Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q about DIRTY STRANGERS
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 25, 2006 11:54

What is that?? Keith and Ronnie plays on a record by this band or is this the record? Does anybody have a clue?

Re: Q about DIRTY STRANGERS
Posted by: JK ()
Date: May 25, 2006 12:13

It was a band and album, When they were recording album MTV Europe (VJ Steve Blame)
had NEWS: "The Rolling Stones have split and Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood have joined a band called Dirty Strangers".

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 25, 2006 12:55

I have the cd, and as I recall it's a fair "Stones-y"bar band, little more, and with none of the greatness. Ron & Keith are all over the album, but on different songs, so you don't hear them together. The material is very banal. I think they were bored after "Dirty Work"

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 25, 2006 14:08

I agree with JohnR; just don't see what Ron and Keith saw in them. There's some straight-up guitars but chances are they are by the two great ones.
NP - "Middle of the Sea" from Voodoo Mass & Fetishes

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:51

I have the album AND the cd. On the album both Keith and Ronnie are credited with contributing, which they both did. The cd cover, which is exactly the same as the album cover clery has, at leat one of their names air brushed out. i am doing this from memory so i donty recall if it is both of them or just Keith. Anyone know the story behind that?

By the way, the music is not bad.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:59

I bought the cd but have never even played it. I was pissed because it says Ronnie is only on maybe two songs and doesn't have Keith's name anywhere. What songs does Keith play on?

Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: May 25, 2006 16:13

I got the cd too, and I think it´s cool, but I heard from a friend in London that a lot of people were disappointed when it came out, cause they was a great live act. On my disc, there´s a sticker on the front, saying Performances by: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and some other guys. Keith plays on Thrill Of The Thrill, Wide Boys and Slim Pickings, Oh Yeah, Didn´t Want To Be An Angel, Bathing Belles and the last song, Diamonds. Ronnie is on two tracks.

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]
------------------------------

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 25, 2006 18:03

it's arguably the worst CD in my collection of over 4,500....yes, it's THAT bad....

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 25, 2006 18:09

Pretty much got it for my collection but have not even bothered with it. This and Willie and the Poor Boys I got and never listen to.

Also got the first solo Bill Wyman cd just for the collection, but I stopped there. Didn't bother with Bills other cds, they would just collect dust.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home