Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keef and ron ‘new barbarians ‘ ancient form of weaving moments
Posted by: xpensivewino ()
Date: October 14, 2005 02:51

hello all!
just been watching the ‘lets spend the night together’ video watching the interplay between keef and ron.....i particularly love the intro to ‘beast of burden’! that for me is just one of those moments...ancient form of weaving!
i’m kinda new to the bootleg scene......just wondering about the ‘new barbarians’, are there any recorded performances worth tracking down for any ‘ancient form of weaving’ moments??
cheers!

Re: keef and ron ‘new barbarians ‘ ancient form of weaving moments
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 14, 2005 03:43

There is a fun video of the Barbs floating around. Is it from Hampton or DC? Anyway it is very enjoyable and worth finding. Look on Ebay. Otherwise, the Kilburn show from 1973? is available on cd/ and dvd also.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 14, 2005 05:24

I have 2, & the one I played most recently is the 2 cd (originally Swingin Pig label) "Buried Alive" from Largo, May 5, 1979. I't not great soundwise but has some nice ragged-to-sloppy "Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roll"er (the opener), & funky grooves from a great riddem section, & haywire guitars...Am I Grooving You is killer too. The one studio cut by the NB's was originally issued on Ian McLagan's solo debut in late '79, & this 6 minute funk/reggae track ('Truly') also appears in 12 minute form as a bonus track on McLagan's superb expanded reissue (recently released & available, signed, on his website)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-14 05:27 by john r.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 14, 2005 05:48

@john r
Where's that McLagan website? Does Ron sing on the 12 minute Truly? What's more on the album?
I love that NB stuff.

Re: Barbarians
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 14, 2005 11:38

>> Where's that McLagan website? <<

www.macspages.com
yeah, you can hear Keith and Ronnie singin real ragged & fine on the 12-minute Truly. :E
sweet album - go for it.

>> There is a fun video of the Barbs floating around. Is it from Hampton or DC? <<

one of the two Barbarians DVDs in circulation is from Largo (Maryland); the other is a (wild!) fragment of San Diego plus most of Knebworth. another one worth tracking down is that 1974 Kilburn gig by what's affectionately known in some circles as the Baby Barbarians: Ron, Keith, Mac, Willie Weeks and Andy Newmark, with Rod Stewart joining them for a couple of numbers.

- july 14th 1974, by Graham Wiltshire (Redferns)

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 14, 2005 16:14

@with sssoul
Is is the "Here comes trouble" thing advertized on the webpage? The pic with the stone face, "Here comes trouble" -- Ian McLagan?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2005 16:18

Yeah just go to Buy It...scroll down a piece.

ROCKMAN

Re: New Barbarians
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 14, 2005 16:23

yep yep yep:
[www.macspages.com]

"Here Comes Trouble:
The original 'Troublemaker' album remastered
PLUS the 4-song EP 'Last Chance To Dance'
PLUS 3 previously unreleased tracks"

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 14, 2005 16:30

Whale, when you order from Mac it's usually not like you're ordering from some anonymous sales emporium. Mac will e-mail you himself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home