Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:05

Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

eye popping smiley. Actually glad you still are. Any news on another show tonight? No need to defend yourself in any way but a few more show details for the sake of us who are truly interested would be welcome. Much Thanks.

peace

I think it would be nice if he defended himself.

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 5:11 a.m. PST on 5/27, or 8:11 a.m. on the east coast, he said he was going. Later that day at 2:01 p.m. PST or 5:01 east coast, he says he's on a plane.

Let's assume he hadn't taken off yet. We get to assume certain things here since he hasn't been forthcoming. We don't know where in Florida he is, but just about any nonstop flight from Florida is at least five hours. I checked Flight Aware, and the vast majorty of available flights from Miami and Orlando to San Diego are NOT nonstop. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt- let's say at the last miute he was able to find a nonstop flight to San Diego and he lives near an airport that has an airline that flies there.

Then, at 5:54 p.m. PST he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon so we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. It has been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

All in all, his story is highly suspect.

Edit- I adjusted the times because I resetmy settings to reflect California (Pacific) time. There's no way his timeline is can work. Moreover, I checked ALL planes landing from anywhere in Florida at Lindbergh field yesterday. A Southwest Airlines plane from Orlando landed at 2:29 p.m, Pacific time (no way he's on it) and an American Airlines plane from Miami land around 10:16 p.m. (too late). He either took a private, which would be listed on Flight Aware or he didn't do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 06:44 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:09

Seriously, how old are you people bitching about a guy who was able to do something that we all dream of being able to do? Are you stupid kids or old grumpy people not so happy with how their lives have turned out? The jealousy is hilarious.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:13

Hairball
2120Wolf
Sighunt
donvis
onlystones
No I'm here.
Well what happened at the show?

....inquiring minds want to know (LOL)!

This is not that hard to figure out...it's an easy one....
The Rolling Stones probably played some Rock N' Roll ????
Songs that we have probably even heard live before.....

thumbs up

Seriously, this has become the inquisition of onlystones with a mob mentality.
Who really gives a crap whether he was there or not? After reading his detailed adventure, I can only hope he was...

Time to move on and speculate whether or not there will be any other small shows during this tour.

From my perspective, I was just trying to inject a little levity into the proceedings. Personally, to whomever got inside that gig, I think it is great that you got to witness the Stones up close and personal-a dream that many of us die hard fans would love to share.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:15

KeithFnRichards
Seriously, how old are you people bitching about a guy who was able to do something that we all dream of being able to do? Are you stupid kids or old grumpy people not so happy with how their lives have turned out? The jealousy is hilarious.

I think it's awesome the guy did it, personally.

What's not cool is BV equating success with intelligence. There is no direct correlation. Jealousy is not the only thing running on this board, ignorance also has found a home.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:16

BV--will you give a detailed description of the show?

Date: May 29, 2015 05:18

onlystones, please email me. wawicovi@gmail.com . would love to talk about raliegh

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:20

Out of 25 pages in this thread, it has produced a whopping three or maybe four paragraphs of details about the actual gig. I would like to hear more details from those who attended. I can understand that bv has his hands full at the moment. His word is good and we know he will complete an excellent write-up as soon as he gets a chance. But where are the other first-hand accounts?

As for the credibility/plausibility of some of the posts: I have been to private gigs with respectable artists/bands (never the Stones, though), and I've been to closed soundchecks and rehearsals for major bands. In every case, I wouldn't shut up about it for days immediately following the event. What they played, what guitars they used, what was said between songs, etc.

One thing I would never do is publicly post details about how I got in, and do so in a way that could jeopardize the career of the contact who got me in. If you are fortunate enough to score an opportunity of that magnitude, use your head.

While it may be believable that somebody got in, screwing over the individual(s) who helped make it happen is unbelievably inconsiderate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 05:40 by 5stringTele.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:26

It made tickets cheaper for all of us. Whoo hoo!!!

Date: May 29, 2015 05:29

MingSubu
It made tickets cheaper for all of us. Whoo hoo!!!

It knocked 2 bucks off each ticket....

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:30

You think even that much?

Date: May 29, 2015 05:33

MingSubu
You think even that much?

Only the delusional would say it reduced prices!

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:53

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:56

Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

eye popping smiley. Actually glad you still are. Any news on another show tonight? No need to defend yourself in any way but a few more show details for the sake of us who are truly interested would be welcome. Much Thanks.

peace

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 16:11 on 5/27, or 4:11 p.m, to the rest of us, he said he was going. Later that night at 22:01, 0r 10:01 p.m. he says he's on a plane.

Let's assume he hadn't taken off yet. We get to assume certain things here since he hasn't been forthcoming. We don't know where in Florida he is, but just about any nonstop flight from Florida is at least five hours. I checked Flight Aware, and the vast majorty of available flights from Miami and Orlando to San Diego are NOT nonstop. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt- let's say at the last miute he was able to find a nonstop flight to San Diego and he lives near an airport that has an airline that flies there.

At 4:54 on 5/28 he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon do we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. Ithas been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

I used to live 2 blocks from the Belly Up. I've made it to the SD airport in well under an hour before. Google maps puts the trip at 27 minutes. it requires extremely good luck regarding traffic - unlikely at the time of day we are talking about. but it's not crazy for it to be done in under 2 hours.

As for the plane trip, it could have been on a private plane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 05:57 by Turner68.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:57

IFTHEY DO CRAZY MAMA , DO I HAVE TO HOPE FOR MY FAVOURITE "HAND OF FATE"?????

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 05:58

5stringTele

As for the credibility/plausibility of some of the posts: I have been to private gigs with respectable artists/bands (never the Stones, though), and I've been to closed soundchecks and rehearsals for major bands. In every case, I wouldn't shut up about it for days immediately following the event. What they played, what guitars they used, what was said between songs, etc.

I have similar events, like you, but for the most part I never told many details because a lot of them sounded improbable. Luckily I had a camera for some happenings, so I have pictures. I'm not weighing in on this argument at all, but I was at the Fonda and I can't remember very many details mostly because I was freaking out at being a couple of feet from the band. If you asked me for a setlist the day after, I'd have sounded clueless. No opinion here though. I just like the Stones and am enjoying them. I think they are tight man. A well oiled machine.

Date: May 29, 2015 06:01

Terribly revealing thread; this. And I mean that quite literally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 06:02 by wellalright.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:06

KeithFnRichards

Don't really think is has anything to do with jealousy. I think the whole point is that it looks like he didn't do what he said. It would just be nice to get some information from people who were there other than great show, cried during I got the blues, the employees like tequila. eye rolling smiley

In a way, onlystones kind of represented all of us here on IORR, or claimed to in any case, promised to give us show information and some of us developed some expectations and attachment to the story and outcome. Basic human nature stuff...adult human nature.

I just can't believe someone who was so active leading up to the show would not want to do anything but continue to post his impressions and experiences of the show, especially after "befriending" the posters here, the same ones who tipped him off to the show! If we were being lied to the whole time it kind of screws with the whole atmosphere of sharing information, sharing your stories and developing a sense of community among IORR members.

It was the friggin' fan story of the tour so far, of course we want to know if it was true! And it seems it would be so easy for the guy to do so. Like I said, it has little to do with jealousy or being grumpy old people or stupid kids, imo.

peace

Date: May 29, 2015 06:16

Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 16:11 on 5/27, or 4:11 p.m, to the rest of us, he said he was going. Later that night at 22:01, 0r 10:01 p.m. he says he's on a plane.

At 4:54 on 5/28 he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon do we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. Ithas been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

I used to live 2 blocks from the Belly Up. I've made it to the SD airport in well under an hour before. Google maps puts the trip at 27 minutes. it requires extremely good luck regarding traffic - unlikely at the time of day we are talking about. but it's not crazy for it to be done in under 2 hours.

Well, as I infer, it's not completely impossible, but he'd have to have every single factor go in his favor. Every one.

Date: May 29, 2015 06:16

Naturalust nails it again. and again.

Date: May 29, 2015 06:23

BV--you were at the show as you said, right?

Can you describe it?

And did you meet this guy that claims to have bribed his way in?

In a weird way, I think this stuff actually matters to the integrity of this forum. What is real and what is fabricated?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:34

wellalright
Naturalust nails it again. and again.
He knows who killed the Kennedys

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 29, 2015 06:48

DEmerson
Mick posted on facebook that he's leaving CA and going to Toronto and then later Chicago. Hmmmm...

APOLOGIES - I looked again and someone for some reason had posted a pic of Mick from 2013. Nevermind.

Haha, I was just about to say that that is exactly what he did two years ago at this time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 06:49 by alieb.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:02

I give up. If he got in good for him. If he is bs'ing then he is having a good laugh at us all. To do that is a wee bit sad so for his sake I hope he got in

Posted by: stonesfan7676 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:30

I'm with Naturalust and Wellalright on this one. It's an integrity thing. Stories like this, if untrue, cause little more than distrust, apprehension, and lack of community among us. No room for that here. Those inclined to create fiction should start a thread for fabrications and fantasies.

And if the story is true I'm sorry, but as hard as the Stones beat in this heart of mine, I think bribing staff who's job it is to protect these guys, intruding on a stranger's private event, then providing tasteless details, is opprobrious at best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 07:31 by stonesfan7676.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:36

Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

Well, as I infer, it's not completely impossible, but he'd have to have every single factor go in his favor. Every one.

Onlystones told me what happened, and I believe him. In his words:

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered." For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed "I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!" He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-06 22:40 by drbryant.

Date: May 29, 2015 07:44

drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

Oh please. You believe this? It reads like a bad short story. What Wayne Airfield in Florida? This site: [www.airport-data.com] doesn't list one. Moreover, he contradicts himself. In this latest version, he got on the plane and fell asleep, yet we have posts on this board where he claims to be inflight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 07:49 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:48

drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 07:50

Long John Stoner
drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

Oh please. You believe this? It reads like a bad short story. Moreover, he contradicts himself. In this latest version, he got on the plane and fell asleep, yet we have posts on this board where he claims to be inflight.

I think it's a parody....

Date: May 29, 2015 07:52

roller99
Long John Stoner
drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

Oh please. You believe this? It reads like a bad short story. Moreover, he contradicts himself. In this latest version, he got on the plane and fell asleep, yet we have posts on this board where he claims to be inflight.

I think it's a parody....

If he's parodying onlystones, he sucked me in. Good job. smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 07:53

drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

effing brilliant.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home