone on another thread said the stones were probably playing better from 89 on than in the 1970's-

at which point i nearly spit coffee all over my desk because i was taking a drink at the time.i then laughed/coughed for 5 minutes.

i saw detroit and las vegas on the no securtiy tour and it was as close to the real deal as i've seen in the modern era.they just flat out kicked ass,it was the first arena tour in years,the first time they opened with jjf since 69,the 30th anniversary of the 69 tour-they were in great shape and really tight after doing bridges to babylon right before it...just great.some of the best live stones i've ever seen.

Aighh, a bit early for it to be the 30th anniversary since it was in November of 1969!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 12, 2014 17:55

Dan
The first part of the tour was amazing with both setlist and energy output but toward the end it seemed like they were going through the motions. Saw this tour 7 times. Oakland 1/25/99 is still one of my top 3 favorite Stones shows ever.

I was at this great show too. I think(not sure) they played Heart of Stone.

Date: December 12, 2014 18:29

MKjan
Dan
The first part of the tour was amazing with both setlist and energy output but toward the end it seemed like they were going through the motions. Saw this tour 7 times. Oakland 1/25/99 is still one of my top 3 favorite Stones shows ever.

Don't think so...from our own iorr.org archive:

Jumping Jack Flash
Live With Me
Respectable
You Got Me Rocking
Undercover of the Night
Moonlight Mile
Shine a Light
Some Girls
Paint It Black
-- Introductions --
You Got The Silver (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Out Of Control
Route 66 (B-stage)
I Just Wanna Make Love to You (B-stage)
Honky Tonk Women (B-stage)
Saint of Me
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Midnight Rambler (encore)
Sympathy for the Devil (encore)

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: December 12, 2014 18:43

I travelled from Milan to Boston just to see two shows on the No Security Tour and I will never regret: wonderful!

Date: December 12, 2014 18:56

MKjan
Dan

That was on the Licks tour at the Aragon?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:03

I heard the tour was very insecure...

Date: December 12, 2014 19:04

Did they play the "No Security"-version of TD?

Date: December 12, 2014 19:13

DandelionPowderman
MKjan
Dan

That was on the Licks tour at the Aragon?

He probably means the Licks Tour in Oakland.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:27

This is an old thread from 2006. Please DO NOT start posting on threads that are 8 years old !!!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home