Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
videos
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 12, 2005 21:14

While on the the topic of rarites, does anyoe know if there is any type of DVD bbot out there that has al the stones videos on it? they have been making them since weel before MTV ever was a gleam in some programmers eye! At least as far back to Jumping Jack Flash/Child of the Moon when they were called "promotional films."

If no such boot exists, i dont see why they havent put one out themselves. i'd love to have all of them in one place. Is Video Rewind the closestthing out there? I dont have that but probably should have bought it 20 years ago when it was actually in stores.

Re: videos
Posted by: CSD ()
Date: October 12, 2005 21:22

Yes there is a great double DVD boot called Video Rewind and More Hot Rocks which has Rewind on the first disc and nearly all their promos on the other, many taken from original master tapes. It's worth seeking out.

Date: October 12, 2005 22:35

any idea where that can be found??

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 12, 2005 22:42

HalfNanker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> any idea where that can be found??

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: October 12, 2005 23:06

Amazon.com don't usually sell bootlegs.
I would just put a wanted ad on the Buy And Sell page here & if that doesn't work, try Ebay.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: October 13, 2005 00:10

I bought my copy on E-bay. Wish I could still find the remaining videos, however. I'd love for the Stones themselves to officially release such a package.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 13, 2005 02:00

Tseverin Wrote:
> Amazon.com don't usually sell bootlegs.

My mistake, I thought HalfNanker was asking about Video Rewind.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: October 13, 2005 21:52

Rolling Stones "Rewind/Hot Rocks 65Promo Videos 2 x DVD

Halfnanker, go to ebay and type this in search.

The seller 'upemall' sells this regularly on buy-it now for £12.00.

he is reliable, fast, ships worldwide, and puts it on regularly.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2005 23:39

there's also a 4-or-5-disk anthology of promo videos out there
from the mid-60s through B2B, plus a disk of "solo" Stones videos.
it's called (cleverly enough) "video anthology";
whether it's 4 or 5 disks depends on who burned it, the content is the same.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: October 13, 2005 23:44

i'm glad i asked! this was a much more helpful message than reading endkless complaints about set lists!!

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: October 14, 2005 02:05

Thanks to scenearts especially for his tip on eBay! Just bought my copy!!!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Date: October 14, 2005 16:27

thanks all i just bought my copy too!

this seller should kick back a litle to scenearts, i bet his sales go up this week by a few!!

Date: October 14, 2005 16:31

Just to let you know of a typo on the track listing for the "Video Rewind and More Hot Rocks" DVD: the second listing of "Hang Fire" is actually a repeat of the "Highwire" video.

Still a great collection, though. Enjoy!!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Date: October 15, 2005 00:09

damn, i want my money back now!

Date: October 15, 2005 00:20

LOL!!

Date: October 22, 2005 19:12

soprry to revive this old thread, but i just got my copy and have wathed dsic 1 so far and loved it. I havenbt seen the she was Hot video in years.

Good quality, worth the price. (i assume i wont have any problems with disc II either)

anyone want a 4+ hour collection of Stones videos, its worth the 20 bucks.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: October 22, 2005 19:56

Haven't seen Video Rewind in at least a decade. This is the 1984 set w/ 'new bits' from Mick & Bill? As I recall at least IORR & She Was Hot appeared to be different mixes, or versions - SWH a bit speeded up? Or is my memory playing tricks on me? Any other variations from the records?

Date: October 22, 2005 22:59

she was hot has an extra verse between the first and second verse from the album. It seems as if al the some girls stuff i have seen so far are different cuts of the songs. Faraway eyes is a little slower. i always thought Mick was listening to gospel music on the "public" radio station, but it turns out (and i assume most knew this already) he's listening to the "colored" radio station. So not only is it fun to see some of these videos (that i havent seen in years if at all, but its great to hear alternate takes n the songs. As i said i have yet to atch disc II, but some of the old promo videos--We Love You and Have you seen you mother...--are just clips of the Stones with the music playing over them. I am not sure when they were made or why, but its fun to see them. Parts of the We Love You promo film seem to be taken from Godard's One plus One.

Anyway, it seems to be a great video history of the Stones and i recommend it. The guy on EBay was appreciative of this thread, as it appears he got a bunch of sales out of the blue after his info was posted here!!

Date: October 23, 2005 01:19

What? None of We Love You, either version, was taken from 'One Plus One' nor resembles anything like it. IMO these Whitehead films are far more powerful than any of the slick MTV type promos of recent years.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2005 01:57

Johnr...yeah video/laserdisc She Was Hot different lyrics with the "there goes the telephone line and more guitar in mix of fadeout. Quality not great but can be found on Laid In The Shade VolII - Porky Productions....worth it for the cover art.

ROCKMAN

Date: October 23, 2005 04:39

Tseverin Wrote:
> What? None of We Love You, either version, was
> taken from 'One Plus One' nor resembles anything
> like it. IMO these Whitehead films are far more
> powerful than any of the slick MTV type promos of
> recent years.

I made the one plus one reference based on the look of the studio they were in, the look of Brian Jones (much more drugged out than he was when We Love you came out and one clip of him nodding off whioch i seem to remember was in One plus One.

I could be wrong. But We love You is definintely just a bunch of video of the band thrown together with the song. its still fun to watch.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: October 23, 2005 07:27

That video rewind was just a bit too campy.

Milo, NYC
Thats what I call obscene

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: October 28, 2005 05:44

How is the quality on this : "Rewind/Hot Rocks 65Promo Videos 2 x DVD"... The DVD's with all the Stones videos on it?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: October 28, 2005 22:11

>> None of We Love You, either version, was taken from 'One Plus One' <<
>> I made the One Plus One reference based on the look of the studio they were in, the look of Brian Jones <<

i was just watching the early promo videos and thought of you two gentlemen ...
the studio footage in We Love You is partly from november 1966 and partly from july 1967;
the location for both sessions was Olympic Studios (the same setting as One Plus One).
and indeed Brian was not in good shape.

- Keith

Date: October 29, 2005 00:37

maybe the footage of brian falling asleep in One plus one was taken from the We love You session.

Either way, not a big deal and to the earlier question, the quality of the DVDs is excellent, though the one problem i have is you can't get back the menu once you start, you can skip thru one song at a time, but if i hit the menu button on my remote, it just retsrts the song you are watching. Still very much worth the price

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2005 01:49

I have Video Rewind on VHS. Shows you how long ago I have had it. It is good.
Pretty funny stuff in there. Done very tongue in cheek by Bill Wyman with Mick joining him to introduce the videos. Wish they had more Vidoes on there but it was still worth it. I watch it from time to time. I have never seen it on DVD though.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: October 29, 2005 18:23

''this seller should kick back a litle to scenearts, i bet his sales go up this week by a few!!''

Thanks..his sales did go up a bit! And he did 'kick back' my way so I was pretty made up by that...glad the tip paid some handsome results for you all! Got to go now, got a lot of video to see!!

Date: October 29, 2005 18:35

All of the footage of the Stones in One plus One was shot (directed) by Godard. All of the footage of the Stones in We Love You was shot by Whitehead.

The venue (Olympic) may be the same but there's a year between shoots reflected by the difference in clothes. The shooting style is very different as well.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 29, 2005 18:44

just got my copy. the menu doesn't work. the videos are cool though.

Date: October 29, 2005 19:19

>> All of the footage of the Stones in One plus One was shot (directed) by Godard.
All of the footage of the Stones in We Love You was shot by Whitehead. <<

yes, the footage in One Plus One is distinctly different from We Love You,
and i don't recall any bits with Brian nodding out in One Plus One.
maybe that shot of him lookin so wonky in We Love You is used a bit out of context in 25x5, which could create that association.
but anyway i believe HalfNanker when he said he didn't mean it to be a Big Deal.

- Keith

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home