Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cardiff - The Lowdown
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 12, 2005 10:48

Ok- went to the massive "Noise and Confusion" gig,
on saturday (10th Dec), featuring The Foo Fighters and Oasis,
at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff.

Parking in the city centre, is minimal. There are afew "pay and display", carparks 10-15 min walk , from the stadium, but you have to be in town early, to grab your spot, in one of those.
Good value for money though=£5 for 12 hours.
"Park and Ride", is the other alternative, if you're going into Cardif by car.
There are large carparks, outside the city, and they ferry you into the heart of Cardiff by bus. It's all pretty well organised, and entering the city, and exiting, with 70,000 others, was fairly smooth and stress-free.

There are plenty of restaurants and eateries, of every description, in Cardiff, enough choice to cater for any taste. As you would expect, from the capital city of Wales, there is no shortage of bars/pubs either.
Brains bitter- the local ale is , delicious, and comes highly recommended!

5 Minutes walk from the stadium is a new development/arcade, of restaurants and bars, called "The Brewery". It's brand-spanking new, and houses a couple of Tex-mex restaurants, bars, and the recently opened "Hard Rock Cafe".
As you can imagine, is was packed to the rafters on saturday lunchtime,but the atmosphere was terrific and the drink was flowing.

Ok- the stadium... good sound quality, on the pitch,
down the front- no problems.
Took a walk towards the back of the pitch, mid-evening, before the Foo's ,hit the stage, and took a seat for half an hour, in the lower tier, at the back. There's no echo to report, but the sound was definetely not as clear and was slightly muffled.
Maybe, this was down to the stadium roof, being closed.
I suspect, that next August, for The Stones, the roof will be open, and that should alleviate any "muffling" or decline in sound quality.

The concources, behind the seating in the lower tier, were very narrow, and became, dangerously crowded, with thousands, queuing for beer, hotdogs and the toilets.
Ahhhhh...the toilets.... not great - i must report. By 7pm, they were more or less flooded (mind you, people were urinating in the sinks).

I'd certainly advice, on eating and drinking before you enter the stadium- it was pandemonium, inside, and overpriced, for poor quality food and drink.

Exiting the stadium, at 10.30pm, was quick and easy, and we were back, over the Severn Bridge, in England, only half an hour after leaving Cardiff.

I hope this report, helps, those of you, planning a trip to Cardiff, next August. You can expect a really enjoyable, vibrant city...you won't be disappointed. (Just be aware of the flooded toilets!)

Re: Cardiff - The Lowdown
Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 12, 2005 10:51

What about the concert itself !!

Date: December 12, 2005 10:59

The Subways / The Coral / Razorlight / Foo Fighters / Oasis.
£35 a ticket -9 hours of music- 70,000 fans

Foo Fighters, probably just about edged it over Oasis , on the night.
There was bit more urgency, about their set, Dave Grohl was rockin'
(although he complained about a bad throat- beware if you have tickets for rest of the Foo's tour!) and the guitars were smokin'.
Fine support , from The Subways and The Coral.
I hate Razorlight, with a passion- so you're not going to get me, to say anything positive about them!
A great day- though a stadium gig, in Wales, in December is coooold- roof closed or not!!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 12, 2005 12:08

Cheers Adrian.

Date: December 12, 2005 16:02

no problem- The Stones at the Millenium Stadium, should be a great gig... (preferably with the roof open)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 12, 2005 16:44

Cant wait as its a good town and a great stadium as well.Even thou its took me all the weekend to get over the fact that i had great £60 tickets and the bloody computer froze on me and went for the £40 ones instead after eventually getting through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home