Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Jaggers unite for grandad Joe's funeral
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:17

Last updated at 00:00am on 29th November 2006
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

(More pictures on Daily Mail website at link above.)

They have not always have seen eye to eye. But the ex-wives, former lovers and current girlfriend of Mick Jagger united to support him as he said a final farewell to his beloved father Joe.

Wearing a blacksuit and tie the rockstar looked stricken with grief as he welcomed mourners to the funeral service close to his Richmond home.

He was accompanied by his 39-year-old American girlfriend L’Wren Scott who wore a black suit and dark sunglasses.

However his ex-wives Jerry Hall and Bianca Jagger, and ex-girlfriend Marsha Hunt also attended to pay their respects along with their children, including Jade Jagger and Elizabeth and Georgia Jagger.

Sir Mick was devastated by the death of his father, a former PE teacher, earlier this month from pneumonia.

Since his mother Eva died in May 2000 he had been extremely protective of the 93-year-old, whom he considered to be the greatest influence in his life.

Mr Jagger was admitted to hospital at the start of the month after injuring himself in a fall at his Surrey home.

His condition suddenly deteriorated hours after his son returned to the U.S. for the Rolling Stones’ A Bigger Bang World Tour after being told his father was improving.

Yesterday the 63-year-old looked deep in thought as he stood by the door of St Mary’s College church in Teddington to greet music legends including Sir Bob Geldof and Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts.

Sir Mick’s younger brother Chris helped carry the coffin inside for the emotional 40 minute service.

Afterwards the star managed to raise a smile as he spoke to the vicar.

Meanwhile Miss Hall, 50, looked pale faced under her beret as she left the service, while 22-year-old Elizabeth, her eldest child by Jagger, wiped away tears.

Family members stood in a line outside the church to watch the coffin being driven away.

An onlooker said: "Sir Mick looked very sad as he looked at his father’s coffin. He did smile a few times but he was very reflective looking most of the time. He seemed really grateful for the support of all the family members he had around him."

Jewellery designer Jade Jagger, who was dressed in a military style black jacket, was accompanied to the funeral by her two daughters, Assisi, 14, and Amba, ten, while American singer Miss Hunt attended with her daughter by Jagger, 35-year-old Karis.

Onlookers, including college students who had heard the ceremony was happening and wanted to see the stars attending the funeral, were amazed to see so many of the Rolling Stones' glamorous women and all but one of his seven children gathered in one place.

Marsha Hunt, 60, was there with her daughter by Jagger, 35-year-old mother of two Karis.

The iconic American singer, who last year revealed she was battling breast cancer, had an affair with Sir Mick, who is worth around £175 million, in 1970.

The star refused to accept financial responsibility for the baby and she was forced to fight the notoriously tightfisted singer through the courts to win maintenance.

However the two buried the hatchet and are now good friends who talk regularly and see each other from time to time.

When Karis, who lives in LA, married in 2002 the pair jointly hosted her wedding.

Bianca Jagger attended with her daughter Jade and her children Assisi, 14, and Amber, 10.

The Nicaraguan-born former model married Sir Mick in St Tropez a year after his fling with Miss Hunt after meeting him at a Stones concert after party.

She was 21 and already four months pregnant with Jade by the time they wed.

Their relationship was notoriously volatile and the 55-year-old has since said they were too young and she found it impossible to fit in with his rock and roll life.

The marriage finally hit the rocks for good when she discovered he had been having an affair with Jerry Hall, whom he met while she was engaged to Roxy Music's Bryan Ferry.

Bianca filed for divorce in November 1979, on the grounds of his adultery, and went on to carve a career for herself as an American-based documentary maker.

Sir Mick went on to move in with Miss Hall, now 50, and he asked her to marry him after she became sick of his constantly roving eyes.

They went on to have four children together, Elizabeth, 22, James, 21, Georgia May 13, and Gabrielle, seven who also attended the funeral.

The couple were together for 23 years but the Texan model filed for divorce in 1999 after discovering he had had a fling with Brazilian model Luciana Morad while the band toured Rio in 1999.

The affair, which resulted in the birth of his son Lucas, now seven, was the last straw for Miss Hall.

Until recently Miss Hall and Miss Jagger lived next door to each other but she was thought to be unhappy when he moved in his present girlfriend, American L'Wren Scott who is 6ft 4ins.

The two women are said to have a somewhat chilly relationship and the singer and Miss L'Wren currently live in a suite at Claridges.

Re: The Jaggers unite for grandad Joe's funeral
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 29, 2006 06:08

triplelicks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Until recently Miss Hall and Miss Jagger lived
> next door to each other but she was thought to be
> unhappy when he moved in his present girlfriend,
> American L'Wren Scott who is 6ft 4ins.

Who is miss jagger???

lots of gossip in this article...

too bad the end of this leg of the tour had to start off with a funeral.

my best to the family.

Posted by: southboundtrain ()
Date: November 29, 2006 06:41

I think the "Miss Jagger" is a typo. I don't think they're talking about Bianca.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:04

who is the woman in front of mick - that's not jerry is it? and is the 2nd one georgia? i only recognize elizabeth and l'wren.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:25

Mick's holding on to Georgia............in front is Suzanne Accosta, wife of Bill Wyman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-29 07:36 by Rip This.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:27

little queenie....for more shots click on
above link and go to see more photos.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:29

They are dumbos at the Daily Mail (as if proof were needed). The caption for the photo of L'Wren on their website describes her as "Mick's ex-girlfriend, Luciana Morad".

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:31

Rip This Wrote:
> in front is Suzanne Accosta, ex wife of Bill Wyman.

ex?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:44

Wow, what a trip. This has got to be the first, and probably the last time all of mick's women were in the same place at the same time. I guess with the exception of marianne faithfull. I didn't hear anything about her being there. But it does say a lot for mick and his father that these women and all of his children all wanted to pay their respects. The man has some powerful charisma.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 07:56

I'm a bit surprised that none of the other Stones were there apart from Charlie, unless they were and they just weren't mentioned.

Date: November 29, 2006 09:54

[www.mirror.co.uk]
29 November 2006

BYE DAD
JAGGER PAIN SHOWS AT FATHER'S FUNERAL
By Tom Pettifor

HAGGARD with grief, Sir Mick Jagger says farewell at the funeral of his beloved father Joe yesterday.

Mick, 63, was joined by his wide family at a Catholic chapel in a college where Joe, 93, was formerly a lecturer in PE. The Rolling Stone arrived with girlfriend L'Wren Scott, 39.

Already inside were first wife Bianca, 61, his wife of 20 years Jerry Hall, 50, and Marsha Hunt, 60, with their daughter Karis, 36.

Jade, 35 - Mick's daughter by Bianca - also attended along with Jerry's children Elizabeth, 22, James, 20, Georgia May, 15, and Gabriel, nine. Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood, 59, and Charlie Watts, 65, were there with their wives as well as Bob Geldof. Mick read out a moving eulogy to the dad who once branded the Stones' hits as "jungle music".

His brother Chris, 58, sang a specially composed song and all joined in singing Joe's favourite melody, Morning has Broken.

As he left, Mick was comforted by his girlfriend and chatted with priest Father Gerard Devlin. A private burial took place later.

Joe died of pneumonia two weeks ago after a fall at his home in Richmond, South West London. His proudest moment came when he saw Mick knighted at Buckingham Palace in 2003. His wife Eva, 87, died in 2000.

tom.pettifor@mirror.co.uk

Date: November 29, 2006 10:00

[www.thesun.co.uk]
(pictures included at above link)

Loves back Mick at dad funeral

By THOMAS WHITAKER
Showbiz Reporter
November 29, 2006

GRIEVING Mick Jagger was comforted by the women in his life at his dad’s funeral yesterday.

The Rolling Stones singer had current girlfriend L’Wren Scott, ex-wives Bianca Jagger and Jerry Hall, and former lover Marsha Hunt for support. Mick, 63, sobbed as father Joe — who died aged 93 — was buried after a private service.

Also there were Mick’s children Karis, 36, Jade, 35, Elizabeth, 22, James, 21, Georgia 14, and Gabriel, eight.

An onlooker said: “Mick looked like he was overcome with the emotion. He had to be comforted by Georgia and L’Wren. You could see the tears rolling down his cheeks.”

Stones drummer Charlie Watts, rocker Bob Geldof and Suzanne Accosta, wife of former Stones bass player Bill Wyman, were among mourners.

Mick — who had a hit album Emotional Rescue — did a reading at St Mary’s College Chapel in Twickenham, West London.

The family plan to have a private memorial service later.

Hours earlier Mick had flown in from the US at the end of the Stones’ tour.

Posted by: DCChris ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:26

where was Keith?

Posted by: DCChris ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:29

DCChris Wrote:
> where was Keith?

was Mick at Bert´s funeral?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 29, 2006 12:16

Jimmy Page was not here for Plant's son funeral
Charlie has been always here for support in any circumstances. you're the man Charlie !

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 29, 2006 13:15

Wow, the tabloids don't even have some respect for Jagger when he is attending the funeral of his own father!!! IMO they should not post an article like that, let the man have some privacy. But ok they do, and what is the article about? Not his father but about all the women Jagger has dated or married. Tasteless if you'd ask me!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:07

Wuudy Wrote:
> Wow, the tabloids don't even have some respect for
> Jagger when he is attending the funeral of his own
> father!!! IMO they should not post an article like
> that, let the man have some privacy. But ok they
> do, and what is the article about? Not his father
> but about all the women Jagger has dated or
> married. Tasteless if you'd ask me!!!!

i agree.......grieving should be a private affair........but, nothing is sacred to the scumbag press

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:12

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
> Wuudy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow, the tabloids don't even have some respect
> for
> > Jagger when he is attending the funeral of his
> own
> > father!!! IMO they should not post an article
> like
> > that, let the man have some privacy. But ok
> they
> > do, and what is the article about? Not his
> father
> > but about all the women Jagger has dated or
> > married. Tasteless if you'd ask me!!!!
>
>
> i agree.......grieving should be a
> private affair........but, nothing is sacred to
> the scumbag press

Yes, it's embarrassing I agree. Unfortunately nothing seems to be off limits to some of Britain's tabloids, the Daily Mail and the Daily Mirror spring to mind as being some of the grubbiest in this respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-29 14:13 by paulywaul.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:13

I also agree that this shouldn't be in the press. Yes, he's a celeberty, but he is also a human with rights to a private life! Especially under these circumstances.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:24

..yet you/we are happy to speculate, at length, about who was present/who wasn't present, and pour over photos from the occasion.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:32

I actually haven't been speculating about who was there and have really only glanced at the photos because I don't think it is my/our buisness, and especially not the buisness of the person who wrote the article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-29 14:33 by cali stones fan.

Date: November 29, 2006 14:37

Adrian-L Wrote:
> ..yet you/we are happy to speculate, at length,
> about who was present/who wasn't present, and pour
> over photos from the occasion.

Exactly. Well-said. This forum sometimes is worse than tabloids. But we have the right. Or do we ?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:37

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-05 21:34 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:48

Yeah, where was Keith? Maybe it is a thing between them, they used to be so close and now they have this distant relation based on their history. Egos clashing perhaps. Had he been there focus would have been on Keith and Mick and not the funural of his father. In what ways was his father the big inspiration? Apart from being a father I mean.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 29, 2006 14:49

Adrian-L Wrote:
> ..yet you/we are happy to speculate, at length,
> about who was present/who wasn't present, and pour
> over photos from the occasion.

Am I/are we ? I personally don't give a toss which of his wives, ex-wives, other women or kids was there. It's one thing reading it in a paper if the article is in there and you're working your way through the paper, it's quite another taking a specific interest in it and "speculating at length". I'm more interested in Mick Jagger the Rolling Stones frontman than Mick Jagger the funeral attendee myself, don't know about anyone else !

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 29, 2006 15:26

Wuudy Wrote:
> Tasteless if you'd ask me!!!!

Tabloids are nothing if not tasteless - though that's a polite way of describing them.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 29, 2006 15:48

If Keith did not attend Mick's father's funeral that is beyond repulsive. There is no excuse unless he was told not to attend. These men are millionaires who can fly anywhere on a private jet at the drop of a dime.

I had a falling out with my best friend and when his father died last year I still attended. It is about respect.

That is why the ex-wives showed up. It is their childrens grandfather.

I hope he attended.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 29, 2006 21:00

Apparenty Charlie and Ronnie (plus their wives) attended. Keith did not. In my opinion he should certainly have been there. I have been at a few of my friends parents funerals. Its part of being a friend. Its a shame Keith couldnt do it. Then again - I'm not sure if Mick was at Berts funeral, tho I think Keith was at Micks mothers funeral - so, who knows!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 29, 2006 21:33

Still, I can't believe he wouldn't attend. Nor Mick for Keith's loss. If that is the case then what does that say about the unity of the band? Are they just out there for profit only and can't stand eachother once the show is over?

After 50 years of friendship and no respect for the loss of a parent?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 29, 2006 21:43

sigh: people judging others on the basis of sheer speculation again -
in fact we don't know anything about it, nor is it any of our business.

love & light to Joe and to Mick and the whole Jagger tribe

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home