Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Brian Jones
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 20, 2006 19:11

Before Brian passed on at Cothford Farm he was thinking about making a new band and was heavily into Creedance Clearwater Revival. I just wondered if anyone knows of any recordings were made of Brian trying out any new material, or anything alike. Its a shame he is not here.

Re: Brian Jones
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 20, 2006 19:12

There are no recordings.

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: January 20, 2006 19:32

I don't think there are any recording either.
It is a shame he is not still here.
Wondering what the movie will be like,
I guess we won't know till March

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 20, 2006 20:33

they said that his house was robbed after his death...but i bet he didn't have any recordings anyway..sad!

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: January 20, 2006 20:42

The recordings were said to be hidden in his basement; last known person to have them was Les Perrin (stones PR) 's wife. They have since vanished. Supposedly he was about to release a single with his new band.

Date: January 20, 2006 21:24

Thanks for this response.Recently the UKs biggest Stones collector paid me a visit. I respect him by not mentioning his name. He said his only rival was Bill Wyman. So if there is a recording of Brians last musically ideas maybe only the rich or powerful has it hidden in a vault. What a shame.So the dollar rules, unfortunately.Looking forward to see a bronze statue of Brian in his home town.RIP buddy.

Date: January 20, 2006 21:29

Unfortunately many things were stolen from Cotchford within hours of Brian's death....which have shown up over the years for auction or sold to stones fans/collectors. These things should really be going to his family and kids.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:45

What other stuff has turned up Miss U? Clothes?

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:59

I'm sure there arent any recordings, that is, produced and planned for release. No way. He was planning to die and that was a better exit. Two days before Taylors official debute with rumours of a new supergroup.

Date: January 20, 2006 22:01

To my learned Stones friends. My opinon is that Brian did make recordings of his new ideas. I am a muscian and all muscians know that when you rehearse or try a new idea the first thing you do is record it. Even if it is on the worlds cheapest tape recorder.I'm sure someone has them. So please come forward.

Date: January 20, 2006 23:45

if it was any good i think someone would have cashed in years ago when brian had a bigger name...and i do think keith and mick and bill and even stu, who all said that brian couldn't write songs...thats another reason andrew oldham didn't have mick and brian team up to write. plus i don't ever remember reading or hearing brian complain about not getting to write any stones tracks....he could take a track and make it sound much better but putting together a song himself...well i don't think so.....or it would have come to life after all theses years!
time waits for no one......

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:48

They exist...dont ask, I dont have them...but they do exist...

JR

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:51

>> i don't ever remember reading or hearing Brian complain about not getting to write any Stones tracks <<

in Nankering With the Stones James Phelge mentions Brian being unhappy that the Stones weren't considering recording songs he'd written.

Date: January 20, 2006 23:53

i hope your right JR...i loved brian jones and would love to hear something other than ruby tuesday.....aftermath, between the buttons, flowers, tsmr...ha
i know jagger/richard is credit for them but brian made them great!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:08

Literally EVERYONE from or around the Stones, friend or enemey of Jones, have stated in interviews that Brian's main problem was that he couldn't write songs. He was brilliant at working on great ideas on various instruments on songs written by other people, but according to almost everybody who was around, Brian never wrote anything. The only song that he has credit for, was a 12 bar blues for the Kellogs commercial.

It probably is a very romantic idea to think that during the last couple months of Brian's live he was struck by lightning and instantly had the talent to write great songs, that he recorded hours of tape of his own work, together with bands that in fact never even visited his house. These recordings of course were stolen and ever since kept secret as it would reveil why Bush invaded Iraq.

Mathijs

Date: January 21, 2006 00:21

Those who are informed on the subject of Brian Jones, know that his peers such as Alexis Korner, and Steve Marriott have commented in the past that Brian was forming his own band. I believe Bill Wyman also makes a very brief comment about this in 25 x 5. Brian did write songs, and his father has said in 1969 Brian played for him on guitar a song he was writing called Honky Tonk Women.
He also wrote the score for the movie Degree of Murder:

[www.geocities.com]

and wrote Sure I Do.

SURE I DO (Brian Jones)* Rec: Nov. 20 or 21, 1963** Rel: Not released. There's a myth that Brian never wrote a song. That's not true. SURE I DO exists on tape and acetate. It was published by Posner music Co.,and is reportedly a slow number with Brian singing the lead vocal in his soft spoken mellifluous style speaking voice, not his raspy singing voice. The Stones appear as a unit on this tune. Brian told a ROLLING STONES MONTHLY reporter as late as '66 that he'd like to record "himself...I've got a fairly good voice for folky material";(RS Monthly #23, 4/66)- I always think his rasp would have served the band well on the occasional blues, myself.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:25

[mickijaggeroo.proboards38.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 21, 2006 00:31

>> Carr said that when he left Jones for the last time, during the afternoon of July 3, the rock star seemed at peace. <<

well ... i hope so, since Brian died during the night of july 2nd/3rd.
so did you hear those tapes, Vilhelm? what's on them?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:50

Brian wrote TONS of stuff, just was never credited...Listen to the riff on the last time....it has to be Brians riff...I think if Keef had written it, he'd have played it...Andrew took all of the early stuff that Brian and Bill wrote, and made it Jagger / Richard...just to compete with Lennon /McCartney....

JMHO

JR

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:52

stone-relic, I just notice that's not coherent with Jones' own complain. He said they'd never play him - if what you say was true, he'd complain of being ripped off.

Date: January 21, 2006 00:55

Miss U. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those who are informed on the subject of Brian
> Jones, know that his peers such as Alexis Korner,
> and Steve Marriott have commented in the past that
> Brian was forming his own band. I believe Bill
> Wyman also makes a very brief comment about this
> in 25 x 5.

You (again) forget to mention that all musicians approached turned down Brian's offer as he was in no state to make music, let alone tour.

> Brian did write songs, and his father
> has said in 1969 Brian played for him on guitar a
> song he was writing called Honky Tonk Women.

If Brian did play HTW for his father (btw, in earlier posts you always stated Brian's father had tapes of Brian playing HTW), he played a song written by MJ/KR, and the finally released version features a lick "borrowed" from Ry Cooder, inspired by Mick Taylor.

> He also wrote the score for the movie Degree of
> Murder:
>

Did you ever listen to it? What do you reckon: is that songs he wrote, or is it just sounds and noises?

> and wrote Sure I Do.
>
> SURE I DO (Brian Jones)* Rec: Nov. 20 or 21,
> 1963** Rel: Not released. There's a myth that
> Brian never wrote a song. That's not true. SURE I
> DO exists on tape and acetate. It was published by
> Posner music Co.,and is reportedly a slow number
> with Brian singing the lead vocal in his soft
> spoken mellifluous style speaking voice, not his
> raspy singing voice. The Stones appear as a unit
> on this tune. Brian told a ROLLING STONES MONTHLY
> reporter as late as '66 that he'd like to record
> "himself...I've got a fairly good voice for folky
> material";(RS Monthly #23, 4/66)- I always think
> his rasp would have served the band well on the
> occasional blues, myself.

Yep, there is an acetate of a song written by Brian that no one has ever heard. So he wrote TWO songs in 7 years time: one R&B standard 12-bar blues with lyrics by Thompson, and one track that no one has ever heard.

Why are you constantly trying to make Brian look better by spreading false information? Brian was a founding member of the second best group in the world, and he has recorded marvelous pieces of music, still being listened to 35 years later. Isn't that enough?

Mathijs

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:05

stone-relics wrote;

Brian wrote TONS of stuff, just was never credited...Listen to the riff on the last time....it has to be Brians riff...I think if Keef had written it, he'd have played it...Andrew took all of the early stuff that Brian and Bill wrote, and made it Jagger / Richard...just to compete with Lennon /McCartney....

Huh???? Brian and Bill wrote???
c`mon this can`t be serious, with altough respect, Brain is a great musician, and Bill a good bass player, but they can`t make songs like Jagger/Richards does!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:10

"..... but they can`t make songs like Jagger/Richards does!"

Well, if Bills right, he came up with the mainriff for JJF, that´s a pretty important Stones song, don´t you think?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 21, 2006 01:16

I agree, but he said that so many times, and so long, and ( i`m don`t know him personaly) knowing the man, if that was true, he would never ever let them away with that. Bill is a man who always keep his hand on the money wich he earnt, and if he write the main riff of JJF he sure made that his name was on the list, and he was credit for it.

Date: January 21, 2006 01:21

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "..... but they can`t make songs like
> Jagger/Richards does!"
>
> Well, if Bills right, he came up with the mainriff
> for JJF, that´s a pretty important Stones song,
> don´t you think?
>

You as a musician must know the difference between playing a great riff, and making a million selling song out of it.

And by the way, there's only one person in this world who tells this story, and that's Wyman. All others (Watts, Jimmy Miller) state it was written by Jagger and Richards.

Mathijs

Date: January 21, 2006 01:23

Mathijs, you've put your foot in your mouth. Alexis Korner was advising Brian on his new band, so clearly there WAS a new band contrary to the lies you've tried to write here. You're the one trying to spread disinformation.
And yes, Alexis declined to join the new band. That's besides the point.

Contrary to what you wrote, I've never stated anywhere that Brian's father had TAPES of Brian playing HTW!!! I have always said that Brian's father has said Brian played HTW for him in person in 1969, on guitar, and that Brian told him at the time it was a song he was writing.
Everytime I say this on here, you try to dispute it by making up some lies or putting words in my mouth.

Yes, I've heard and seen Degree Of Murder, it's quite good and obviously others think so since Brian won an award at Cannes.

Date: January 21, 2006 01:25

>> Well, if Bills right, he came up with the mainriff for JJF <<

smile: ahh but Keith plays it, so that proves he wrote it.

(sorry, i don't mean to muddle the discussion by being facetious - it's just real puzzling to me that people keep repeating "Brian played the riff in The Last Time, so he must have written it", as if only composers ever play anything. if there is any evidence that Brian wrote it - other than "i think he did" - i would love to hear it.)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:30

Bill wrote Je Suis Un Rock Star, didnt he? grinning smiley

Date: January 21, 2006 01:31

He was planning to form a band just like CCR, but he also was looking for a conception like Cream, he had that kind of plans, but he never get the change of getting it! The whole story is sad!

Date: January 21, 2006 01:33

Bill wrote Je Suis Un Rock Star, didnt he?

Hahahaha yess a all time classic!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home