Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG FANS HERE
Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:46

I'm in for USA, preferably East Coast.

You people who are saying you're "in for $1000" aren't even willing to 'belly up' for good VIP seats for around $2000 ... how can you expect $1000 would cover the cost of a small intimate venue?

I agree that Kickstarter might be the way to go. Pick a central location for the USA and another one for Europe, but I think the realistic prices for a reward of attending a private gig with 500 or 600 other Stones fans would be in the $3000-$5000 range (if even that's enough). A pledge of $1000 would only get you a tee-shirt and maybe a lapel pin.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:46

This is actually more plausible than people realize. If you know the fabulous amounts of money people have quickly raised on KickStarter for the most stupid ideas, someone could actually pull this off.

My only suggestion is to do it now for an east coast USA location, while they are rolling and have the equipment, staff, motivation and opportunity to pull it off relatively easily. Some fat would probably donate half the fee just to get him and his few friends in.

All you guys in NYC bitching about no shows, here is your chance for a once in a lifetime club show. [www.kickstarter.com]

peace

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2015 04:56

Naturalust
This is actually more plausible than people realize. If you know the fabulous amounts of money people have quickly raised on KickStarter for the most stupid ideas, someone could actually pull this off.

My only suggestion is to do it now for an east coast USA location, while they are rolling and have the equipment, staff, motivation and opportunity to pull it off relatively easily. Some fat would probably donate half the fee just to get him and his few friends in.

All you guys in NYC bitching about no shows, here is your chance for a once in a lifetime club show. [www.kickstarter.com]

peace

I'm obviously interested if this is going to be free. By "free", I'm assuming the transportation and accommodations will also be covered.

I'll get my own food no problem as long as there is a Subway close by.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:00

Naturalust

peace

i clicked on that thinking you'd started a kickstarter to fund it, ready to pledge. but you hadn't. :-(

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:08

Turner68
Naturalust

peace

i clicked on that thinking you'd started a kickstarter to fund it, ready to pledge. but you hadn't. :-(

:-(

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:20

I'm in.

London's best (and remember I'm saying that from Australia), and then as real fans we can lean on Wyman to join them.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:22

In.

Who design the venue tee + poster ??grinning smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:27

I'd pay 2k for an iorr club show ticket.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:28

The Naturalust is 100% correct: To make this happen, somebody needs to act on this now.

Find a couple of candidate "soft" breaks in the tour out in the eastern US and broach the subject with the Stones management. Once the tour is rolling, the band may value their days off more than the opportunity to rake in a couple of million dollars for a paid rehearsal gig.

BTW, forget the setlist requests! Let the Rolling Stones be the Rolling Stones! That's enough for me.

Posted by: whodo ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:54

Count me in times 3, anywhere, any time.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:15

I'm interested. USA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:17

treaclefingers
Turner68
Naturalust

peace

:-(

Yeah sorry about that, I knew that possibility existed, a pretty small gesture to be sure, but some would say the first step is the most important one and I was hoping the link might just be the first step for someone on the East coast to follow through. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: bms941 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:21

I'm in + 1...anywhere.

Good luck...make it happen!

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:37

I'm interested.

Doug USA

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:43

Yes for me.

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:43

That sounds like a damn good time!

Re: IORR PRIVATE ROLLING STONES SHOW - INTEREST POLL AMONG MEMBERS HERE
Date: May 29, 2015 06:58

Or, they could always do it for free for the fan club...Mickey's Fan Club...Hey! How 'bout at Disney World or Disney Land?!

Insert doctored up photo here of Mick in Mickey Mouse ears!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 07:01 by Straycat13.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:05

Please no discussions, then start another thread about a free concert or how stupid this is or whatever. Write only if you would be interested. This is ONLY a poll to see how many here at iorr who would be interested, nothing else.

Date: May 29, 2015 07:12

It's a dream, dude, but I'm in.

Posted by: JK62 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:55

Count me in! When is the presale?

private concert
Date: May 28, 2015 14:18

We raised money between all his members of this forum for a private concert for us?confused smiley

Re: private concert
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:33

Count me in for a chunk. Name the price I wont feel cheated or abused or raped. Those capitalist Stones are well worth it.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:34

where would it be?

Date: May 28, 2015 14:38

It´s been talked about a lot here in the past and is obviously a possiblity to arrange for the "right" money. If we are let´s say 400 people and each of us pay $5000 we are on our way. We need someone serious fan, who are willing to make a list of interested people, handle the contact with the management and so on. But, it has to be done within the next couple of years before they all can´t even walk anymore. I for sure would not hesitate a secondsmiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 14:40 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: May 28, 2015 14:41

It could be London, Paris or New York, a small club with fans, it´s possible to arrangesmiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 14:49

It would be nice , in a place we could get todosy that is not too expensive , I am in Buenos Aires, NY.Londres or Paris would be very expensive for some to mesad smiley

That seems Havana Cubasmileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:04

if i had 5 million to spare i would hire the glimmers to play my living room

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:18

TheGreek
if i had 5 million to spare i would hire the glimmers to play my living room
Give me 5 million, and I forget to watch the Stones in concert with no regrets!

Date: May 28, 2015 15:22

I´m serious about this, those of you that aren´t don´t need to write here. This is one of the problems with a project like this, only serious interest here please.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:28

Why do people think that they play better in front of a smaller audience? I would say that the Stones in 2015 is pretty much an overrated commodity. And overpriced.
Were I that millionaire I would have bought myself an island or another house instead. Or a younger wife. Things that last longer than 90 minutes...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1287
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home