Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Future Re-Releases
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 22, 2015 19:54

Tate
I want to have a nice, mastered and clean version of 'You Got The Silver' with Mick on vocals. With next month's '71 live material coming, that might be all I have ever really asked for. Beyond that, I guess I'd just like a big, multi-disc 'anthology' type collection of all unreleased goodies (alt versions and outtakes, songs, as opposed to song scraps and loose, mumbly jams) from the early days on up. How much fun would that be?

I think they are wise to get the biggest bang (no stones pun intended) from these reissues by pairing rare cuts, etc, with already well known classic albums. I do have the Rarities CD from 2005, but I'll be it didn't sell as much as the Exile/Some Girls Deluxe sets. I'm fine with stand alone rarities but the general public seems to need more.

Let It Bleed, and to a lesser degree, Beggar's Banquet, are the only big time Stones' LPs left to attach bonus cuts to that the general public would identify with, and that's stretching it. Plus we're solidly into ABKCO territory.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2015 20:10

@Stones2000 - there are 2 CDs worth of Steel Wheels outtakes including another unreleased song "Giving it Up", click on the "Essential Outtakes CDs" in my sig to get them.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 22, 2015 20:42

gotdablouse
@Stones2000 - there are 2 CDs worth of Steel Wheels outtakes including another unreleased song "Giving it Up", click on the "Essential Outtakes CDs" in my sig to get them.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks very much smiling smiley

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 22, 2015 20:57

I know Jagger mentioned that Don Was, was very interested in giving Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed the deluxe treatment. I think they have already sorted out what's in the archives, as I remember Was in 'Stones In Exile', where he described hearing outtakes of 'Honky Tonk Women'.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:26

I could even go as far as Aftermath as a Deluxe Edition. If there's a stereo version somewhere, the Honolulu concert would be a good add on, being Brian's last U.S. appearance, just as a Between The Buttons Deluxe Edition could have the Paris Olympia live show.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:45

saltoftheearth
eyesoftheworld
Ghosts Head Soup would be amazing.

One of my favorite albums and I'd love to hear some of those songs live...

Original album

+ live tracks from 1973confused smileyilver Train, Angie, 100 years ago, heartbreaker
+ live track from 1975/1976: Star star
+ DVD Wembley 1973 (BBC)
+ DVD documentary: Europe 1973 with the Rolling Stones (TV footage from all over the continent)

The holy grail for me!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 22, 2015 22:57

kevinkamphuis
saltoftheearth
eyesoftheworld
Ghosts Head Soup would be amazing.

One of my favorite albums and I'd love to hear some of those songs live...

Original album

+ live tracks from 1973confused smileyilver Train, Angie, 100 years ago, heartbreaker
+ live track from 1975/1976: Star star
+ DVD Wembley 1973 (BBC)
+ DVD documentary: Europe 1973 with the Rolling Stones (TV footage from all over the continent)

The holy grail for me!

+1.

(and a photobook focussing on the Europe '73 would be nice too)

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:53

i would love to hear a rerelease as a single of the rice krispies song in reggae style with justin beiber on backing vocals and sold as a box set with a free packet of rice krispies.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2015 02:17

rasta krispies mon............

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home