Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith On Methadone
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: November 4, 2005 19:07

Ive heard some rumours that keith is on methadone- the heroin substitute this toue and every tour since 81/82 when he supposedly kicked the habbit- Im not stating this is true or not but ive heard about it- does anyone know if its true?

Re: Keith On Methadone
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 4, 2005 19:17

I DON'T THINK SO....i'm sure its not true..plus i don't really think you can drink when your on that stuff!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 4, 2005 19:32

Sure you can. I know some people that have taken that before they go out to the bars. Depends how strong it is or how much you take but I know people who have taken it for recreational purposes. Not sure about Keith though.

Re: Keith Is Not On Methadone
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 4, 2005 19:39

... and what i think is that one way gormless rumours like that get perpetuated
is by people using sensationalistic thread titles that sound like statements instead of questions.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 4, 2005 20:07

I would not rule it out; William Burroughs was on it in his later years. Jim Carroll in his 2nd volume of diaries describes Keith drinking methadone (as part of a 'Keith coctail') in 1980, when KR played at JC's Ritz show (this guest shot took place when Carroll was still ostensibly signed to Rolling Stones Records)...You can drink, just as you can on any opiate, especially if you're on a regular maintainence dose that doesn't in itself get you high.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 4, 2005 20:30

Why would he? It's usually used to help people get off smack. What would be the reason he'd have gone for methadone instead of regular H?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 4, 2005 20:45

Methadone pretty much gives a heroin-like high and is as addictive as heroin, right?

I suppose the benefits are it's safer, purer, easier to control dosage, etc.

It's the first time I've ever heard this rumor with respect to Keith though.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 4, 2005 22:22

sure , and he'd be dead 10 years ago if this were the case.

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: November 4, 2005 22:28

well you can get methadone to help you quit heroin but you can also get on a methadone maintenance program which you can be on indefinetly...they give ya a nice little kit to take home with you and you check in for refills once a month...if ya use it all up ahead of time you are s.o.l. hahaha...since keef quit almost 30 years ago, I would doubt that he is still on maintenance but he might have been for a while ...

Date: November 5, 2005 07:01

Methadone does not get you high if you use it regularly, you quickly build up a tolerance, and the point would be to make it more difficult to get high on heroin (you'd have to use considerably more to cut thru the M) - If one uses methadone recreationally, one can get high. Methadone, apart from its addictive properties, is pretty harmless, & is useful for those who have tried but can't stay off heroin.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: November 5, 2005 11:01

Like nicotine gum with smokers?

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: November 5, 2005 11:13

Since he dabbled with H in the late 90s, why not? His lifestyle hasnt changed since he got off smack, he still ha that need for touring etc. Maybe he needs it?

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 5, 2005 11:42

Rubbish.

Date: November 5, 2005 15:45

Reptile, yes, except Methadone is ironically more addictive than Heroin (minus the high) in that the halflife is longer (over 24 hours, thus withdrawal takes longer). I've seen/heard numerous reports that Keith still 'dabbles' - and btw did anybody read that amazing, intoxicated "Q" interview (as in pulling a ratchet on Ron, the Mick-has-a-small-cock but Big Balls comment, the tour Bill Of Rights ("...anybody who snitches gets strung up by the testicles...") and much else from a guy who's never going to get domesticated by any recovery program, tho he might possibly (I wouldn't bet the rent) do it his own way if potentially serious health problems necessitate - meaning drugs/alcohol generally - perhaps especially alcohol.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 5, 2005 22:02

John R...I thought that Q Interview was shockingingly tasteless. I usually enjoy Keith's caustic wit, but he was WAAAY over the line. He came off as a grumpy old prick...he certainly did himself NO favors with that interview.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-05 22:03 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Jones679 ()
Date: November 6, 2005 14:59

If You all want to know the 100% truth no B.S. At all I know! I have known Keith personnaly since 1980. How you may ask? I was married to a girl at age 18. Her name was Patti Farley. She was great friends with Bill German from Beggars Banquet. And also of course like me since age 9 an avid stones collecter also! So we got married and she tragiccaly cause of a heart problem she was born with passed away on my 21st B day at 4am in the morning! That's How I met Keith hanging out up at Bill Germans upper east side apt. Anyway Keith when he got busted in 77 in Toronto had a Dr. Margerate Patterson flown in from London. She had gotten Pete Townsend and Eric Clapton off of the dope habits also. She swore to Judge Block she knew she could positively get Keith off of heroin. She invented a little black box that ran on a 9 volt battery and went through ohms and you could change the frequency's from 10mhx up to 90 mhz. I raced motocross and was a pro. And got hurt and I was put on Methadone and started liking it and abusing it also! Keith sent me to England where Dr. Meg Patterson treated me in a hidden place it was at the church hill eye clinic in london.I had to stay on it for ten day's these wires connect to your ears positive and negative and I remember 70mhz was for methadone and when my sneezing was like 70 at a time I remember she told me you can switch it to 80mhz thats for heroin put on that frequency for a bit and it will help the sneezes etc.. And that is how Keith got off! As far as does he dabble as a friend I don't talk about personal things but once in a while yes. Other than that he has been CLEAN! Also one more thing! He said I will quote Methadone is a goverment money making racket! And if your going to get high you might as well use smack! So there you have it in a nut shell on my deceased wife all 100% true I have many funny stories I could tell you that are connected to this But for now I wanted to set the record straight! P.S. As far as that seventies blood change thank the media for that One time & ONE TIME ONLY he did have 1quart of blood clean blood transfused into him when he was sick so when he went to get into switzerland he would be clean! And then of course he fixed up fast! And was fine and never did that ever again it was a desperate attempt not to lose his touring visa like Brian did! Also Meg Patterson was a very sweet old lady and she recently died of a stroke I am in her book called "Getting of the hook" On the inside Keith say's it's wierd when you should be incredibly sick you feel fine etc..Now a place in florida in the us took over the rights?? for the box which is now more sophisticated and can be programmed to be switched frequencies etc.. Example 15 hours on 70mhz for Methadone and 9 hours on 10mhz for valium etc.. It can get you off of more than one drug at once although works best if only getting off of one every ten day's obviously. One more thing she told me cause methadone is so hard to kick was off the record 100% She said if you had had been able to get pur heroin I would have told you to do that in place of methadone and the detox on the box would have been a lot easier etc.. So what you have just read hear is fact! that is a promise to all you stones fans I know Vic and would not B.S. You guy's Please look up what I wrote on another post I would appreciate to know if anyone has what I am talking about on thaT RECENT POST. tHIS IS THE SECOND POST i MADE HERE IN LIKE 3 YEARS AND ONLY BECAUSE i CAME TO SEE IF ANYONE ANSWERE MINE! LOL i WOULD APPRECIATE ANYONE WANTING TO ASK ME SOMETHING OR ANSWER MY QUESTION TO please! e-MAIL ME AT STICKYfINGERS719@AOL.COM Thank you all so much Sincerely
Mike
DeCaro. And if Riccardo Dianco from italy is reading this a 20 year long friend Hi! E-mail me.smiling smiley

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: November 6, 2005 15:22

Jones...that was one of the most dfficult posts to read..please tell me the relevance of your motocross statement?

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: November 6, 2005 15:23

ohhh..i got it...punctuation, my man!

Posted by: Jones679 ()
Date: November 6, 2005 15:35

Hi Keefstheman! I am sorry about the writing. I was saying. I was a us pro motocrosser. And that is how I injured my back and was first introduced to Methadone the rest is history which I wrote down lol. I have known Vic a longtime! But never came to the board etc.. How come under post I do not see my posts from the 4th under Jones679? Thanks Mike DeCaro.

"If Your GOING TO KICK AUOTHORITY IN THE TEETH YOU MIGHT AS WELL USE TWO FEET!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home